Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Tennessee town welcomed Tyson Foods plant after residents of Kansas town revolted

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Get all these people out of here and back to their home countries. Tyson is from Arkansas, they know better than this. Stop buying their chicken and they'll get the message. We don't want our water or our work force polluted. GET IT TYSONS?? Now fire the idiots working for your company who engineered hiring foreign workers in these plants instead of Americans and thought polluting our streams and rivers was okey dokey, because none of it is. You abide our Clean Water Act with diligence and when you screw up you fix it immediately and fully and you stop hiring foreign workers to process your "meat".
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Tyson Plant Reinstates Labor Day

Tyson Plant Reinstates Labor Day

By Steven Greenhouse
    August. 8, 2008

Facing criticism for negotiating a contract that substituted a Muslim holiday for Labor Day as one of the plant’s eight paid holidays, Tyson Foods and the union at its poultry plant in Shelbyville, Tenn., said Friday that they had agreed to reinstate Labor Day as a paid holiday.

In a contract reached in November, the union, the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union, persuaded Tyson Foods to agree to let the Muslim holiday, Id al-Fitr, replace Labor Day as a paid holiday because many Somali workers at the plant wanted that day off. Of the plant’s 1,000 unionized workers, at least 250 are Somali.

After a Shelbyville newspaper wrote about that contract provision last week, many anti-immigrant groups and conservative bloggers called for a boycott of Tyson, saying the contract betrayed an important American holiday and was an improper concession to Islam.

In a news release on Friday, Tyson said it had asked the union to revise the plant’s contract and restore Labor Day as a paid holiday because some Shelbyville employees had expressed concern about the contract’s provisions.

The revised contract again makes Labor Day a paid holiday but also keeps Id al-Fitr (pronounced eed-al-FIT-tr) — which marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting — as a paid holiday for those who want it. The Muslim holiday will replace a paid personal day. Under the revised agreement, employees who do not want Id al-Fitr off can continue to take a paid personal day of their choice.

“The union is pleased that the will of the workers in Shelbyville to observe and celebrate Id al-Fitr will be guaranteed as a paid holiday,” said Stuart Appelbaum, the union’s president.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/09/us/09labor.html

Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-08-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

TERMINATE TPS PROGRAM ONCE AND FOR ALL

THEY NEVER WANT TO LEAVE...HAVE RUINED IT FOR OTHERS...NOW SH*T CAN IT!

NOT ONE MORE EXTENSION!

SET A QUOTA OF 5,000 PER WEEK ARE DEPORTED ON A TRAIN, BUS OR BARGE
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Tyson Foods changing America one town at a time; up next Humboldt, TN

Posted by Ann Corcoran on December 1, 2017

This time with the help of Tennessee Governor Haslam and Senator (Little Bob) Corker.

Tennessee Republican Governor Haslam gives big wet kiss to Tyson Foods!

As you know BIG MEAT and BIG CHICKEN are major drivers of the US Refugee Admissions Program and here we learn that Tyson Foods new plant in Humboldt, TN will employ 1,500 workers.

But get this: the pols admit that unemployment is really low, so where might those workers, who will do mostly dirty jobs, come from?

You guessed it! Immigrant and refugee labor will soon be streaming into a town of less than 9,000 people!
    And before I get to this really bad news for the citizens of Humboldt, this gives me another opportunity to show you the direct connection between giant global corporations like Tyson Foods (JBS Swift and Chobani too) and the federally funded refugee ‘religious’ contractors placing refugees secretly in to American towns. See Lutherans sign deal with Tyson Foods!

Now to Tyson Foods’ new deal in Tennessee…..

From the Commercial Appeal (hat tip: Joanne):

Tyson Foods will build a new chicken production complex in Humboldt — 75 miles northeast of Memphis — that will employ 1,500 people, company and government officials announced Monday. [Memphis is the closest refugee placement office to Humboldt, but the feds and Catholic Charities could expand to Humboldt as has happened in other states to accommodate meatpackers.—ed]

The $300 million project is to start operations in late 2019 to meet what Tyson described in a release as “strong consumer demand for its chicken.”

It is historic alright. The town will be changed demographically forever!

The new plant in Humboldt will make pre-packaged trays of chicken for retail grocery stores nationwide and is expected to process 1.25 million birds per week, according to the company.

“This is an historic day for Humboldt, Gibson County and West Tennessee,” Humboldt Mayor Marvin Sikes said in a prepared statement. “I want to thank Tyson Foods for their commitment to our community and region. The significant job creation and capital investment that will result from this project will have a positive impact on our community that will last for many years, and I could not be more excited about the future of Humboldt and Gibson County.”
    [….]

Plant will employ 1,500 people

Tyson Foods picked West Tennessee over potential sites in other states.

Gov. Bill Haslam said in a prepared statement, “The new facility will be Tyson’s fifth location in Tennessee and it means a great deal that a company of this magnitude will continue to grow its footprint in our state. I appreciate Tyson for its continued commitment to Tennessee and for helping us become one step closer to our goal of making Tennessee the No. 1 location in the Southeast for high quality jobs.”

Then here at The News and Observer we learn….

That is “Little Bob” Senator Corker. I had to laugh though in this story they have him identified as a lowly Congressman. Imagine if Trump had picked him to head the State Department—can you say fox in the chicken house! http://www.wenkwtpr.com/2017/11/21/t...-jobs-in-area/

Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and U.S. Sen. Bob Corker attended the news conference and praised Tyson for choosing Humboldt, a rural city of about 8,200 people located about 85 miles (135 kilometers) northeast of Memphis. Tennessee competed with other states for the project. Doug Ramsey, group president of poultry for Tyson, would not discuss which other states were in the mix.

[….]

Haslam said that while unemployment in Tennessee is low — at 3 percent as of September — “it’s no news that some of our rural counties have struggled.” He called the plant a “big deal” for the state.

So, if the unemployment rate stands at 3%, where are the workers going to come from? It might be a financial big deal for bigwigs and assorted hangers-on, but not for the citizens of Humboldt!

Tyson currently operates four facilities in the state, employing about 5,000 people. The company says it paid Tennessee farmers more than $61 million in the 2016 fiscal year.

The announcement marks the second major economic development project Tyson has begun this year in Tennessee. In August, the company announced an $84 million expansion of operations in Union City. That project is expected to create about 300 jobs.

The company’s portfolio of products includes Tyson chicken, Jimmy Dean, Hillshire Farm and Ball Park.

I think we all need to start making a list of the products companies that employee foreign workers (whose salaries we supplemented with our tax dollars) are producing and become more discerning shoppers.

See my ever expanding file on Tyson Foods, here. Don’t miss posts on Shelbyville, TN where Tyson Foods initially succumbed to pressure to dump the Labor Day holiday in exchange for a Muslim holiday for its workers.
    And, definitely don’t miss: BIG MEAT squawks when Trump lowered refugee ceiling, here. Or tiny Nebraska town defeats BIG CHICKEN, here.

Wonder why the Heritage Foundation completely missed the boat and never looked at the impact of global corporations and refugee labor on American towns in their supposed “roadmap for reform” plans for the UN/US Refugee Admissions Program?

Could it be because powerful Republicans are pushing for migrant labor for their big business donors?

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wor...t-humboldt-tn/

Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-08-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Related:

MUSLIMS TAKING OVER A SMALL TOWN IN TENNESSEE In Obama’s Plan For A “New America” [video]

https://www.alipac.us/f12/muslims-ta...-%5Bvi-338946/

SHUT TYSON DOWN

GET IT ON TWITTER, FB AND ALL OVER THE INTERNET

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM TYSON!!!

THEY HAD BETTER RE-THINK THEIR NWO GLOBAL PLAN TO DUMP THE ENTIRE 3RD WORLD TRASH INTO OUR CITIES AND STATES!

AND THEN THEY FORCE U.S. TAXPAYERS TO FOOT THE BILL FOR THEIR FREE HEALTHCARE, DISEASES, FREE SCHOOL, FREE SCHOOL LUNCHES, FOOD STAMPS, WELFARE AND THEIR 10 ANCHOR RATS!

NOT TO MENTION THE SEXUAL PREDATORS, MURDER, DRUGS, CRIME, RAPE, GRAFITTI, GANGS, VIOLENCE AND DESTRUCTION OF NEIGHBORHOODS...TRASHING THEM AND LOWERING PROPERTY VALUES!

THEY ARE DELIBERATLEY TURNING OUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY INTO A 3RD WORLD CESSPOOL!
    Last edited by Beezer; 01-08-2018 at 04:59 PM.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Tyson Foods Shelbyville, TN: all sorts of goodies to get and keep immigrant labor

Posted by Ann Corcoran on March 1, 2012

This is the first in what will be many posts in my new category‘ Legal immigration and jobs.’ In fact, it’s this piece of information, now mysteriously missing from the US State Department’s website, that inspired this new category.

Clinton brings cheap refugee labor to Iowa

I’ve reported on this many many times on these pages. I think the first time was when I wrote about the Clinton Administration acting as employment head hunter and dropping off thousands of Bosnian refugees in Iowa for the big meatpacker—IBP, here. (Tyson Foods bought IBP in 2005). That was such an eye-opener! The Clinton Administration was solving an employment problem for big beef by bringing 6000 Bosnian “refugees” to Iowa in 1995. And, Clinton, I am guessing, got a few benefits for his campaign war chest. S**** Iowa and American workers! Remember Hillary had that little lucrative connection to Tyson Foods too.

BTW, a former employee of Tysons told me that at one time these meatpackers paid very good wages and Americans were eager to do the work.

Cheap labor to Shelbyville, TN

Now jump forward in time to Shelbyville, TN last month. I reported that acting Assistant Secretary of State for Population, Refugees and Migration, David Robinson, presided over a mission to Tennessee to ascertain just how things are going in the only state in the nation to pass a law to try to get the refugee flow under control. (Although readers should know that Wyoming doesn’t participate in the refugee program for some unexplained reason). Please read previous posts here on the visit to Tennessee.

After returning to Washington, Robinson penned a glowing piece about how great the refugee program is (wow! three million since 1975!) that was published at the Huffington Post. But, keep in mind that Robinson is also the author of this ten-year-old report on how the program has been misused (to the detriment of the taxpayers and to the so-called refugees themselves!).

Here then is what Robinson said about Tyson Foods in an e-mail whichoriginally was linked here at the State Department website (if you click on the link it is gone now):

In Tennessee, I heard firsthand the commitment of businesses to making
    refugee resettlement successful. Tyson Foods support to refugees is
    remarkable: $100,000 per year for on-site ESL, $3,500 per year for
    college costs, 100% reimbursement for naturalization applications,
    full-time interpreters on site, financial assistance, on-site banking,
    and tax preparation services, all of which demonstrate why the company
    had only a 12.5% turnover last year and has proven to be such a strong
    example of leadership in integrating refugees, not just into their new
    community, but into the wider U.S. economy.

WTF! So, let’s see, the town of Shelbyville has been roiled by controversy for years over the arrival of demanding, culturally challenging Somali refugees obviously lured by Tyson Foods with all sorts of special deals for them. And, I am still working on finding out exactly what the tax benefits are to Tyson Foods for hiring LEGAL IMMIGRANTS (instead of Americans) in the first place.

Click here to see what we get so Tyson Foods can have cheap labor. I wonder does David Robinson sleep at night? Never mind Robinson, how do you resettlement industry “church” people, in bed with big business and selling out small town America, sleep?

And, to top it all off, anyone who questions these arrangements, any taxpayer who doesn’t want to subsidize this deal, is promptly labeled a racist, xenophobic hater! What a racket they have!

More Tyson News:

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wor...?s=Tyson+Foods
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-08-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Perdue and Sanderson Farms are very nice alternatives to Tyson's. I think Perdue is diligent in their environmental and labor activities and so is Sanderson to my knowledge. Sanderson has been rejected by some towns because of fear of environmental issues, but to my knowledge, no actual problems, just the fear of it possibly happening and different sites have different vulnerabilities.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Epic trial taking shape in Tennessee for 23 Somalis charged in sex trafficking case

Posted by Ann Corcoran on February 28, 2012

By all accounts it could be the largest trial in Tennessee history. And, what has everyone surprised is that none of those who will stand trial in Nashville next month have cracked and asked for a plea bargain.

We first reported this story here in November 2010 and more recently here.

From The Tennessean:

Nearly two dozen defendants accused of participating in an interstate sex trafficking ring are scheduled to go before a federal jury next month in what is shaping up to be one of the biggest — and most unusual — trials in Middle Tennessee history.
    In an era when limited resources and risk aversion have resulted in a dramatic rise in the number of cases that end in plea agreements rather than jury trials, not even one of the 30 defendants in the case has agreed to plead guilty, setting the stage for a massive trial in downtown Nashville that is raising a variety of issues both legal and logistical.

Twenty-nine people, mostly Somalis from the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, were charged in November 2010 with running a prostitution ring that sold Somali girls as young as 12 years of age in cities including Nashville. A 30th defendant was indicted in May 2011. In addition to sex trafficking and conspiracy, the defendants also are accused of alleged crimes such as credit card fraud and burglary.

Somalis don’t rat on each other so many believe that is what is keeping any of them from cracking. Actually I’ve followed lots of Somali crime stories in different locations throughout the US and Canada and it is this African cultural practice that has made it so difficult for law enforcement to solve crimes involving Somalis. Remember they didn’t grow up with the same prohibitions about lying that those of us who had a Judeo-Christian upbringing have been taught. Frankly, they lie.
    Observers are chalking up the lack of plea agreements in the case to a number of factors.
    [….]

“The Somalis have a cultural thing about testifying against each other,” said former U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee Ed Yarbrough, who agreed that the trial is on course to be the largest, in terms of the number of defendants, in Nashville history. “I think it’s cultural. That’s what I’ve been told.”

Read the whole story, but this last paragraph shows us again that even while on trial they are whittling away at our judicial system.

The trial, expected to last months, will require modifications of Haynes’ courtroom to ensure there is enough space for the defendants and attorneys. The judge also has granted the defendants’ request to take breaks consistent with Muslim prayer times.
    Yes, indeed! I expect they will put on quite a show in the good judge’s courtroom.

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wor...fficking-case/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-08-2018 at 05:06 PM.

See that Tysons? You want THAT in your quarterly reports???!!! TYSONS SEX TRAFFICKING DISCLOSURE??!!

You stupid fools.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast