Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Tell Methodist Church what you think of Arellano's Sanct

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Here is a link to the Methodist Church. Feel free to leave them a message regarding the sanctuary they are providing the criminal illegal alien Elvira Arellano in Chicago.

http://archives.umc.org/interior.asp?mid=457
    Sent letter!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I am so disappointed that the church has chosen to shield an illegal person in Chicago. She has repetedly broken the law, STEALING a social security number. STEALING...knowingly, every day. While I feel for her plight, she must obey the laws of this land and I RESENT her using the house of God for political purposes. I know Jesus my savior envokes compassion but he also taught us to respect the laws of government. The house of God is not to be entered lightly. It is to be respected. You are allowing the House of God to be used as a prop. Will you house every illegal immigrant? What about marijuana farmers? They aren't hurting anyone..just trying to feed their family. What is the difference?

This is my letter to the link. thanks

Re: Tell Methodist Church what you think of Arellano's Sanct

Sent my email.
    Thanks.

I am writing this to express my views regarding the illegal immigrant who has sought sanctuary in one of your churches. The UMC should not allow itself to become involved in issues such as this one. This individual is breaking the laws of our land which are increasingly being disregarded by certain people within our U.S. Government and by the countless onslaught of illegal immigrants themselves.
    There are countless tax-paying American citizens who are also struggling to feed their families and who are now expected to bear the burden of housing and feeding illegals and their children who are born in this country as so-called instant citizens at the rate of almost 400,000 per year, which is within itself a gross abuse of our 14th Amendment.
    Sorry, but this lady needs to be protesting in Mexico to end the corruption in her own country.
    The illegal immigration problem has become out of control.
    I share the opinions of millions of AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS who have had enough of this invasion and disrespect for the sovereignty of America and its laws.

All of us should say that his woman after being deported the first time reenter the country and made the "anchor baby" This baby was intentionally conceive for her to use him.

Also we should ask them where is the child's father? And make sure that woman is from Mexico, she could be lying, most Mexicans believe she is from Guatemala or Salvador.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

d

What is that famous quote: I knew President Kennedy, and you sir, are no President Kennedy..." Something to that effect. To compare yourself to someone like Rosa Parks -it's turning off so many Americans This is an amazing article. Enjoy.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mitchell ... tch22.html

Mary Mitchell
    Immigrant activist holed up in church is no Rosa Parks

August 22, 2006

BY MARY MITCHELL SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Elvira Arellano is definitely no Rosa Parks.

I even doubt that Arellano has any idea who Parks really was.

Because if she did, she wouldn't have hid inside the Adalberto United Methodist Church instead of reporting to immigration authorities for deportation. But with her son in tow, Arellano and her supporters could have marched into the immigration office and showed America exactly what the present immigration laws really mean:

That a single mother can be separated from her child; that husbands can be snatched from their wives; that working-class families can be torn apart simply because America has waited far too long to craft a fair and reasonable immigration policy.

Maybe then more of us would respect her stance.

But a week ago, Arellano, who is being described as an immigration activist, fled to the West Side church seeking sanctuary. The church is pastored by longtime social activist Rev. Walter "Slim" Coleman. She has vowed to stay put, and Coleman has promised to let her stay put.

"I'm strong, I've learned from Rosa Parks -- I'm not going to the back of the bus. The law is wrong," Arellano told reporters last week.

Despite the rhetoric, the 31-year-old Arellano doesn't seem to know much about black Americans' struggle for civil rights.

Didn't break the law

Parks didn't refuse to go to the back of the bus. She refused to give up her seat to a white man who couldn't find a seat in the so-called "white section." As onerous as the Jim Crow laws were, Parks didn't break them. That's why she could calmly go to the police station and sit in jail until her husband came to bail her out.

Because Parks wasn't a lawbreaker, the local NAACP decided to use her as a test case to challenge the Jim Crow laws. Her righteous cause drew widespread support and launched the civil rights movement in earnest.

Arellano obviously doesn't know anything about this important piece of history. If she did, she would care more about the circumstances of all illegal immigrants and not just her own.

As they say in the streets, Arellano is pimping the system. She is using Rosa Parks' name to buy herself more time, and that disgusts me.

Arellano is not a victim of an unjust system. She crossed into the U.S. from Mexico in 1997, obtained a fake ID and was caught at the border and returned home. Three days later, she sneaked back into the country and made her way to Washington state, where she managed to get a driver's license. She met her son's father and gave birth to her son in 1998. Two years later, Arellano moved to Chicago and again managed to get a fake ID -- a Social Security card -- and landed a job as a cleaning lady at O'Hare Airport. Three years after that, she was caught and pleaded guilty to working under a false Social Security number.

Her chutzpah makes her a folk hero to some, but her blatant exploitation of Parks' legacy undermines the fragile coalition between some blacks and Hispanics that has formed around the immigration issue.

Some of us -- particularly those who came to the urban areas during the Great Migration -- admire the courage it takes for someone to leave everything behind to strike out in search of a better life. But none should forget that blacks paid their dues.

Our ancestors didn't come here looking for work. They were dragged here against their will to work someone else's fields. They were the unpaid cotton, berry and peach pickers. They were the unpaid gardeners, construction laborers, nannies and domestics. If they stole an identity, it was to escape the cruel lash of the slavemaster. Their children weren't born American citizens, they were born chattel.

But instead of thanking blacks for paving the way, other groups have walked across black backs without so much as a "thank you for your sacrifices."

The benefits that so many other groups -- women included -- now enjoy were purchased with black blood, sweat and tears.

As for Arellano, she's extremely fortunate. Black people were lynched in the past for defying any ol' white man, let alone one with authority.

Still, I understand why she garnered empathy from U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez and U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin. America's immigration system is such a mess, both men stepped in in 2003 and secured a one-year extension from deportation on Arellano's behalf. They secured another one-year extension in 2004 and again in 2005.

During that grace period, Arellano should have returned to Mexico and gone to the back of the line. But she chose instead to butt those who play by the rules.

Obviously fearing a publicity nightmare, immigration authorities say they will not storm the church to deport Arellano. Instead, they will wait her out. Although a wise decision, it nonetheless sends a dangerous message.

Hopefully, while Arellano is languishing she will brush up on black history.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't know if this is valid or not -it is on the Illinois Minutemen site.

http://www.illinoisminutemanproject.com/

08/21/06 - Insight on Elvira Arallano
    (received from a reader)

I stumbled on a story that descibed the plight of Elvira Arellano, the extensively, fraudulently documented illegal alien.

It follows her as she makes the attempts to enter the U.S.

It describes how she started her serial criminal career by committed fraud by giving the wrong name when she was first caught.

It describes how her friend/cousin 'Lupita' got her a job as a babysitter to a Mexican family in Wapato, Washington.

It describes the classic illegal alien love story between her and Benjamin(story documents they were together for at least 5 months) - boy meets girl at a laundromat, boy knocks up girl, girl tell boy she's pregnant, boy & girl no longer see each other when she tells him she's pregnant, she has the kid and leaves the state to go to Illinois with her friend/cousin Lupita...

What this, and no other story tells is why Elvira has the authority to deprive Benjamin of his parental rights. It doesn't tell that she left without telling Benjamin where she went with his son. It also doesn't tell what fraudulent information she used on welfare and other benefit applications regarding Benjamin, little Saul's dad.

The story shouldn't be about one illegal alien serial felon and the church she is exploiting to dictate U.S. law and violate the 1st clause of the 1st Amendment, but rather the rights of a dad to be able to be a part of his son's life. It should be of a kidnapper stealing a child and the father who was left devastated.

It should also be a story of how this opens the door for Warren Jeffs to run to the nearest Mormon temple and declare his 'church' as equal to the Adalberto UMC and should be allowed sanctuary for his crimes. It also sets the precedent for any Islamist terrorist to duck into any local mosque and make the same claims, especially if they all say what Elvira says, "God has brought me to this place..."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.cMethodist Church Hijacked by Illegal Immigrant
    Contact: Jason T. Christy, The Church Report, 866-897-9446, info@thechurchreport.com

SCOTTSDALE, Az., Aug. 22 /Christian Newswire/ -- Jason T. Christy, CEO of Christy Media, publishers of The Church Report, the CR Daily and the CR Online says a Methodist church in Chicago is “breaking the law and being held hostage by an illegal immigrant”. Christy, an outspoken Christian conservative leader, vocal on immigration issues says that immigration activists “making comparisons between the illegal immigrant and Rosa Parks are distasteful.” He went on to say that, “Miss Arellano did not take a seat in the back of the bus, rather, she has hijacked the bus for her own purposes.”

Christy concluded his remarks by stating “the Methodist church needs to get involved in this issue as the pastor has lost his objectivity and thus has created a wider gap in creating a meaningful discussion on immigration reform.”

About Jason T. Christy:

With over 15 years in Christian conservative publishing and commenting, Jason T. Christy is the founding publisher and editor in chief of The Church Report. Sought after for his knowledge of the Christian community, Christy often consults with other media outlets. Some of his media credits include: CNN, MSNBC, ABC News, CBS News, LA Times, NY Times, Chicago Sun Times, The Dallas Morning News and more.

For more information about Jason T. Christy and The Church Report, please visit www.thechurchreport.com or call 866-897-9446.

hristiannewswire.com/news/28361799.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12