Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Susan Collins: Trump hasn't learned how to work with Congress

Susan Collins: Trump hasn't learned how to work with Congress

By Pete Grieve, CNN
    Updated 4:37 PM ET, Tue June 27, 2017

Story highlights

Susan Collins said Trump should not have started with a politically divisive issue
    She said she'll attend a meeting at the White House this afternoon

Washington (CNN)A moderate senator who opposes the current draft of the Senate health care bill said Tuesday that President Donald Trump's lack of political experience is partly to blame for the GOP's struggles to pass the legislation.
    "It has been a challenge to him to learn how to interact with Congress and how to push his agenda forward," Republican Sen. Susan Collins told reporters Tuesday afternoon, shortly after CNN reported that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, "This President is the first president in our history who has had neither political nor military experience," Collins added.

The Maine senator said she wishes Trump had attempted to pass legislation on issues that could have bipartisan support -- like infrastructure -- before trying to tackle "a politically divisive and technically complex issue like health care."

Collins said that she planned to accept the White House's invitation for an all-GOP senators meeting later Tuesday, but insisted that she's not anywhere close to supporting the bill.

"If the President wants to have a meeting with me I'm certainly willing to go and listen what he has to say," she said. "I will say that I have so many fundamental problems with the bill that have been confirmed by the CBO report that it's difficult for me to see how any tinkering is going to satisfy my fundamental and deep concerns about the impact of the bill."

After the Congressional Budget Office released its score of the bill yesterday, which predicted that 22 million people will lose coverage if the Senate bill becomes law, Collins tweeted her opposition.

"I want to work w/ my GOP & Dem colleagues to fix the flaws in ACA. CBO analysis shows Senate bill won't do it."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/27/politi...are/index.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hmmmm. Seems to me that Susan Collins after a life-time in politics hasn't mastered her job. She's been in the US Senate since 1997.

Donald Trump isn't the reason we have 75 million people on Medicaid and another 15 million on SCHIP. Susan Collins is.

Donald Trump isn't the reason we have $1 trillion a year deficits that have created $22 trillion in national debt. Susan Collins is.

Donald Trump isn't the reason we have 94 million working age adults out of the work force. Susan Collins is.

Donald Trump isn't the reason we've lost 70,000 factories since NAFTA. Susan Collins is.

Donald Trump isn't the reason 62% of the US population has less than $1,000 in savings. Susan Collins is.

Donald Trump isn't the reason we have 30 million illegal aliens roaming our land free as birds. Susan Collins is.

Donald Trump was elected by the majority of the voters in 30 states to FIX what "experienced" members of the SWAMP like Susan Collins have done to our country. Susan Collins thinks the Russia Hoax is real, even CNN has admitted it's not. Susan Collins is on our Senate Intelligence Stooge Committee who can't tell a DNC Corrupt Media Hoax from an actual threat.

Susan Collins announced in August of 2016 she "could not support Donald Trump" and "will not vote for him".

She's a wounded snowflake in red, NEVER TRUMPER, who can't get over the fact that Hillary Clinton lost the election, so she's going to punish unemployed and underemployed Americans looking for more and better jobs that aren't coming because of Obamacare, businesses who want to expand but can't because of Obamacare, individuals who can't afford insurance but are forced to pay a penalty because of Obamacare, all because she wants to show Trump she has the power to derail his Agenda to fix our country, put Americans back to work, and Make America Great Again.

Susan Collins isn't a SWAMP RAT, she's worse, she's a TAPE WORM living in the belly of SWAMP RATS.
    Last edited by Judy; 06-27-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn