Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Taneytown, MD -- Help needed

I just received this in an email. William.........any chance you can help here?

I am asking for some assistance with our "English Language Unity Ordinance".

If you are able to attend the meeting on Wednesday, November 8th @ 7:30pm to show your support or by sending a letter support for this Ordinance to the fax number below, it would be greatly appreciated.

We have received a letter from the ACLU and we have Kim Propeack from CASA coming to speak out against English as the Official Langauge in Taneytown.

It would be very much appreciated to receive a letter from your organization in support of this measure and any other organizations as well.

Feel free to call me directly at 240-446-8986 if you have any questions or imput.

Thanks in advance.

Mayor & City Council
    Taneytown City Hall
    17 East Baltimore Street
    Taneytown, MD. 21787
    Phone410) 751-1100
    Fax410) 751-1608

Sincerely,
    Paul
    Paul E. Chamberlain, Jr.
    Taneytown City Council
    240-446-8986
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Dear TaneyTown... CASA is stupid and the ACLU just wants to control you.

keep up the good fight and don't speaka the spanish.

In English,
    Joe Youngblood

In Illinois, English is our official language and it still makes no difference. I've heard there are towns that are wanted to change their language to Spanish. Can they do that? Is there more legal backing when your state is English?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Go here for ALL the information concerning TANEYTOWN
    This is our Activism/Focus Campain Forum:
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=44149

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    In Illinois, English is our official language and it still makes no difference. I've heard there are towns that are wanted to change their language to Spanish. Can they do that? Is there more legal backing when your state is English?
    In NE, one of the very first things in our constitution is that English is the official language. And yes, it means absolutely nothing.

H.

If done properly, it should mean that official documents are NOT produced in any other language than English.

The first thing that this would accomplish is saving taxpayer dollars for the town/city.

The second thing that this would accomplish is to begin marking a line in the sand.

Ya have to start somewhere.

I had atleast thought it might have some pull to stop this "must speak Spanish" for every darn job opening. Or have some pull with this "bi-lingual" education garbage.......