Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    cnn's poll, positive for bush's speach. Who did they interview, hispanics?
    IF (and I do mean IF) he is telling the truth, it is a step in the right direction. He flat out said that he is opposed to amnesty. That alone will anger MANY of the pro-illegal commies.

Considering the source of this speech, I'd say it's not half as bad as it could be.

"The success of our country depends upon helping newcomers assimilate into our society, and embrace our common identity as Americans."

Uhhhh...... show me where the typical invader wants to become an American? Show me where the anything other than a possible minute minority wants to let go of their culture and EMBRACE our culture? I didn't see it in California and I didn't see it on the media coverage of the recent protests.

"Americans are bound together by our shared ideals, an appreciation of our history, respect for the flag we fly, and an ability to speak and write the English language."

There is AMPLE evidence on the Web for those who seek it, along with first-person accounts of those living among the invaders that the above Bush spewing is either propaganda or the ravings of an idiot with NO grasp of reality.

"English is also the key to unlocking the opportunity of America. English allows newcomers to go from picking crops to opening a grocery from cleaning offices to running offices from a life of low-paying jobs to a diploma, a career, and a home of their own. When immigrants assimilate and advance in our society, they realize their dreams, they renew our spirit and they add to the unity of America."

Bush's speech writer is an idiot. Suppose those millions of amnestied workers DID improve their lot in life? Who will be doing all those jobs Bush appears to be sneering at, turning his rich-boy elite nose up at? A new flood of invaders? The current underclass who is marginalized by the usurption of the supply/demand equation for labor that is economically enslaving America's working poor? Just WHO will do those jobs you obviously consider your own precious self to be unworthy of ever doing Bushy Boy?

You are possibly igniting a future class war, Bushy Boy.

Waiting on Bush's boys to devise a plan on how, when and where to train the local law enforcement offices of those border areas will take enough time to allow another 25 million to sneek across.
    I think the Guard is being sent to sabotage current enforcement efforts and keep sending intel to Mexico's government; read the 100 Million More Immigrants in Twenty Years article posted here if you haven't already

re: vomit smileys, you'd probably find one on www.smileys.ws, far as I know you're allowed to link directly from there
    The American Conservative

Bail out families, not usurers and speculators.

ArticleIV,

Yes he is a citizen. Years back, (I think Desert Storm) the government started giving citizenship to resident aliens if they served in the US armed forces. He may not have become a citizen due to a technicality in this case. I understand that they received citizenship, after the end of their service. Well, he is still enlisted, so he has not received his citizenship yet. I don't have a problem with that because they are willing to put their necks on the line and serve in the military. Also, I'm sure he knows English because officers in the military will not tolerate not being understood. That may be a condition of using that program.

Also, the military have very little room for hardship cases so he would have to had passed the AVAB test before enlisting. Therefore, he was no dummy to begin with.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12