Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Tancredo's endorsement of Romney confuses his chairman

Tancredo's endorsement of Romney confuses his chairman
    Posted 12/21/2007 10:20 AM CST on Des Moines Register
    SIOUX CITY, Iowa -- Fred Thompson's presidential bid received a boost Friday when the former state chairman for U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo announced his support for Thompson.

Bill Salier parted company with Tancredo of Colorado, who dropped out of the Republican presidential race Thursday and endorsed former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney.

Tancredo's western Iowa director Angie Anderson also announced she was joining Thompson's campaign.

Salier suggested Tancredo's decision was based on political pragmatism and not principle.

"I'm very confused" about Tancredo's decision, Anderson said.

---Bill Theobald, Gannett News Service.

Pinestraw:

If you use this site to make your links smaller you won't have to scroll horizontally on the pages to read your posts.

http://tinyr.us/index.php

Copy your url into the box then click the "make it smaller" and you'll have a new url to copy and paste into your page.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I SUPPOSE HE WANTED TANCREDO TO ENDORSE THOMPSON!

Former Tancredo chairman Salier endorses Thompson for president

By Charlotte Eby, Globe Gazette Des Moines Bureau

DES MOINES — Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson earned the endorsement today of Iowa conservative Bill Salier.

Salier, a farmer from Nora Springs who ran for the U.S. Senate in 2002, had been serving as the state chairman for Tom Tancredo’s campaign. Tancredo dropped out of the presidential race Thursday.

[b]“I am honored to endorse Sen. Fred Thompson for president,â€

Banned
    Yeah, when I was a moderator here I used to spend HOURS shortening links.

I used linkbot then, you didn't have to register to use it.

Tancredo was smart enough to figure out-----Thompson is going NOWHERE in this race. His numbers aren't even registering!!

So, why endorse someone who is NOT going anywhere and will eventually drop out.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Couldn't understand why he would announce support of Mitt Romney but -
    after hearing that he had met with Mitt for about an hour before he made
    his announcement - is it possible that there is some kind of agreement
    that if (when) Mitt wins he would appoint Tom as Head of Homeland Security or I.C.E.?

Just a thought - what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Tancredo was smart enough to figure out-----Thompson is going NOWHERE in this race. His numbers aren't even registering!!

principle and integrity. You don't endorse the lesser of two evils, you endorse who your heart tells you is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824

principle and integrity. You don't endorse the lesser of two evils, you endorse who your heart tells you is the best.
    His principles and integrity are just fine, as he feels that Romney is the best candidate to do the job!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjorie
    Couldn't understand why he would announce support of Mitt Romney but -
    after hearing that he had met with Mitt for about an hour before he made
    his announcement - is it possible that there is some kind of agreement
    that if (when) Mitt wins he would appoint Tom as Head of Homeland Security or I.C.E.?

Just a thought - what do you think?
    When Tancredo sent out emails to all of his supporters, he said that he would have more news about his intentions over the upcoming weeks.

I know that he is definitely considering running for senator if something becomes available in Colorado.

His principles and integrity are just fine, as he feels that Romney is the best candidate to do the job!!
    No he does not, he thinks like many of us, that he is the lesser of evils between Rudi, Huck, McCain.
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast