Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Telemundo Latino television station co-sponsers Job Fair in

http://www.telemundo47.com/inmigracion/index.html

elizabeth- the Job fair for Latinos _ at the Portland convention center is being co-sponsered by a major Latino Television station that has a section just on immigration!
    so - breaking this down- hiring illegals and anchor babies in Portland is being promoted by an outside latino business.

Banned
    Thelma,

Is there a mirror site that posts in ENGLISH? LOL! Yo no comprendo!

I doubt it- NO gringo need apply :evil: ( but that is not racist or exclusionary or in violation of civil right laws!)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    THELMA, YES IT IS ONE OF THE SPONSORS AND SO IS CHANNEL 8, I CALLED THE CONVENTION CENTER WHEN WE SAW IT ON CHANNEL 8. THE WOMAN TOLD ME THE SPONSORS WERE CHANNEL 8 AND TELEMUNDO.

SO.......FEBRUARY 15TH IS GOING TO BE A BUSY DAY FOR ME! MY BROTHER CURRENTLY IS A CONTRACTOR BUT HAS NO WORK AND IS LOOKING FOR WORK AND I "MIGHT" BE LOOKING INTO A JOB, SO WE ARE GOING DOWN THERE WITH RESUME'S IN HAND.

WILL THEY TURN US AWAY AT THE DOORS?

WILL THEY NOT ACCEPT OUR RESUME'S?

WILL THEY TREAT US WITH DISDAIN?

WE'LL FIND OUT, THEN, I AM TALKING WITH A LAWYER ABOUT A CIVIL LAWSUIT BASED ON RACIAL HIRING PREFERANCES, AS THIS IS WHAT THE JOB FAIR IS PROMOTING.

I ALSO PLAN TO SHOW MY ID AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO VERIFY TO ALL POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS THAT I AM A NATIVE CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THEY CAN HIRE ME WITH A CLEAR CONCIENSE!!

MEET US THERE!! IT'LL BE A FUN DAY.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    YOU GO,GIRL!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well this just in, sent a pre-job fair email to channel 8 (NBC, go figure!!). I stated from the EEOC site. Two statements in the Civil Rights Act of 1964: It is unlawful to discriminate against any employee or applicant becasue his/her race or color in regard to hiring, termination, promotion, compensation, or privelage of employment.

Further down, next pertinent statement:PRE-EMPLOYMENT INQUIRIES:Requesting pre-employment information that discloses or tends to disclose an applicants race strongly suggests that race will be used as a basis for hiring.

I think both apply, and I realize that groups like ACLU would like us to think this law only applies to minorities. I'm sure in the beginning that it was, however this was when there were still "white only" seating in restaurants and "white only" drinking fountains. Now we have come along way from that and we must all play on a level playing field. hiring and pre-employment screenings should never be racially motivated regardless of towards minorities or majorities.

I requested their companies policies on racially divisive activities such as this job fair. I did not bring up the issue of illegal aliens yet, as that bridge cannot be crossed until I have been there and seen the potential clientele that shows up, and start discussing the laws about hiring illegals and promotion of jobs to illegals. As far as I know right now only legal Latino citizens might show up. Although this still is wrong, the issue of who actually applies for these jobs is yet to be seen.

Once the ice has been broken by me showing my birth certificate, SSNO and ID, I plan to ask how they verify a potential employees legal status in this country, Latino, white, Asian, black or otherwise.

I do plan on handing out the fliers about hiring of illegals. This ought to be the clincher. Thats when "you know what will hit the fan" and I'll be called a racist, although they are the ones holding a racially motivated job fair.

Since this tends to be peoples only response it is what I expect, as they can never defend their incorrect position so they use the racist name calling tactics hoping to make us back down.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AmericanElizabeth
    If you have a type recorder bring it. that way if anything is said that is a they said you said you can whip the type out.

Banned
    http://gullyborg.typepad.com/weblog_archive/

These folks are in Eugene...Good luck today!