Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Ted Cruz Shined in Last Night's GOP Debate

Ted Cruz Shined in Last Night's GOP Debate

By Dean Chambers

I know many conservatives are supporting Donald Trump for president this year, and I understand that. But I maintain that last night's debate proved once again that Ted Cruz is the best choice for the GOP nomination to be our next president. After decades of progressive policies from politicians of both parties, and the extreme damage done to the republic by that last seven years of the Barack Obama Regime, it is clear we need a return to an updated-for-the-times Goldwater-Reagan type agenda, and Ted Cruz is only candidate who can do that.

One of the most important issues facing the next president will be the likely appointment of two Supreme Court Justices. With many of the decisions the current court has handed down, including the last two Obamacare rulings, the same-sex marriage ruling, and many others it has become clear how important it is who gets appointed to the nation's highest court, and who does that appointing. As the former Solicitor General for the state of Texas, who himself argued key cases before the Supreme Court, after serving as law clerk Fourth Circuit Appeals Judge J. Michael Luttig and Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist, Ted Cruz is far more qualified than any of the other candidates to know who the best choices are, and appointed those nominees to the court.

Cruz proved is also last night, when he was spot-on correct in his arguments on the issues related to appointing justices to the Supreme Court. Some scored a point for Jeb Bush for pointing out that Ted Cruz, despite criticizing some of the rulings of current Chief Justice John Roberts, had in fact voted for the confirmation of Roberts as a member of the U.S. Senate. While that is true, Cruz made his position quite clear in pointing out that, while he did support the confirmation of Roberts based on the information known at the time, that the appointment of Luttig was a far better choice, and one that he would have made as president. And, Michael Luttig was on the short list of candidates that George W. Bush chose from when he nominated Roberts.

Cruz also pointed out the disaster of appointing David Souter, and how much better it would have been if George H.W. Bush had appointed Edith Jones to that seat on the Supreme Court instead. Cruz pointed out, that if the current Supreme Court including Luttig and Jones instead of the current occupants of those seats, Roberts and Sonia Sotomayor, the court would have upheld the Tenth Amendment, rather than issuing a sweeping ruling that overturns all 50 states laws and Constitutions regarding same-sex marriage. Additionally, it's like that the court would have struck down Obamacare both times, rather than upholding the law by means of Roberts re-writing the law from the bench to uphold it.

Elections have consequences, and who we nominate and elect to public office makes a huge difference. The appointment of Supreme Court justices makes a huge difference. Ted Cruz was absolutely on the mark on these issues last night, and on yet another area of public policy proved that he is by far the best candidate to be our next president.

http://www.americanfreedomblog.com/articletemplate.cfm?linkcode=TedCruzPresidentialDe batesElections2016787

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    While I like both Trump and Cruz, I do believe Cruz would give us better selections on the U.S. Supreme Court, especially where social and constitutional issues are concerned. Trump shaky position on social issues and his strong support of eminent domain concern me. While Trump has supported both parties over the years with his many political donations, it is the Democrats who have received the majority of his donations. Additionally, Trump supported Obama's campaign in 2008 and has been personal friends with the Clinton's for years (they like his money). Last, but far from least, Trump was a registered Democrat before he was a Republican. I can easily see him appointing a left leaning justice to the U.S. Supreme Court. Cruz, on the other hand, would not.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn