Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There's More Than One Way To Fight Illegal Immigration

As some of you know, for the past 6 months or so I have been working with one of my state Senators to see what Idaho can do to protect this state from the invasion of illegal Aliens. As our Congress just went back into session, I decided to send them all the letter posted below. Before I could even get halfway through sending this letter to all the House members, one of the Representatives called me from the House floor in our State Capitol. He thanked me and said, "You've got my attention." He said he was passing this information along to all he knew and was already trying to think of ways to enforce our immigration laws. He said recently there has been some talk amongst them anyway about this issue and what to do about it. We talked a little more on the issue and when I hung up, I felt as though there is some hope, at least for Idaho.

Thought you would all be uplifted by this info.

Dear

Illegal immigration in this country is a very serious issue and appears to be one of the top concerns of the American people. This issue is widely troublesome and has an impact on every American as they struggle to maintain a good quality of life for themselves and their families. It’s not a racist or a personal opinion issue, but an issue that needs to be resolved to ensure that America continues to be the greatest country in the world. This country cannot sustain the uncontrolled numbers of uneducated, low skilled people coming into this country illegally, and our overcrowded schools, bankrupt hospitals, bulging jails, and depressed wages for the American worker, to name a few, is reflecting this. We hear a lot about securing the borders. While I think this is an essential step, we cannot fully correct this problem until we enforce our existing immigration laws internally across this nation and give illegal aliens every reason to go back to their home countries. We are seeing results of illegal aliens leaving the states that are taking it upon themselves to enforce the laws. And I might add that many of the businesses that have been raided for illegal workers are immediately seeing a line up of Americans to take those jobs back. During the recent housing boom, Idaho saw many construction and landscaping jobs taken by illegal aliens at a lower wage. This not only cheated the Idaho worker out of a job, but cheated Idaho as a whole out of revenue by the common practice of illegal aliens sending their money back to their home countries instead of spending it here.

Enforcing our immigration laws is NOT just the federal government‘s job. This is just an argument by open border lobbyists to keep an active flow of illegal aliens coming into our country for cheap labor. According to the Federal Immigration and Nationality Act of 1996, State and local law enforcement officials have the general power to investigate and arrest violators of federal immigration statutes without prior INS knowledge or approval, as long as they are authorized to do so by state law. There is no extant federal limitation on this authority. The 1996 immigration control legislation passed by Congress was intended to encourage states and local agencies to participate in the process of enforcing federal immigration laws. Immigration officers and local law enforcement officers may detain an individual for a brief warrantless interrogation where circumstances create a reasonable suspicion that the individual is illegally present in the U.S. Specific facts constituting a reasonable suspicion include evasive, nervous, or erratic behavior; dress or speech indicating foreign citizenship; and presence in an area known to contain a concentration of illegal aliens. Hispanic appearance alone is not sufficient. Immigration officers and police must have a valid warrant or valid employer's consent to enter workplaces or residences.

And then there’s this taken from the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrants Responsibility Act of 1996:
    :Section 287(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) was made law in 1996 as a result of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA). Section 287(g) authorizes the Secretary of Homeland Security to enter into agreements with state and local law enforcement agencies, permitting designated officers to perform immigration law enforcement functions, pursuant to a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), provided that the local law enforcement officers receive appropriate training and function under the supervision of sworn U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers. Under 287(g), ICE provides state and local law enforcement with the training and subsequent authorization to identify, process, and when appropriate, detain immigration offenders they encounter during their regular, daily law-enforcement activity.

We keep hearing from open border advocates that our immigration laws are broken. That’s not true. It’s the federal government’s will to enforce the law that is broken, not the laws on the books. I have been in contact with our Senator John Goedde to see what Idaho can do to correct some of the problems we have by the influx of illegal aliens in this state. So far, it keeps coming back to money. Where would the state get the funds? Well, I suggest the Idaho Congress ask the Idahoans. Idaho is beginning to see large numbers of illegal aliens living here, especially in the southern sector, with more coming all the time as other states crack down. With Idaho’s limited budget, we cannot afford not to do something here locally. We either find the money now and nip this problem in the bud, or we wait until it’s completely out of control like California and many other states. Southern California, for example, is currently 80% Hispanic, with 48% of that population in this country illegally. Even states like Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Washington and Oregon, just to name a few, are seeing an overpopulation of illegal aliens as this trend moves north and east, making it clear that all states are rapidly becoming vulnerable to this problem. This dilemma displaces the rightful citizens of this country, forcing people to move out of their lifetime neighborhoods regardless of their financial situations to seek better jobs and schools for their children that still teach in the traditional English language, and to get away from the growing crime.

And here’s the most disturbing part of this problem. We lose more lives right here in this country at the hands of illegal aliens than we do in the Iraq War and all our national disasters lumped together. According to the Violent crimes Institute, there are approximately 240,000 illegal alien sex offenders currently living in this country, with 93 sex offenders and 12 serial sex offenders coming across our borders illegally every single day. Approximately 25 American citizens are killed every single day due to the illegal aliens in this country, with a 50/50 split between violent crimes and illegal alien drunk drivers. Statistics say that overall 48 Americans are killed every day nationwide. It’s not hard to do the math. I don’t know how many crimes have been committed in Idaho by illegal aliens, but even one is too many. We are hearing now of more violence by the Mexican drug cartel on our southern border. Just a few days ago another one of our border patrol agents was murdered, making it 6 in number so far. There have been over a thousand attacks on our border patrol in the last few years from illegal aliens forcing their way into this country. These violent people are now living amongst us, free to roam at large. Our border patrol and an estimated half million private American citizens in the southern sector are in immediate danger from violent crimes by these thugs as they currently move their operation further into the U.S. Gang violence is spreading like a disease in this country, their numbers now at an estimated 800,000 while our combined law enforcement total nationwide is only 700,000. Yet our federal government turns its back on this growing problem, leaving the border open to admit cheap labor to satisfy the appetite of big business while our citizens’ lives are in jeopardy.

I have been actively fighting illegal immigration at the federal level for several years and have researched massive amounts of information on this issue. I can’t list all of that information in one letter, but I can tell you that if illegal immigration is not brought under control soon, it is the one thing that will bring this country to its knees. We can continue to sit back and insist it’s the job of the federal government as this problem grows here locally or we can stand up and take the necessary measures to protect our state. I believe that this issue should take priority above all others as you decide this year what bills are important to our beautiful state of Idaho.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lets see, I don't think Idaho is a very long drive from CA. I think I will drop a little cash there the next time I take a trip up north.

Good job tinybob
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

awesome letter there.

I hope it gets results. I know my father is retired Oregon State Police and they pulled over lots of migrants with no driver's license or insurance and they just let them drive away with a ticket! It's totally ridiculous.

keep fighting the good fight.

Good work tiny. Thanks for sharing your positive news.

Well, thanks, guys. I believe Idaho will do something. They have already passed An English The Official Language Law and a bill to deny benefits to illegal aliens as well as denying driver's licences to those in this country illegally. Enforcing the laws is the next step and I'm going to stay right on them until they do.

Tiny,

Will you give any onlookers here permission to cut/paste/borrow... steal your letter? Seems like it is a good template that can be tweaked to fit other person's situations in other states as well....

Excellent letter. Please keep us posted.

Everyone is welcome to use my letter. Hopefully it will help, because it looks as though we're going to have to fight this thing at the state level, at least until after the election.

The responses are coming in. Here's one.

Thank you for your informative message. I will confer with Sen. Goedde to learn what plans he has to address this issue. Regards, Rep. Frank Henderson

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast