Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You are absolutely right lady STClaire, I have brought that up before. I certainly don't see the African Americans going around speaking swahili, zulu or some other native African language because their forefathers conformed to our culture even when they were brought here against their will. The hispanics willingly come up in here against the will of the American people and then they want us to know their language. Not only that, they teach all of their decendants to resist American culture and stand out.

I literally saw a family of hispanics in walgreens one day where only the grandmother was native mexican and the rest anchors. She had her daughter and her million grand kids with her who were tearing the whole store up and hollering in Spanish. The employees were quite OBVIOUSLY disturbed about their behavior, but they didn't even care. Just goes to show you that they have such a hard grasp on things here in AZ that they will never conform or be American, no matter how many generations of anchors they have.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

I wonder why I never see any signs in bilingual English and a Native American language? That's the ONLY "for within America" bilingual signage that wouldn't offend me (because they were here first and many still feel toward us the way we feel toward the "reconquista" type of Hispanics). Other groups do it to be rude, the Natives do it just to preserve their own culture which exsists nowhere else but here, and that's why I could just "tune them out" when they are speaking a Native language-and there are less than 3 million of them collectively left in the U.S. so it wouldn't make a huge difference anyway. I feel bad for them because I realize now just what they went through....and what we could go through, if things don't change.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara
    You can join this site and keep up with what's going on.
    http://us-english.org/

When bills come up, contact your representatives and let them know how you feel. Heck, why waste time, contact them now.

I am in Rhode Island and nowhere near a border State and yet there are jobs that now require us to be bilingual and speak spanish, our stores and other places have spanish signs everywhere. These people have already changed our nation and are forcing us to conform. We need to fight for our language just as hard as we have been fighting against amnesty. This has got to stop!!!!
    WHY ONLY SPANISH I'M SURE THERE ARE ILLEGALS HERE FROM A LOT OF OTHER COUNTRIES BUT, FOR SOME REASON ITS THE HISPANICS THAT ARE BEING CATERED TO BY OUR GOVERNMENT.

Rhode Island Im in the south Bx . it bad on my side also yes the gov In on the illegal immigrant side all for the vote they sound like chicks
    yes figth for the Language as well for Amnesty we will win
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

there was a REASON the people spread all over the earth after the Tower of Babel happened...because it was UNCOMFORTABLE to be around people you couldn't understand.
    Good one, Sacredrage! And it is predominately hispanics in this country who speak Spanish even though many of them KNOW English. They do it purposely to be rude. It is predominately hispanic immigrants who have such a bad attitude toward American citizens. Not all, but far too many. The reconquista mentality is not a figment of the immigination. It is very real. I don't mind if people speak a different language so much as I mind how and with what intent they do so and when they make no effort to integrate into American ways. After all, it is America they wanted to come to. If they love the ways of their birth country so much, well by all means... GO HOME! I was born an American. I live in America. I should not have to conform to immigrants ways. I wouldn't go to another's country and expect and demand they conform to mine!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStClaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara
    You can join this site and keep up with what's going on.
    http://us-english.org/

When bills come up, contact your representatives and let them know how you feel. Heck, why waste time, contact them now.

I am in Rhode Island and nowhere near a border State and yet there are jobs that now require us to be bilingual and speak spanish, our stores and other places have spanish signs everywhere. These people have already changed our nation and are forcing us to conform. We need to fight for our language just as hard as we have been fighting against amnesty. This has got to stop!!!!
    WHY ONLY SPANISH I'M SURE THERE ARE ILLEGALS HERE FROM A LOT OF OTHER COUNTRIES BUT, FOR SOME REASON ITS THE HISPANICS THAT ARE BEING CATERED TO BY OUR GOVERNMENT.
    Why only spanish???? Because, though we have Asians and Africans and other cultures here, it is mostly the spanish speaking people that have immigrated here. No other culture has ever demanded that we speak their language. English is the one language that ties us all together. The Africans speak it, The Asians speak it, most Americans speak it. The spanish however, speak it when and if they choose to. Because they outnumber other immigrants we are now forced to e bilingual.

If I moved to another Country that did not speak English, I would never ever expect or demand that they speak it. There is such a thing as respect. It is also a requirement to speak English if you are to become a citizen.

Yes, forest,

The "reconquista" Hispanics are indeed using their language as a political weapon against the American people. They come because they are holding a grudge-because of some of our politicians and business people meddling in their home countries (though that number is not reflective of the majority of the American people), and they haven't forgiven the wresting away of what would become the SW U.S. States away from Mexico and Latin America-and the fact that Christopher Columbus once pledged the entire North American continent for both the Spanish Empire and the Roman Catholic Church. Though we have welcomed the Roman Catholic Church for a long time and most Spaniards I've met appear to have "dropped it" and hold no animosoity toward us these days, many Latin Americans still see the entire North American continent as their God-given right to conquer-though they, too were not the original culture, language, or ethnic group up here (only a very few Amerindian groups were allowed to migrate up here-to empty land-Aztecs were not one of those groups according to Native American maps pre-dating the Spaniards' arrival)-and Latin American Hispanics did not exist before the Spaniards came-though they will call themselves "indigenous" as if they were truly no different than the Cherokee or Sioux Native Americans. Some want to ditch our Constitution-even making us Communist! These people have been brainwashed in their home countries to believe America is an oppressor and that all whites are rascist and out to get them. What a sorry state to be in.

In high school I knew "something was up" when many Hispanics asked me why, since I am half Hispanic myself, why I was not loyal to the countries of my ancestors (they also seemed to think if you are part Hispanic, you are to behave as if you are all Hispanic), and why I didn't speak Spanish. I explained that I was raised primarily in the mainstream American culture (one side of the family is "anglo") and that I was loyal to the nation I was born, raised and live in today-and that I wasn't taught Spanish, and if I learn it it should be because I am interested in my family background and NOT because of some people demanding it of me.... Then they "turned" on me.

Has anyone noticed the noise pollution? I mean most people when in public try and speak softly. I mean do we really want everyone to hear our conversations? Is it necessary for Spanish speaking people to speak so loudly. I think it is this in your face attitude that most Americans find to be offensive.

MonterreySherry,

Well, if they really didn't know English (like they'd been here for under two years) and were still learning, and if they tried to talk under their breath, it would help. But they seem to want the whole store to hear their conversation. They talk very loud and very fast. I don't know if they talk that loudly in their home countries or not, but to me it's very rude, regardless of WHAT language a person is speaking. And their speaking Spanish in public is just the tip of the iceberg-I find their whole attitude toward us to be "in your face" and rude.

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage
    I want to add that African Americans's ancestors were brought here by force to be slaves to another ethnic group, denied the American dream and not allowed to be a part of mainstream society for a long, long time-I can understand why they developed a culture of their own-it is still part of the American culture regardless-and at least they speak English, if not in the same way most Americans do! And we eat the same foods, fly the same flag, and stand for the same basic principles of freedom and independence. I will stand up to speak for African Americans' rights as well as the mainstream culture because we are all Americans and we are all under attack.
    And today we have those Hispanics who try or are riding the wave that the blacks had forged for themselves in the Civil Rights Movements. They are saying it is their Civil Rights. Amazing when they are ILLEGALLY in this country and they make demands
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast