Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Super-Delegates?

Who are the Super-Delegates we hear so much about? Why don't I hear who they are? Are they more puppets to the REAL leaders?
    It all seems very fishy to me......

Got to props to the Republicans, at least their system to elect a canidate is straight forward - winner take all :P

I do not think the Democrat Party will release a list of thier "Super" Delegates. What I have heard is this...
    The 600 Super Delegates consist of ELITIST from ALL 50 States, my Senator Tim Johnson happens to be ONE. I have this question:
    If Tim Johnson were to Vote in South Dakotas June 3rd Primary, and THEN use his "Super" Delegate status to pick the Democratic Nominee, is he not Voting TWICE?
    I think that is illegal isnt it?
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Super delegates are chosen by each states Dem committees and can vote any way they want at the Dem convention, so the candidate "chosen" by the party wins the nomination. Makes the people votes look useless, don't it? Republicans don't do this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

From what I understand, the super delegates were formed after the 1968 DNC (which was marked by vicious political infighting in the Democratic party - old left vs. new left).

The idea behind superdelegates is that party elites will always have a way of controlling who the nominee was. They are a filter on the voice of the unwashed masses of the DNC. It's definitely an ironic attribute for a "democratic" party to have.

This is one reason I thought that Hillary was more likely to win than others were giving her credit for in recent months, but with the superdelegates lining up behind the Obamination, Hillary might have lost her last, most powerful lifeline.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Re: Super-Delegates?

Who are the Super-Delegates we hear so much about?
    Super Delegates who have endorsed:

http://uspolitics.about.com/gi/dynamic/ ... -list.html

Super Delegates who haven't endorsed yet:

If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Thank you "steelerbabe," "PatriotofPast," "miguelina" & "apropos" for your input and knowledge. I still find all this fishy though. Maybe I'm overly suspicious....

Re: Super-Delegates?

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Who are the Super-Delegates we hear so much about?
    Super Delegates who have endorsed:

Super Delegates who haven't endorsed yet:

Thanks for the links "WorriedAmerican." I'm going to read them right now.