Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas - Is it on High Security Alert or Not?

Activists and Net Researchers,

I was just on the phone with William and he suggested that I post this.

We have been looking into a report about Texas being on an elevated security alert, this week. Level 1 or Phase 1 that involved the National Guard. I believe the reports started coming in on last Thursday.

We have not received conformation from a credible source and we need your help.

Some information has been collected here about the situation.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-146781-texas.html

This morning a blogger reports the delay has been in DC. I believe the Fox News episode they mention happened on Thrusday of this week and my not have been "this morning".
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-147211.html
    I do not mean to discredit bloggers, and they can break stories.

We need a good sound source so please post here, if you find one. This is a very important, if it is actually occuring but we need to know the truth.

Thanks,

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

According to the Texas Homeland Security, the risk is "elevated."Not sure what the risk was before last week, and of course, no explanation is given for this elevated risk or the nature of the threat. In any event, here is the link:

http://www.texashomelandsecurity.org/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ThermionicEmissions

misc rantings on life, guitars, linux, gov’t idiocy, tubes, and stupid people

Texas State Senator Dan Patrick is sounding the alarm.

Apparently things are getting bad on the Texas/Mexico border:

100’s of PRO-DRUG CARTEL Mexicans were blocking the entrance to the United States, yesterday and today, banging cars, shouting and holding signs. 10 people were killed Wed. and 12 more yesterday at the border (5 of which were children!!!)

Mexico is breaking out in Civil War in the western part of the border and they expect it to spread the entire border with no end in sight.
    The National Guard will be activated as the scenario worsens and is on Alert now and will remain so until (and IF) Washington does something to end the danger on the border

Patrick has been in touch with DC and as yet, they have not responded.

Isn’t it coincidental that Obama just sent more of our citizens off to possibly die in Afghanistan? We have untold amounts of troops in Iraq and all over the globe. Yet our own borders are undefended.

Think about it for a minute… all we hear about is terrorism. We have to take off our shoes in airports and be scanned in case we are carrying nail cutters or, heaven forbid, baby lotion. Bank accounts are monitored, as are phone calls, email, and faxes of ordinary Americans. Yet our borders are porous. You can watch the YouTube videos of Mexicans (and others) pouring into the country, unmolested.

The people in DC, as well as the people who run things, may be evil but they’re not stupid. There is almost zero security between Mexico and the US for a reason. This story is not in the `mainstream media’ for a reason. People are allowed to walk into the US for a reason. Illegal immigrants are allowed to stay, escape prosecution or deportation, and are being granted the rights of American citizens for a reason.

http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat/2 ... igh-alert/

Texas crafts plan for Mexico collapse

El Paso Times - Feb. 8, 2009

Dan Patrick, R-Sugarland, asked McCraw at the meeting whether Texas had a plan to cope with such a situation. "We have a preliminary plan," McCraw said. "There needs to be one in place." McCraw, a Perry appointee, …

http://www.danpatrick.org/PDF/News/EPT-2009-02-08.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    According to the Texas Homeland Security, the risk is "elevated."Not sure what the risk was before last week, and of course, no explanation is given for this elevated risk or the nature of the threat. In any event, here is the link:

http://www.texashomelandsecurity.org/
    I noticed that DHS is also elevated to level Yellow so I don't know if that is a State or Fed level. Not real clear on the TX website.
    http://www.dhs.gov/xinfoshare/programs/ ... _0046.shtm

Dixie

What Happens to the U.S. if Mexico Collapses?

This is a rush transcript from "Glenn Beck," February 16, 2009. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.

GLENN BECK, HOST: OK. There is California. Let's try this one. Mexico is the 12th largest economy and second largest trading partner with the U.S. And I don't know if you have noticed this. Grab a fire extinguisher. It's on fire. Close to 6,000 people were killed by rival drug gangs which is twice as many as in 2007. Texas is terrified that the violence is going to spill over the border.

In a minute, I will explain how the whole world is going to change if Mexico collapses. The number one place for kidnappings is Mexico City. Who do you think number two is for kidnapping? You know, I was thinking Bogota, Columbia. Maybe some place in Somalia.

Well, close. It is Phoenix, Arizona where there were almost 400 reported kidnappings last year and many more went unreported.

Excuse me? John McCain was on the campaign trail for how many months, and we never heard about this and it's happening in his backyard? No one is talking about it, because it's not in anybody's best interest, you know, except yours and mine.

I think it's in your best interest to know all of the facts and what it means to you. Texas officials are now planning for the worst-case scenario of, what do you do if Mexico just collapses?

State Senator Dan Patrick is joining me now. Hey, Dan, how are you?

SEN. DAN PATRICK (R), TEXAS STATE SENATOR: Hi, Glenn. Thank you for your passion on everything. It comes through.

