Thread: Thanks La Raza

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks La Raza

I am coming to believe that this illegal immigration imbroglio is more like a symptom than a larger sickness. The ineffective (Bush), unresponsive(Cheney), corrupt (Abramoff), outdated (Kennedy), "democratic" paradigm is our disease. I was a big McCain man for a long time, but he is lost to me forever after even suggesting the A word. But he is right about campaign finance and lobby reform, Nancy Pelosi is right too on that count. If we had an actual representative democracy responsive to voters rather than special interests we never would arrived at this frightening place as illegals are just fopllowing the money no differently or less mindlessly than our politicians.

I am finding a growing satisfaction that this particular issue has "come to a head", as I have had to truly confront my own aiding and abetting of the decline of American society. I have been consuming television as if it were the air I needed to breathe, I have been driving my Blazer 4x4 with irreverant pride, I had even become an occasional lush, I had come to seek quantity over quality in all aspects of my life. America isnt the only one that needs a wake up call...I realize that I do too. I refuse to have to apologize to my unborn children for not protecting and conserving. I can't just blame the illegals for the nations ills either. We, through our apathy and our crooks..I mean elected representatives, practically invited these indignant and irreverent aliens.

Long story short,... I haven't had any tobacco in 6 days COLD TURKEY after 13 years of dedicated patronage to Phillip Morris and RJR. I have also made a pact with myself not to do business and therefore endorse any company I wouldn't work for, which especially includes but is not limited to, those that employ or support the employment of illegal aliens. I don't/won't watch any television aside from news and PBS anymore, it is addictive. I spent most of my life without any tv at all (military school, living in Africa), but as soon as I signed up for cable in college, I was hooked. It was like a junkie's first fix. No more... Hollyweird can keep their crap. what have any of them done for me other than make me feel somehow jealous or shallow towards my fellow man. I have and am making other choices and hope that I am able to stay faithful to this, as even if it doesn't change this political state, at least I will be better for it.

Maybe if all Americans start seeing their roles in allowing these crooks to get away with this for so long, the collective realization will change the tide. Aside from the occasional unpleasant hunger for a cigarette I already feel better. So, thanks ANSWER, thanks La Raza, thanks McCain, alien boycotters, I am not a bystander to life anymore. I also don't feel as distant to my fellow Americans anymore. I see a wellspring of genuine human kindness, deep loyalty, and unbridled kinship being reinvigorated by these times. Maybe we actually owe these people a thank you for helping us find our unity again.
    <div>* It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising their sovereignty.* -- John Adams
    </div>

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I am glad to hear this, it is more than highly commendable.

We ourselves do not consume in these ways, but it is out of necessity, we just do not have the available income, however, one point, I do not believe in alcohol, so that would not have mattered.

America consumes more than it can afford. We (collectively) want it all, and although we are willing to work for it, we refuse to go without when it is proven unecessary in our lives. We feel entitled. We are really not.

The constitution gives us the freedon to pursue happiness, and really what is going to make you happy? It is not the big rig, the McMansion, or the walk-in closet full of clothes, or the granite countertops in the newly remodeled kitchen (can't, we do not own the place we are in).

If we all could start living in or even below our means, then there would no longer be the big industries that have brought this all on, the consuming and the need for cheap goods, at slave wages.

And also I hold the illegal aliens just as accountable. They too came here to have better, more of. A person can survivie in Mexico, there are jobs, it is just highly appealing to come here, as pay is better than there, although the standard of living (cost) is higher, and cannot compare to the undercut wages that the illegals are getting.

So it has become a vicious circle. Those of us wanting off, also trying to help others off too, so we can stop this and make it work better, and right.

Hopefully with each of us that looks toward changing our ways, as well as trying to help others understand, we can keep moving towards ending this problem.

Good luck with the cold turkey, but I hear that is the ONLY way to do it, as if you lose the taste as quickly as possible, you will not like it after that!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Zach,

Now I know you rock. I quit about 3 years ago, on April 3rd. Just keep telling yourself NO. Absolutly one of the best things I ever did. I have no regrets. Trust me, it only gets better, and quitting is liberating. Keep your mind and hands occupied and you will make it. I took Welburtin for a month, kinda made me nuts but I feel it helped.

You leaned more to the center and found your comfortzone. Bush and others have leaned so far Right that they have ended up half way on the Left, trapped by "family values", between Right Protestants and Left Catholics. You can't play both sides of the wall. Now you know what Humpty Dumpty was doing, before his great fall.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Maybe we actually owe these people a thank you for helping us find our unity again."

Zach I too have had the same thought and hope. (smile) It would be nice to see Americans kinder and more protective of each other regardless of their income level and education level. It would be nice to see everyone helping each other. Hell it would be nice to see an ol fashioned house raising too. Although i won't hold my breath on that one, it would sure be nice.

About 11 years ago, when i still owned a home, I took a beautiful home baked cake over to my new nieghbors who moved in. I was looked at like I was from another planet. That experience has never left me. It hurt to know the world had changed so much that a kind and welcoming act like that would get such a strange reaction. And it scared me of the times to come.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Jezzabell, it is sad, I have not had the luxury of having neighbors I can even have a conversation with, in English that is.

These days, people either are not trustworthy, or not trusting.

It is a shame that we have to live in these protective cocoons in order to be so cautious.

There is not enough words to convey how upsetting it is when we can get new neighbors, or become a new neighbor, and know that it is unlikely we will have much of a bond, like things used to be.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Dixie! That was a rant but felt great! I think you and everyone else on this forum rocks. You could have just forgotten about it and hoped that someone else would care enough to get involved in the issue and prevent the invasion but you are involved and "make us proud."

Now that Ive buttered you up,...Want to buy my 4x4? Im not going to send my money to these vermin in the form of a "stupid tax" levied through the gas pumps anymore. Playing the lottery makes more sense to me now. This is coming from the son of an oil man...who is currently in the Algerian Sahara and can't drill that liquid crack fast enough for us to burn. If you don't want to buy it from me ...do you happen to know how to convert it to grassoline or biodiesel? seriously, im tired of bellyaching about it all. I want to get rid of this behemoth so GMC can't send anymore jobs from Detroit south of the border. What do I care if they go bankrupt...they don't employ any americans anymore apparently anyway. and to think I refused to buy foreign, "no rice burners for me!" I said. I have only ever driven Chevy... redeem yourselves GM or you will lose my business forever! As though I was helping my fellow americans. how naive was I?

As for the tobacco issue, I would love to try one of the prescriptions, but I havent had health insurance since 2001, maybe longer. I havent seen the inside of a health facility since before 9/11. Maybe I should ask one of these illegals what its like to get free medical treatment...I wouldn't know. I would actually like to know where this life of privilege I supposedly enjoy as a caucasian american actually is. Shouldn't the government want to issue these meds to people who want them...will save them money in the long run if they work. I wont be a drain on the system dying slowly over 10 years with cancer or emphesyma or both. Anyhow I find fishing and ranting on the web about this to be my best therapy for quitting so far...Time will tell...
    <div>* It is only when the people become ignorant and corrupt, when they degenerate into a populace, that they are incapable of exercising their sovereignty.* -- John Adams
    </div>

Hey Zach, best of luck with the QUIT...and I loved your rant. A Wake Up Call It Is...for all of us...what have we learned? Lots. More than I ever wanted to know, but I suppose as you say we are better off for it.

This experience of watching our country, nation and people in a squeeze has changed me forever too. I'm so thankful for the new friends and great people I've met through ALIPAC. But I will never forgive the people who betrayed our nation and us in such a manner that made ALIPAC necessary and who have hurt our people in so many ways.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Zach, I quit almost 4 years ago after 30 years of smoking. I applaud your efforts. I didn't have the nerve to go cold turkey like you, so I used the gum. It really helped me. Just know that each day is better than the day before. Good luck.

Your comment on Americans becoming more unified is a wonderful notion. I hope that this crisis will make us more unified. When I was a kid we had neighbors and friends and we played outside all day. But nowadays you don't know who lives next door.

We are spoiled and used to getting what we want. Those of us who were born here don't know anything else by America. America is the greatest country; otherwise, people would not be flocking here as they do. Our consumption is what is fueling this fire. The illegals claim they consume more than we do. We say no, we consume more than you do. So in response to their boycott, we spent money.

This is just what big business and governments want. They have pitted us against the immigrants. They don't care if we kill each other in the town square, just as long as those left standing will consume their high priced goods produced for the lowest price.

This failed global experiment is the bigger picture that you refer to. Its only working for the rich and as long as it does, then they don't care how it drags the world population down.

I'm sure Bush is criticized for running a "Democracy" where stupid citizens have a voice. Bush needs no encouragement because he already feels that as Commander in Chief he should not have to ask anyone anything.

I posted an article the other day about the palace that Bush is building in Baghdad under the guise of an Embassy. State of the art everything. The citizens of Baghdad are complaining because they are not being hired to work on the Embassy job site. The contractracting company buses in the workers to the job site. I do so want to know if these workers are Mexicans, but we'll never know unless we show up in Baghdad.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get off on my rant. Good luck and great post.

personal responsibility

Great post, Zach1776, and the best to you and your quitting smoking. You know, the USA puts down countries for shipping us drugs (and we should), yet we're shipping tobacco around the world. Hmmmm!

re: personal responsibility. AMEN! I was brought up to believe that "want vs. need (big difference)", pay cash (no credit), save up for what you want, THEN buy it, stay debt free. Boy, has our society said differently. And then, to my shame, not understanding what's really going on politically. Although I fault the obfuscatory media...I also, fault myself.

I am so thankful for computers and sites like this. Y'all are teaching me so much, so quickly.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Yes, American consumption is appalling...certainly the rest of the world thinks so as well. While traveling foreign I got many wake up calls...just being a little country gal from Texas I went around with my eyes wide open. I got shocks on a daily basis.

Part of my background is Scots...so I'd already been taught good fundamental financial reasoning. I can tell you it was very difficult not to buy buy buy when so many Americans judged me instantly by the clothes I wore and the car I drove. I got over that...but it did take some maturity.(My current vehicle is 12 years old is in excellent condition and gets fab gas mileage...I'll keep it till the wheels won't roll anymore...LOL)

I've often thought, when the illegals say they're here to work...just want the American Dream....that they believe via watching Hollywood movies that Americans all live in spacious homes with upstairs downstairs, pools, hot tubs, fabulous clothes, nannies, gardeners, two cars for every family member, televisions in every room and guys sitting around consuming beer and watching sports or Jeff Foxworthy on TV....well...some might wish it were so...but I don't actually. What I wish for is more time with people I love and time to spend on friends...

I miss the old days when I was growing up and it was safe to walk around in our neighborhoods...drug dealers weren't on every corner...etc. I miss sitting on the porch in the evening and waving at neighbors as they walk past...maybe visit for a minute...that was good....satisfying...Now I feel a stranger everywhere, even in my neighborhood.

Yes,I agree, live 'down'...have what you need...stop 'consuming' for the sake of consuming...that will be a 'lift' for us all....

MJ