Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ted Cruz gets specific on 'abolishing the IRS'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I understand the so-called fair tax plan well enough to tell when someone is dancing around and playing loosely with the actual facts, which you seem to do on a regular basis when confronted with a factual rebuttal. For example, your last dancing attempt didn't really answer my comments. It was just a bunch of gobblygook designed to cloud the issue .......... basically the same old talking points.
    MW, you did not respond factually, you described the FairTax Rebate as "distribution of wealth", when it's the same type of exemption as what is now a part of the income tax system, to exempt essential spending. In fact you went on to attack the poor and accused them of "having figured out that having more babies is a way for them to milk Uncle Sam", which has nothing to do with the FairTax, because under the FairTax, a rich Catholic with 10 kids would receive the exact same amount in Rebate per month as a poor Hispanic with 10 kids, exactly the same treatment as we have now under the income tax system through the personal deduction and dependent deductions for exempting the cost of essentials from federal taxation.

Furthermore, the income tax system goes far beyond that reasonable approach to issue earned income tax credits to subsidize the wages of working poor people and child care tax credits to reward people for having babies. This does not occur with the FairTax. The FairTax ends that nonsense. Based on your own statements, you should support the FairTax, because it repeals the income tax that is presently subsidizing the working poor who are having babies and handing out thousands of dollars per family per year to at least 8 million illegal aliens who file phony income tax returns to get tax credits for income tax they never paid to begin with.

Also, your comment about the retirees is straight out of the already debunked Anti-FairTax Lobby talking points memo, the same as your outdated attempt to criticize the "prebate" which hasn't been a "Prebate" for years,the name was changed many years ago to a Rebate, since people couldn't understand what a "prebate" was, which was simply a rebate paid in advance at the first of the month so people had the Rebate in hand to use to pay FairTaxes that month, which by the way they get to keep even if they don't spend enough that month to use it all up, which doesn't matter because over the course of a lifetime, they will use it up eventually, which is how all actuaries are determined, just like the personal and dependent deductions on the income tax.

None of my comments are talking points. They are just the facts about the legislation that I know because I've studied it for so many years.

It's not my fault you don't understand the "gobblygook" of either a simple FairTax or the numerous complexities of an 80,000 page income tax code, which the FairTax abolishes. You don't seem to have a good working knowledge of the basic personal deductions, dependent deductions, and tax deferred retirement accounts under the present income tax system, and probably even less of one for the more complicated issues of the income tax. There's nothing wrong with that, most people don't, which is one of the reasons we need to abolish the income tax and replace it with the FairTax.

Speaking of retirement and savings accounts, under the FairTax, there will be no gimmicks associated with retirement savings or any other form of savings or investments, no forms to file, no rules to follow, no restrictions, no limitations, no FairTax, no income tax, no gains taxes, no dividends taxes, no interest taxes (except service portion), no penalties, and nothing to restrict you and yours from saving or investing as much as you want however you wish and earning and growing your nest eggs as large as possible, income tax free. There will be small FairTaxes on the service fees if you use banks or other investment service organizations. Then, you're free to use your retirement, savings and investments whenever, however you wish, and for whatever you want to give away to whomever you want, you can do without any gift tax, and if you want to leave it to someone or someones when you die, you are free to do so without any estate tax or interference from the government.

"Live Free Or Die" - New Hampshire License Plate

FairTax Now!
    Last edited by Judy; 04-28-2015 at 09:12 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12