Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is there a hidden agenda behind Secure Communities?

The Secure Communities Initiative allows local law enforcement agencies to run fingerprints through a federal database showing illegal residents who previously committed a crime.

If it is discovered the individual is a criminal alien, then a detainer for immigration can be placed on them. However, if the only revelation is that they’re simply in the country illegally, then they will not be held for immigration officers.

Our immigration law states that all illegal aliens are eligible for deporation. However, under Secure Communities, all local law enforcement agencies are basically directed to release illegals that have no criminal record!

IMO, Secure Communities lacks the necessary teeth to have a serious impact on our illegal alien population because it allows all illegals that have not committed a crime a free pass. This practice needs to end quickly or we'll never make any real progress in lowering the illegal alien population in our country. DHS will tell you that the their lack of resources prevents a more pro-active stance. While that claim may be partially factual, I don't think it's the whole story.

Could there be an agenda behind Secure Communities that we're overlooking? Personally, I think it's fairly well understood that the Obama administration does not want to deport any illegal that would stand to benefit from a general amnesty, that includes the so-called dreamers.

Yes, I'm suggesting Secure Communities could be a cover designed to keep most illegals from being deported before an amnesty granting bill can be passed by the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President Obama.

I will admit that Secure Communities does serve a function, however, I'm not so sure getting rid of the worst among the illegal alien population is the primary goal of the program. Could the primary goal actually be to halt the deportation of illegals that would stand to benefit from a future comprehensive immigration reform program? After all, it's a known fact that Secure Communities is specifically designed to only deport those illegals that would not be eligible for a future amnesty.

Opinions?

That's what I've been thinking for awhile now! Glad some else noticed!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Its just a grandstanding issue for Obama to eventually say that we're somehow secure and need to grant amnesty now while the borders still aren't shut down. Long as he can keep the right news filled with how well his criminal deportations are going and the left news filled with pro illegal immigration agenda he thinks the American people will buy into his nonsense.

Re: Is there a hidden agenda behind Secure Communities?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    The Secure Communities Initiative allows local law enforcement agencies to run fingerprints through a federal database showing illegal residents who previously committed a crime.

If it is discovered the individual is a criminal alien, then a detainer for immigration can be placed on them. However, if the only revelation is that they’re simply in the country illegally, then they will not be held for immigration officers.

Our immigration law states that all illegal aliens are eligible for deporation. However, under Secure Communities, all local law enforcement agencies are basically directed to release illegals that have no criminal record!

IMO, Secure Communities lacks the necessary teeth to have a serious impact on our illegal alien population because it allows all illegals that have not committed a crime a free pass. This practice needs to end quickly or we'll never make any real progress in lowering the illegal alien population in our country. DHS will tell you that the their lack of resources prevents a more pro-active stance. While that claim may be partially factual, I don't think it's the whole story.

Could there be an agenda behind Secure Communities that we're overlooking? Personally, I think it's fairly well understood that the Obama administration does not want to deport any illegal that would stand to benefit from a general amnesty, that includes the so-called dreamers.

Yes, I'm suggesting Secure Communities could be a cover designed to keep most illegals from being deported before an amnesty granting bill can be passed by the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President Obama.

I will admit that Secure Communities does serve a function, however, I'm not so sure getting rid of the worst among the illegal alien population is the primary goal of the program. Could the primary goal actually be to halt the deportation of illegals that would stand to benefit from a future comprehensive immigration reform program? After all, it's a known fact that Secure Communities is specifically designed to only deport those illegals that would not be eligible for a future amnesty.

Opinions?
    BINGO! That's exactly why Secure Communities was created to try to shut down the 287 (g) program that it my opinion is far preferable since it applies to all illegal aliens since they are all criminals.

You're absolutely right, Mickey. Secure Communities is designed to release the majority of illegal aliens to keep them here.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy wrote:

BINGO! That's exactly why Secure Communities was created to try to shut down the 287 (g) program that it my opinion is far preferable since it applies to all illegal aliens since they are all criminals.
    You're right, 287(g) does have more teeth. That is why DHS is attempting to replace it with Secure Communities.

I'm sick of hearing how great Secure Communities is, especially since it is not designed to deport 'ALL' illegal aliens that law enforcement comes into contact with.

Secure Communities actually started being implemented in the last year of the Bush administration, but I don't think your concerns are completely misplaced. It's well-known that the Obama administration has been using the perceived carrot of some enforcement in order to coax Congress into enacting amnesty. It's the same reason it has refused to implement e-Verify. Obama wants that to be part of an overall "comprehensive immigration reform."

I still think it's a good first step on the road to immigration enforcement, so long as we refuse to have it linked to amnesty on a national level and continue to press for 287(g). Secure Communities is preferable the the sanctuary city model a lot of these insanely liberal, criminal-coddling jurisdictions like San Francisco have adopted, so if it can be forced upon them it's a good thing, IMO.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    Secure Communities actually started being implemented in the last year of the Bush administration, but I don't think your concerns are completely misplaced.
    Bush was an amnesty supporter too.

Big-time. He only started to pursue immigration enforcement when his last-ditch effort at enacting amnesty had crashed and burned in the Senate.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

SECURE COMMUNITIES INFO.

Among the records obtained are monthly data for Secure Communities from October 2009 through August 2010.

The records show that during that period, 41,929 people were identified through Secure Communities for deportation, as so-called "removals and returns."

Those people were divided into four categories based on criminal record.

A total of 9,667 -- about 23 percent -- were classified as Level 1 offenders: those convicted of "aggravated felonies such as murder, rape or sexual abuse of a minor."

Another 16,581 -- about 40 percent -- were labeled as Level 2 offenders: those convicted of any felony, or three or more misdemeanors.

A total of 4,621 -- about 11 percent -- were Level 3 offenders: those convicted of crimes punishable by less than one year in prison, typically misdemeanors.

And 11,060 people -- about 26 percent -- had no criminal record at all.

So ICE's own data shows that, in the second year of a two-year program, 37 percent of the immigrants deported were either non-criminals or had been convicted of minor crimes.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1177561.html
    =============================================

ICE Deports Immigrants During Booking Process

Jan. 2011

"With ICE's wide net casted, civil rights violation may run unchecked by questionable policing efforts. Most of the immigrants that were swept-up arbitrarily, committed Level 1 (low-level) offenses or have no criminal histories at all."
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 10-10-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast