Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Teach a Man To Fish...

My Grandfather tought me to fish at a young age. He told me that I could learn life's lessons out there on that lake shore. Lessons like patience, prepardness and earning my keep.

He would tell me the now cliche "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a Man to Fish and he will eat for a lifetime."

That old phrase has given me some new insights to the illegal immigration debate. You see it's not just jobs we are giving away, it's our jobs... our fish if you will. So I have a new spin on the old phrase.

"Teach a Man to fish and he eats for a lifetime. Give a Man your fishing pole and lures and you will starve."

Let's not starve ourselves America. Let's be proud of what we have built and if asked upon by our neighbors to do so offer them advice to help them on their way.

That's a very good way to put it. A common idea among less fortunate people is that they suffer because the prosperous people do not share. The less fortunate many times claim that people with money actually owe some of it to them. They will do anything they can to guilt you into believing you should give them some (or all) of what is rightfully yours. They will manipulate history to make you look like a bad guy who stole; they will separate themselves from you by grouping (many times racial) to bring about guilt; they will rally those who on are on the same level as them to unify against those who are successful. In fact, they will do anything and everything except what they actually need to do to earn their fair share the same way you did. The worst part is if you give to the outreached hands, you create a tomorrow of more hands reaching out for a freebie. If/when you stop giving, they start again with the guilt trips. It's a social system of leeches.