Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Tancredo Renews Call for Border Agent Pardons"

Full statement posted at unofficial Tancredo for President blog located here: http://tancredo4prez.blogspot.com/ .

Tancredo Renews Call for Border Agent Pardons in Wake of Libby Clemency

Tancredo Renews Call for Border Agent Pardons in Wake of Libby Clemency
    Asks Bush to Extend Same Compassion to Ramos, Compean that he Extended to Disgraced Political Ally

(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – U.S. Representative Tom Tancredo (R-CO) issued the following statement regarding Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean in the wake of the clemency of former Cheney Chief of Staff I. Lewis Libby:

“I believe the President should take it a step further and fully pardon Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean. The 11 and 12 year sentences they received were grossly unfair and a result of an overzealous prosecutor. Both agents are at risk of violent attacks at their current prison cell locations. In fact, Mr. Ramos has already been brutally assaulted by violent criminals inside his cell. This not only takes a toll on them, but their families as well,â€

[quote]“I believe the President should take it a step further and fully pardon Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean. The 11 and 12 year sentences they received were grossly unfair and a result of an overzealous prosecutor. Both agents are at risk of violent attacks at their current prison cell locations. In fact, Mr. Ramos has already been brutally assaulted by violent criminals inside his cell. This not only takes a toll on them, but their families as well,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If the President can commute Scooter's sentence and Elvira Arellano can be given relief, then individuals who were trying to protect our borders against criminals should be given a complete pardon, be given back pay and given their jobs back.

Oh forgot our President doesn't believe in American law he believes in Mexican laws.

Amen

[quote="zeezil"][quote]“I believe the President should take it a step further and fully pardon Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean. The 11 and 12 year sentences they received were grossly unfair and a result of an overzealous prosecutor. Both agents are at risk of violent attacks at their current prison cell locations. In fact, Mr. Ramos has already been brutally assaulted by violent criminals inside his cell. This not only takes a toll on them, but their families as well,â€

EVERYONE SEND A MESSAGE TO WHITE HOUSE NOW.......

I heard him last night and he made my day by saying;

We can deport them and all we have to do is enforce the laws.
    Build a fence the entire length of the southern border, then start on the northern border.
    We can send the military in other countries to control their borders and we need to put them on our borders.
    That sealed the deal for me.

MW
    Thanks for keeping the pressure on, Rep. Tancredo.

Excerpt:

Hunter, a potential 2008 White House contender, said he collected 72 co-sponsors on a bill within 15 minutes after he introduced the measure on the House floor. The bill is the first of its kind in Congress, said Hunter spokesman Joe Kasper. The legislation is likely to head to the House Judiciary Committee for consideration.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2 ... %2C00.html

I wonder if Hunter's bill to pardon the two BP agents will ever reach President Bush's desk?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    I heard him last night and he made my day by saying;

We can deport them and all we have to do is enforce the laws.
    Build a fence the entire length of the southern border, then start on the northern border.
    We can send the military in other countries to control their borders and we need to put them on our borders.
    That sealed the deal for me.
    Dyehard39, I also watched Rep. Tancredo's speech that he gave in Des Moines on Saturday on the C-SPAN telecast of it last night. The speech was great. He got a standing ovation after giving the speech.

He is not the best speaker of thsoe running and he certainly doesn't have the Hollywood looks of Mitt Romney, but he speaks from the heart. I believe that is one of the reasons that his candidacy is doing well.

I believe it was Melissa that posted about how his booth had far more people at it than any other candidate's booth following the conclusion of the speeches at that event.

MW
    Duncan Hunter has also renewed call for BP agents pardon in Wake of Libby Clemency. Hunter article came out two days prior to blog entry on Tancredo website.

Excerpt:

Bush pressed to pardon border agents
    By Jerry Seper
    July 3, 2007

Two California congressmen, one of whom introduced legislation this year calling for a congressional pardon for two U.S. Border Patrol agents, say that if President Bush can commute the sentence of former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, he can order pardons for the agents.

"If the president of the United States is going to commute the sentence of Scooter Libby, he should immediately accompany that with a pardon for Border Patrol agents Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos," said Rep. Duncan Hunter, California Republican and 2008 presidential candidate.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbc ... 30085/1001

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Once again, thank you Tom.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast