Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks for posting this LawEnforcer. As Tancredo notes, Romney actually did something against IAs when the issue wasn't hot, and he can go the distance unlike Paul, Hunter or Thompson. Best thing we can do try to influence him and apply pressure.

I'm glad they discussed Romney's MTP interview. I was worried about the language Romney used, as was Tancredo, but allowing IAs to get their affairs in order for 6 weeks or 6 months and then they go home is reasonable -- attrition through enforcement. The alternative of Giuliani, Huckabee or McCain is far worse.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Populist wrote:

I was worried about the language Romney used, as was Tancredo, but allowing IAs to get their affairs in order for 6 weeks or 6 months and then they go home is reasonable -- attrition through enforcement.
    Are you just dreaming this stuff up as you go along? Romney has not said the illegals must go home in 6 weeks or 6 months. However, he has said they should be able to stay for an indefinite amount of time and put of a path to legal residency. Didn't your read the Tim Russert interview? Point blank, Romney has no plan to send the illegals home!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, I read the MTP transcript several times which you keep citing, ignoring the other info. And Tancredo mentioned the 6 weeks or 6 months and the policy of attrition; I assume from his one on one with Romney. And Romney has said they go home.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Populist wrote:

I was worried about the language Romney used, as was Tancredo, but allowing IAs to get their affairs in order for 6 weeks or 6 months and then they go home is reasonable -- attrition through enforcement.
    Are you just dreaming this stuff up as you go along? Romney has not said the illegals must go home in 6 weeks or 6 months. However, he has said they should be able to stay for an indefinite amount of time and put of a path to legal residency. Didn't your read the Tim Russert interview? Point blank, Romney has no plan to send the illegals home!
    How many times does this SAME issue have to be discussed?? The proof----other interviews, videos, etc.----has been posted NUMEROUS times.

As I have asked numerous times...........Can you please post the plans of Hunter and Paul for the millions of illegals who are here-----as well as their plans for dealing with the employers??
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Yes, I read the MTP transcript several times which you keep citing, ignoring the other info. And Tancredo mentioned the 6 weeks or 6 months; I assume from his one on one with Romney. And Romney has said they go home.
    I said this a LONG time ago......The illegals should be given a warning----you get some time to clean up your affairs and make plans to leave-----then the increased enforcement begins.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Don't forget that Sen. Jim DeMint was an early endorser of Romney.

And just recently, Rep. Jack Kingston endorsed Romney. Look at Kingston's great grades:

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... &VIPID=208
    So does Sherrif Joe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    I said this a LONG time ago......The illegals should be given a warning----you get some time to clean up your affairs and make plans to leave-----then the increased enforcement begins.
    This is the gist of it. Attrition through enforcement over time, after they get their affairs in order. With Romney we have a better chance at this than with Giuliani or Huck.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Romney "says" what can I do if congress won't go along with enforcing immigration laws???

Tancredo, I love ya, but you say " what can I do... get it in blood?"... I can only take his word for what he tells me? I understand what you are saying... but my God... all I can say is GOD HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is one of my main criticisms of Romney.

I never bought into the notion that he's secretly some pro-abortion, pro-amnesty, anti-gun lefty in conservative clothing. When you look at his record in Massachusetts-the disastrous "universal" health care mandate aside-it was probably more conservative than any governor since the pre-Dukakis era.

I'm much more concerned about the steel in his spine, which I don't believe exists.

He was continually run over by the Mass. state legislature-from issues like capital punishment, to gay marriage, to you name it-and that bodes very ill should he ever be elected POTUS. I realize that the legislature was overwhelmingly Dem., and that there was not much he could do through executive fiat, but his attitude in general, i.e. I'm besieged so don't blame me for the results, leaves a lot to be desired.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    Quote Originally Posted by JAK
    Romney "says" what can I do if congress won't go along with enforcing immigration laws???

Tancredo, I love ya, but you say " what can I do... get it in blood?"... I can only take his word for what he tells me? I understand what you are saying... but my God... all I can say is GOD HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is one of my main criticisms of Romney.

I never bought into the notion that he's secretly some pro-abortion, pro-amnesty, anti-gun lefty in conservative clothing. When you look at his record in Massachusetts-the disastrous "universal" health care mandate aside-it was probably more conservative than any governor since the pre-Dukakis era.

I'm much more concerned about the steel in his spine, which I don't believe exists.

He was continually run over by the Mass. state legislature-from issues like capital punishment, to gay marriage, to you name it-and that bodes very ill should he ever be elected POTUS. I realize that the legislature was overwhelmingly Dem., and that there was not much he could do through executive fiat, but his attitude in general, i.e. I'm besieged so don't blame me for the results, leaves a lot to be desired.
    Others have said that his health care plan wasn't really a disaster. It wasn't universal health care-----it just made very affordable health carriers available through increased competition I guess.

I am surprised that he even got elected in Teddy's state!!

In regard to his business mind, he appears to be brilliant!!

Banned
    I don't know about brilliant, but he is pretty 'slick'...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast