Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TEXAS BILLS BEING RAILROADED

e-mail this am from Cathy Adams, Texas Eagle Forum. Contains e-mail from Leo Berman, Texas House of Representatives.

Friends,
    State Rep. Leo Berman is awaiting the scheduling of his bills in the committees mentioned in his letter below. Please ask the chairmen of these committees to schedule hearings SOON.

Rep. Dan Branch: dan.branch@house.state.tx.us / 512-463-0367
    Rep. Rene Oliveira: rene.oliveira@house.state.tx.us / 512-463-0640
    Rep. Burt Solomons: burt.solomons@house.state.tx.us / 512-463-0478

Thank you,
    Cathie Adams

To All the Patriots and True Texans:

I want to give you some idea about the progress of legislation to deal with illegal aliens this session. Unfortunately, it doesn't look good. I'll give you some examples:

Bills in the Higher Education Committee: Chaired by Republican Dan Branch of Dallas, however, it is a 5-4 Democrat to Republican Committee. We can't pass legislation out and attempted to have bills moved to State Affairs Committee. Bills in jeopardy are Repeal of In-state tuition and No one in US illegally can attend Texas Colleges or Universities.

Bill in Ways and Means: 8% surcharge on money wired to Mexico, Central and South America. Chairman is Rep. Rene Oliveira- Wants few bills out of Committee, will prevent any bill to deal with Illegal Aliens from a public hearing.

Bills In State Affairs Committee: Chairman , Republican Burt Solomons seems to be indifferent about hearing bills dealing with Illegal Aliens. I have 9 bills in State Affairs myself. There are at least another dozen by other members. When I asked Rep. Solomons about hearing the bills, he answered that when he does hear them, he will just pick 2 or 3 to be heard.

It doesn't look very promising to get bills out of committees. Our best chance would have been a strong advocate as State Affairs Chairman.

I apologize for the disappointing news but I wanted to get this to you as soon as possible.

Leo Berman

This is why the Democrats don't want the bills passed or our opinions even heard -- not because they're concerned some little old lady won't get to vote.

http://dancingwithart.blogspot.com/2009 ... egals.html
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

I would focus on eliminating in state tuition
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i just got off the phone with solomans office, the girl there said Berman has only introduced ONE bill to be discussed about nd that he wanted all immigration bills to be heard on OEN DAY so that people who would travel into austin wouldnt have to do this on different days