Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There's no place like home.

Thanks Twisted for the hospitality!!!!!!!!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome, Standing_Tall,

As you can see, we activists just keep plugging away!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

April
    Good to be back! Thanks so much for letting us refugees stay at your house for awhile , Twisted Politics, while we were homeless!

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    Great! We're back....thanks to everyone, who was working so hard to do computer things!!!!

I'll bet that all of us non-computer ALIPACers were just continuing to do our calling, faxing, etc., anyway...

I know I was!!!!!!
    I had a premonition that something like this would happen during earlier crisis periods before the cloture votes. I suggested people get copies of the lists they need locally. I followed my own advice so I didn't skip a beat.

This was an odd situation. The datacenter our web server is at is in Virgina. They had a really bad hail storm, which damaged the building and the power coming into it.

They have generators that will run the whole place, but the building got damaged in a way that part of the generator power failed as well.

And, as some of you may know, simply turning the power off on a unix machine running a database server makes things go very bad. And that's exactly what happened.

The guys at the facility flew in people from all over the country to get the building fixed first, power fixed second, and then get all of the customer's machines back together. They did a great job considering how much work they had to do. Our machine was "fixed" (meaning I could access it again remotely) as of early this morning, and it took me about 4 or 5 hours to fix the corruption due to the power failure......and now we're back.

Could it have been prevented? Probably, but we try not to overspend on things. If we spent 3 or 4 times as much on hosting we could have the alipac site a a few different facilities around the country like many very large web sites, but we're not quite there yet. When we get big enough, we'll do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12