Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Phred, Most of the sites I found had the date 1907 but I found this from CNN Lou Dobbs and it co-insides with this other one down below, It is called "Soul Loyalty"!!

The following is one of my favorite thoughts on the issue of immigration. It's from President Theodore Roosevelt in a letter to the American Defense Society in 1919, 10 years after his presidency.
    --Lou Dobbs

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

--Theodore Roosevelt, 1919

I think what someone did was mistake the date on the picture (at the link below)for Roosevelts date of the writing and sent it out in an e-mail.. Lou's date co-insides with the date on the link below and the source for the letter. !!

Quote from Theodore Roosevelt about Immigration-Truth!

Summary of the eRumor
    A quote from Theodore Roosevelt expressing his views in immigrants. He said they should assimilate, become loyal Americans, and speak English.

The Truth:
    The quote is authentic but some of the wording is different than the original from Teddy Roosevelt. Also, it was not a quote from 1907 but was written in a letter by then former president Roosevelt on January 3, 1919 to the president of the American Defense Society. It was read publicly at a meeting on January 5, 1919. Roosevelt died the next day, on January 6, 1919

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/r/ ... ration.htm

The important thing is it was written by Teddy, and I couldn't agree with him more .
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thank you all for the research but this is a troll just messing around.

Doesn't really matter when President Roosevelt said it, he did say it.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Thank you all for the research but this is a troll just messing around.

Doesn't really matter when President Roosevelt said it, he did say it.
    The research was good practice! I googled it ! something William taught me!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Well whatever the date, don't get sidetracked: IT'S THE SUBSTANCE
    THAT COUNTS!

Thanks for posting it Sosad.

Call the Senate: NO Dream Act or AgJOBS Amnesty !
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12