Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GFC

Texas White Anglos Become Minority

Texas White Anglos Become Minority
    Thursday, August 11, 2005

EL PASO, Texas — Texas has become the fourth state to have a non-white majority population, the U.S. Census Bureau (search) said Thursday, a trend driven by a surging number of Hispanics moving to the state.

According to the population estimates based on the 2000 Census, about 50.2 percent of Texans are now minorities. In the 2000 Census, minorities made up about 47 percent of the population in the second-largest state.

Texas joins California, New Mexico and Hawaii as states with majority-minority populations — with Hispanics the largest group in every state but Hawaii, where it is Asian-Americans.

Five other states — Maryland, Mississippi, Georgia, New York and Arizona — aren't far behind, with about 40 percent minorities.

Public policy analysts said these states and the country as a whole need to bring minority education and professional achievement to the levels of whites. Otherwise, these areas risk becoming poorer and less competitive.

William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution (search) in Washington, D.C., said lawmakers need to start with immigration reform, while striving to bring minorities' education and salary levels in line with Anglos.

"Immigration is good for the United States ... it's important for us to keep our doors open, but we need to keep an eye on the people coming in," Frey said. "While initially it will be a state problem, eventually it will be a national issue, and education is the best way to deal with it."

Complications from the cultural shift aren't likely to be exclusive to states that already have majority-minority populations, Frey said.

Nevada, for instance, has seen a massive influx of minorities in the last 15 years, reducing the percentage of Anglos since the 1990s from nearly 80 percent to about 60 percent.

Such a rapid shift is likely to cause growing pains that include trying to balance the needs of a bigger and younger minority community with an aging Anglo community, Frey said.

"That's the kind of state that is going to have to deal with quick transition," Frey said.

Though some areas may never see this shift, the country as a whole is expected to continue the trend first noticed more than a decade ago.

The nation should be more than half minorities by 2050, said Steve Murdock, a demographer at the University of Texas at San Antonio (search).

If you look in the 1990s, in every one of the 50 states, non-Anglo Hispanic populations grew faster than Anglo populations," Murdock said. "It's a very pervasive pattern."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165395,00.html

Anglos...

I love when they use the politically correct, and linguistically inaccurate, term for white people.

I think I'm one-fifth, or one-sixth German; a great-grandfather who was named-of all things-"Cunningham." As well as a quarter English. But I guess I'm just an "Anglo" in the new Meso-American superstate.

BTW, I think we became the minority in my city in 1987.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I'm not a politically correct person so if I offend anyone, I apologize ahead of time. Although, I stand by my words.

We've not learned our lesson several times over.

First, we had a very large population of black slaves that were freed yet had no direction due to lack of education.

We then kept them in an underclass for generations. At the same time that we were wising up with that situation, welfare hit and hit hard.

Long/short is that now we have an undereducated mass of people who learned to rely on the "state" for their survival and neglected to strive towards self reliance.

Fast forward {I know I'm skipping here} to massive ILLEGAL immigration, again, an UNEDUCATED mass of people and, to boot, NOT SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE OF THE LAND. WOW........what do we have?

Yet another underclass of uneducated, NON ENGLISH SPEAKING mass of people and add to that, a culture that doesn't seem to want to learn how to live in what "we" call a normal manner. THEN ADD a culture of corruption & violence.

So, final story is.........we now have 2 massive groups of people who have not been educated or assimilated as an American. NOT an African American or an Hispanic American.

Just a plain old red blooded AMERICAN.

We must remove the Illegal Aliens before this country implodes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GFC
    I sure hope the Mexican people are happy when they become the ethnic majority of the United States. I guess it just cant happen fast enough.

2ndamendsis - I hate to say it but the amesty bill that passed the Senate yesterday 66 for and 33 against makes it through Congress, this country is finished.

I hope others pick up on the vote that was taken and passed, as my post "Guest Worker Amnesty Passes Senate: 66 - 33" will become buried.

There is a link in that post which has a list of all who said yay and all those who said nay.

All the letters and phone calls to the Senate appear to have NOT come even close to preventing the furtherance of the amnesty idea. Though I have a VERY reserved hope that Congress will knock it out of the water - there is a very good chance they could also pass it into law.

If so, the political means will be over and all we can do is retaliate in November - much too late to be meaningful however.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

CV
    HEY, what am I hearing in your voice?

Not acceptable!! I don't know about you, but I'm a fighter and I go the distance. Am I to understand that a WHIPPER SNAPPER like you can't keep up with a little gal like me?

The PRESSURE must stay on the Reps. The house must continue to get battered. I've said over and over........they're running in circles and we want them swinging from the chandeliers. They KNOW they're in deep doo doo. That's a fact.

SO.......get your tush up and focus on the mission

Should the House fall apart, they will regret it and they know it. Our best friends have been all the local and state primaries that are kicking the encumbants out. That's what's making the House open their eyes.

BTW: bump your thread up every so often to keep it close.
    Another thing you can do is edit the TITLE in a simple way so that the search function pulls it up quickly.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think I want to be called Anglo any more. That is so dated and it implies things and I'm feeling highly offended. Maybe I want to be called Mixed European or Americano. How about North American-European. That's it, that sounds majestic. From now on, I shall be called a North American-European. Get it, that is the PC name to call me

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I don't think I want to be called Anglo any more. That is so dated and it implies things and I'm feeling highly offended. Maybe I want to be called Mixed European or Americano. How about North American-European. That's it, that sounds majestic. From now on, I shall be called a North American-European. Get it, that is the PC name to call me

Dixie
    :P

I'll settle for "American-American."

I know it's redundant, but I like it.

The Anglo thing is absurd though.

My Irish ancestors probably would have burned down whatever hacienda the progenitors of these Mestizo ignoramuses were plowing if they referred to them as "Anglos."

Although I have to admit, "Perry" does have a very Anglo ring to it.

Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

LOL......would you like to know what my Italian ancestors would do?

ROTF

I am an American - no hypen.

I resent being called anything else -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast