Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TEXT of IMMIGRATION BILL (Clay Pigeon Amendment Package)

Clay Pigeon is Here- It's Searchable and Linkable... (read at your own risk, keep antacids handy)

http://truthlaidbear.com/immigrationbil ... php?page=1

Can we get this bill on the front page with links attached? We need everyone reading this. We can send this link to our friends on our e-mails lists and get them to go to Ali-pac to read it?
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

It's an unholy mess - this is the "clay pigeon" amendment package to the bill that was concocted by Harry Reid whereas all the amendments being offered are lumped into one big pile. This thing is 300 odd pages long...but the bloggers (such as Michelle Malkin and others) are on it. We should have a pretty good idea of what kind of crap we are in by tommorow morning.

Here's some quick points brought up by Ed Morrissey I've abstracted from Malkin's blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Morrissey
    POINT 1: Page 21, lines 12-16, apparently reinstated the 24-hour limit on probationary background checks. Remember when they promised to fix that so that no one would get a probationary card without passing the full background check? I guess they broke that promise.

POINT 2: Page 29, lines 12-end: The Z-visa has unlimited 4-year terms. I don’t think this is a change, but shouldn’t the immigrant at some point actually immigrate?

POINT 3: Page 33, lines 19-25: Z-visa non-immigrants over the age of 65 are not expected to maintain employment in order to remain eligible to be in the US. Again, why would they be here if they’re not working and not applying for a regular immigration status?

POINT 7: Page 69, line 20: The DREAM Act, providing scholarships for the children of illegal immigrants, still exists in the bill.

POINT 8: Page 89-90, lines 22-04: The 24-hour limit on background checks still holds within the Ag Workers section (the temporary guest worker program). If it takes longer than 24 hours, they get their credentials. (h/t: commenter Redherkey)

POINT 9: Page 92, lines 14-15: Do I read this correctly? The new limit on guest-worker visas is now 1,500,000 — not counting dependent Z-A visas? Wasn’t this originally 400,000 and reduced by half later?

POINT 10: Pages 169-170: The employer fines seem rather daunting. The first tier fine for employing an illegal will be $5,000 per occurence. If an employer has been fined in the past for employing an illegal alien, it escalates to $10,000, and on up to $75,000 per occurence. If the ICE decides to enforce the law on employers -- still a rather open point -- it could get very expensive. I wonder if that applies to corporations as a whole, or each location separately.

MW
    POINT 9: Page 92, lines 14-15: Do I read this correctly? The new limit on guest-worker visas is now 1,500,000 — not counting dependent Z-A visas? Wasn’t this originally 400,000 and reduced by half later?
    The guest worker program does not provide a visa for 1.5 million annually, but the AgJOBS program does.

The 1.5 million farm workers will be a future source of illegal immigrants, you can mark my word on that. In other words, a lot of them will leave the back breaking farming environment for greener pastuers (construction, flopping burgers, maid service, etc.).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Folks it all boils down to the people aginst these jerks that profit from illegal immigration. I know I cannot afford to hire someone to cut my lawn, clean my house, do my shopping. etc. Can you? So who is REALLY profiiting? Certainly not the hard working citizens (including LEGAL CITIZENS) of this Country!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

I don't know why they are worrying so much about the farmer. Bush has just about put them out of business. We are getting our vegtables and fruit of of Mexico. That is why we have all these terrible diseases on our food. Our grain is coming out of China. That grain is killing our dogs. Who the hell do they think they are kidding? Why don't we just put a few small prisons on every large farm and make the inmates take care of the crops? 80 percent of the prisoners are illegal's anyway. They will still be working on the farms. The farmers would be happy the illegals will run back across the border. They will run back so fast to Mexico there sombraro's would fly off.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by VaMinuteMan
    It's an unholy mess - this is the "clay pigeon" amendment package to the bill that was concocted by Harry Reid whereas all the amendments being offered are lumped into one big pile. This thing is 300 odd pages long...but the bloggers (such as Michelle Malkin and others) are on it. We should have a pretty good idea of what kind of crap we are in by tommorow morning.
    I guarantee you that the people here and elsewhere on the internet will know far more about this atrocity than will the Senators who vote to pass it, no matter what Senator Vacant Lott says.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

MW wrote:
    The 1.5 million farm workers will be a future source of illegal immigrants, you can mark my word on that.
    If it were only illegal immigrants, I could almost live with it. But of course, it's not. It's also anchor babies and all that implies.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    I don't know why they are worrying so much about the farmer. Bush has just about put them out of business. We are getting our vegtables and fruit of of Mexico. That is why we have all these terrible diseases on our food. Our grain is coming out of China. That grain is killing our dogs. Who the hell do they think they are kidding? Why don't we just put a few small prisons on every large farm and make the inmates take care of the crops? 80 percent of the prisoners are illegal's anyway. They will still be working on the farms. The farmers would be happy the illegals will run back across the border. They will run back so fast to Mexico there sombraro's would fly off.
    My BIL and cousins are farmers. What is happening to them is not good.
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast