Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Take away the economic incentive for illegal immigrants

Make no mistake, we should not give amnesty to illegal immigrants.

If we did, then we should give amnesty to all people doing illegal acts.

If we did, then we should let all people into America without any sort of due process (to include terrorists because it would be discriminitory to disclude any particular group).

One potential option is to take the economic incentive away that pushes illegal immigrants to come to America. They might work here, but their heart is home where their family is. They work and send the money home. I believe that they really don't want to be away, but have to due to economic reasons. They come to America because they have no options at home. If they had options, they would stay where they live, at home.

Maybe the better way to handle this is to help provide economic incentives to remain at home. It might be cheaper for Americans if we helped improve schools, agriculture, infrastructure, and other economic factors in the neighboring country.

This would provide economic incentive for people coming to America just to gain work at reason to stay at home.

Then those who really want to come to America for reasons such as freedom and the American way of life, would find the process easier and more rewarding. Then they would all be legal immigrants.

This may not be the complete answer, but I believe that it is much better than trying to fight everyone on all sides of the issue. There is no way to get everyone to agree on what to do. I can't even get my family to agree where to eat at on a given night.

You are right, I saw where Colorado has almost enough signatures to go to a voters referendum to stop the entitlements to illegal immigrants, if we could do that in every state and take it out of the hands of our politicians we might just get somewhere in this fight! I think if this went to the voters in all states they would pass it hands down!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

It really is at the State level where the most can be done. We have to get rid of the magnets. It will all be met with opposition, but some states are starting to do it.

On the Federal level you will have to go after Welfare reform and Social Security stuff. The States can not do anything about the federal benefits.

I would also like to suggest going after local law enforcement to enforce traffic laws like having proper car insurance. I am starting to think the way to attack the problem may be to not even mention the immigration piece. May be even able to attack housing codes and start getting them enforced...I am sure there is a developer out there with lots of money that will be happy to see that coming down the pike.

FYI: Walgreens down the street always has a line for 'Passport' photos. I am sure these are all being used for fake drivers licenses.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>