Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AT&T Repair Services

I have had some telephone hardware problems recently and have had to address these concerns thru my service provider, AT&T.

I noticed whenever I called the repair service line, which I had to do several times, the customer service person on the other end always had an hispanic -sounding name. Also, those customer service people all spoke English as a second language. I happened to ask where this service center was located and the hispanic rep said, "El Paso, TX."

I wonder what's the story with the people who work at that phone repair customer service call center? Do you think they are legal aliens who cross the border daily to work there? Or are there really a whole lot of US citizens living in El Paso who speak English as their second language?

A couple of weeks ago, I was in El Paso for the first time (I live in Austin, TX). The Austin area of course is flooded with illegals- some of whom are housed by employers- I've seen them... But I was shocked driving thru El Paso the first time. It might as well have been Mexico. I stopped in a major shopping mall and walked around. In passing hundreds of people, I'd say the vast majority of conversations were in spanish, not english. I felt like I was not in America.

On a more positive note. I was impressed to see numerous border patrol check points throughout New Mexico. And it was great to say, yeah- I'm a 100% American citizen passing thru them all.

Re: AT&T Repair Services

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_Bucks
    I have had some telephone hardware problems recently and have had to address these concerns thru my service provider, AT&T.

I noticed whenever I called the repair service line, which I had to do several times, the customer service person on the other end always had an hispanic -sounding name. Also, those customer service people all spoke English as a second language. I happened to ask where this service center was located and the hispanic rep said, "El Paso, TX."

I wonder what's the story with the people who work at that phone repair customer service call center? Do you think they are legal aliens who cross the border daily to work there? Or are there really a whole lot of US citizens living in El Paso who speak English as their second language?

Did you get the problem resolved? I get so frustrated when I get someone who is outside of the U.S. and I cannot understand them and they cannot understand me. Many business outsource their customer service department. I have had to hang up or ask to speak to someone that I can understand and just hang up and call back.

Yes, the problem was resolved. But I had trouble understanding a couple of those phone reps. If that happened I'd call back later.