Bill: SB 9
Legislative Session: 82(1) Council Document: 82S1 30 PAM-D Add to Bill List | Add to Alert List

Last Action: 06/02/2011 S Filed

Caption Version: Introduced
Caption Text: Relating to the enforcement of state and federal laws governing immigration by certain governmental entities and the administration of certain documentation of citizenship status and other lawful admittance by the Department of Public Safety.

Author: Williams | Birdwell | Carona | Deuell | Duncan | Eltife | Estes | Fraser | Harris | Hegar | Huffman | Jackson | Nelson | Nichols | Ogden | Patrick | Seliger | Shapiro | Wentworth

Subjects: Aliens (I0032)
City Government--General (I0060)
County Government--General (I0096)
Law Enforcement (I0510)
Vehicles & Traffic--Driver's Licenses (I0840)
IDENTIFICATION CARDS (S0074)
IMMIGRATION LAW (S0674)
PUBLIC SAFETY, DEPARTMENT OF (V0251)

Actions: (descending date order)
Description Comment Date Time Journal Page
S Filed 06/02/2011
S Received by the Secretary of the Senate 06/02/2011

From what I was told by my reps staff The sanctuary bill and the E Verify bill have been incorporated into this bill. Gov. Perry only yesterday added the sanctuary issue onto the agenda by signing a governor's proclamation. I can verify that the sanctuary issue has been added, and have a copy of the press release, but the E Verify I am not clear on. We are in special session and it is hard to track these bills. there was a dispute Between the House where the sanctuary bill originated as HB2734 and the Senate where this SB9 originated as a homeland security bill. E Verify was originally listed as HB12