• Video: Watch Glenn's interview with Senator Dan Patrick

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,494984,00.html

Recent border violence tests spillover plan

February 21, 2009 - 11:15 PM
    Jeremy Roebuck

As protests and gunfire erupted last week across Reynosa, Hidalgo County authorities stood prepared at the international bridges, ready for any possibility.

With mobile command units connected to statewide intelligence centers and dozens of officers armed to confront potential threats, law enforcement officials responded to Tuesday's violence like they never have before.

The incident prompted state officials to enact for the first time a border-wide emergency plan developed to address threats from Mexico's ongoing war against its entrenched drug cartels.

Dubbed the "Operation Border Star Contingency Plan," Gov. Rick Perry's office drafted the policy with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies last year to prepare for the possibility of violence spilling over into the United States.

"The most significant threat Texas faces is spillover violence from Mexico's drug cartels," Perry's homeland security director, Steve McCraw, told state senators at a hearing Wednesday. "You can never be too prepared."

CONTINGENCY PLAN

Last year, more than 5,700 Mexican citizens died as a result of drug-related violence, according to estimates by the country's attorney general's office. Some 260 more have been killed in cities such as Ciudad Juarez just in the first two months of this year.

And as Mexican President Felipe Calderon continues his administration's three-year crackdown on the nation's crime syndicates, those numbers are only expected to rise.

Texas has yet to see widespread outbreaks of open drug violence on this side of the border, but its status as a primary smuggling corridor makes it vulnerable to potential attacks, state officials said.

"These groups don't care about boundaries," McCraw said. "They don't care about how we organize ourselves."

The protests Tuesday at border crossings in cities such as Reynosa, Nuevo Laredo and Ciudad Juarez drew thousands of demonstrators but remained relatively calm. A separate Mexican army raid on a suspected Gulf Cartel safe house led to a shootout that killed at least six later that day.

The violence remained confined to the Mexican side of the border, but the incident provided a good test run for the lowest levels of the Border Star contingency plan, said Katherine Cesinger, a spokeswoman for the governor.

"We're doing what we can to fill in the gaps from a state level," she said.

Throughout the day, a central operations center in Austin sent constant intelligence updates to state, local and federal law enforcement agencies up and down the border. They kept in constant contact over a designated radio band as the situation developed.

That state of heightened alert makes up the lowest level of response outlined in the security plan. While individual response policies have been developed for five border regions across the state and Texas' coastal bend, officials remained tight-lipped regarding many of the specifics, citing security concerns.

But local law enforcement officials who helped develop the plans say they address several potential scenarios ranging from violence close to the Texas border to sustained attacks on U.S. citizens and law enforcement in Texas.

At each increasing threat level, different local, state and federal authorities will be called in to establish order, they said. In the direst situations, the governor could dispatch the Texas Army National Guard to help maintain the peace.

"There's no doubt that there's been a slight extension - not a spillover - of (drug) violence into Hidalgo County so far," Sheriff Lupe Treviño said. "But we have to be prepared for more serious situations."

THREAT OF COLLAPSE?

So far, the plan addresses law enforcement concerns only, state officials said. It does not provide for other possibilities such as effects on the local economy or increased levels of refugees and asylum seekers.

But those are all scenarios that should be considered, said Cameron County Judge Carlos Cascos, who also helms the governor's Border Security Council.

"You are already seeing the beginning stages of that now," he said. "Some of the wealthy and upper-middle-class Mexicans are buying second or third homes here because they are concerned about the state of their country."

The U.S. Department of Defense went even further late last year when it issued a report that listed Pakistan and Mexico as countries whose governments face a threat of rapid collapse.

Based in part on the report's recommendation, the then U.S. Homeland Security secretary, Michael Chertoff, ordered his agency to begin preparing its own border spillover contingency plan. But like its state equivalent, the details have been kept under wraps.

While state and local officials have called a full-scale government collapse unlikely, Cascos predicts the security situation along Texas' southern frontier will only continue to deteriorate.

"Until Mexico gets a handle on the activities going on over there," he said, "these problems are going to continue making their way to this side."

____

A blood-splattered, bullet-riddled Chevrolet SUV lies empty on the side of Boulevard Miguel Hidalgo in Reynosa on Tuesday afternoon

Jeremy Roebuck covers courts and general assignments for The Monitor. You can reach him at (956) 683-4437.

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/viol ... _plan.html

this is terrifying to me. i am utterly frightened.
    i have such a sick feeling in my stomach right now.......
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

!!! State Senator Dan Patrick… “TEXAS NATIONAL GUARD ON ALERTâ€

EXTREME VIOLENCE IN MEXICO THIS WEEK

http://mexicanal.com/video?loadvideo=13757

NOTE : very slow connection

You have to view it twice to get normal speed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast