Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Taxation without representation.

I remember a time when being an American citizen meant something but it appears to me those days are slipping away quickly. There is much attention given to the illegal immigrants even though they break so many laws and take the so much of the taxes that many Americans pay. Just by having the choice of Spanish on forms and on the phone and in stores costs our economy billions of dollars every year. The illegal immigrant causes our schools to be overcrowded and your children do not get the quality of education they did in the past. If you go to the ER you have to wait allot longer because of illegal immigrant who are in the ER waiting with you. I read something on the Internet that said that Greek people are disappearing in numbers so said by the Census. How would they know how many Greek Americans live in America when we are only given the choice between white or Caucasian. I don't see myself as white and since I am not of Caucasus heritage there is no way I can be Caucasian. People may say how picky can you get because you are not represented in the Census. People may think there is no way to represent each and every ethnicity. I feel the least that can be done is to include European and or Mediterranean to the list of ethnicity or race. You may ask what difference does it make? It makes a big difference. The information that is collected by the census forms you fill out determines how the money will be spend and who the will be spent on. I am surprised that there is nothing on the form about the handicapped. You will see much questions about if you are Hispanic. The census does not care if you are legal or illegal. So when an illegal immigrant fills out the census form they are taken into account of what are taxes will be spent on. Your taxes are literally being directed to be spent on illegal immigrants because they have the right to be included in the census. So in my mind illegal immigrants have more representation than many American citizens. We are being taxed without representation. I think we need to be seen as American citizens more than people who come here illegally. When your ethnicity has no value your tax dollars are not being spent on you. As an American citizen I am not even allowed to speak my opinion on a public bus. I said I thought it was wrong that as American citizen it is becoming more and more difficult to be employed if you do not know how to speak Spanish. I said to the person I was talking to that I thought it was wrong. A number of people started to make rude remarks about my being a trouble maker and that how there is always someone on the bus making trouble. Since when is it make me a trouble maker because I have expressed an opinion that was different from other people's opinion. I felt as was no longer a citizen of this country and I lacked the rights of an American citizen and illegal immigrants now have all the cards. When are we going to wake up in America and see what is going on. I was called a bitter old lady. I could say I have reasons to be bitter but I don't see myself as being bitter I see myself as being frustrated because I have trouble getting a job in the country where English used to be the language. This used to be country where the rights of the individual were preserved and guaranteed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. It seems our tax dollars go to represent the law breakers instead of the citizens of this country. Is this what our country has come to? Has it become a nation of lawbreakers? I wonder.

Understand what you are saying Samantha55 and share many of your frustrations.

Our so-called leaders, I believe, want all people, regardless of their legality, to be counted so there can be more representatives running for office. And representatives who represent districts that are heavily populated with illegals are usually the most outspoken and represent their illegal constituency even though most are not voting. It's political.

Speaking our mind, such as you did on the bus, reminds me of our current state of 'political correctiness.' That was created, imo, to keep people from expressing their minds, to keep them quiet like nice little docile children. Political correctness is helping to ruin our country imo.

Illegals do seem to have special protection in this country. As someone once said 'if you wonder why something is the way it is just follow the money.' Yes, there are lawbreakers everywhere unfortunately.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and glad you found us. We have gathered here mainly due to our frustration that our immigration laws are not enforced. We are on the side of the law, many obviously aren't.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn