Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Suspicions about Hotel Employees

My job requires me to travel a lot, mostly out West. Usually I wind up at various Hilton chain hotels, like Hampton, etc. Depending on my schedule, I usually observe the housekeeping staff at least once while staying. Every now and then I see housekeepers who can speak English.

So, I'm way up North, a hell of a long way from Mexico, and I ask the maid if she could service my room before lunch. Blank stare. Sheesh, so I go to the desk clerk and remark , "she doesn't speak any English, what language do I need to talk to her in, what's her citizenship?" Desk clerk freaks out, like she's seen a ghost. "Oh, we'll take care of it!" Gimme a break, way up in Idaho or Iowa, and they can't speak one word of English, and I'm supposed to believe they're US citizens?

I guess I have a bad attitude - I used to leave tips for housekeeping if they do a great job, but I'll be damn if I'm gonna leave a tip for an illegal. hell no! If I suspect illegal employees, no tip. If I'm wrong, then US citizens who deserve tips don't get em due to my rotten bad attitude.

For the most part I suspect a lot of these hotels are using illegals, and I'd like to report em at http://www.wehirealiens.com/ but suspicions alone won't suffice. I think they probably contract out their maid service and don't even want to know any details.

Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

OK, (hell, I'm replying to myself) here's one thing I will do.....

Most of these hotels have computers in the lobbies for people to use. All I gotta do is reset these lobby computers (or "business center" computers) home page to AliPac, then, at least, follow-on users will see Alipac first. Then during my stay, I make sure they are home-page to Alipac.

Other ALIPAC members who travel, hope you'll do it too.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

For the most part I suspect a lot of these hotels are using illegals, and I'd like to report em at http://www.wehirealiens.com/ but suspicions alone won't suffice. I think they probably contract out their maid service and don't even want to know any details.
    It doesn't matter if the parent company knows about the illegals or not. If they contract out work and the contractor hires illegals the parent company is just a guilty. This is how Wal-Mart is getting slammed.

I like your computer tactic.

Hi John,

Ah yes, indeed. Maybe wehirealiens.com should add another data field for employers suspected of hosting illegals on the property, whereas whoever posted to it would qualify why they are suspicious. The caveat is that the webmaster would have to add a lot more server space to hold the data.

Yeah, the Red-Chinese factory outlet, Walmart, probably has the fines (for illegals) in their budget. It's like they don't even mind being caught over and over.

Another thing I plan to do is print up a bunch of Alipac flyers and leave one nice and neat inside the airline inflight magazine each flight segment I travel on. Leaving flyers in waiting rooms comes to mind. This is just small stuff, but it takes no effort on my part. If I influence one person, then I've done something.

Thanks for replying,
    Coto