Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

What a great looking bunch of overachievers.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Unfortunately these people are very real and very scary and crawling all over our country.

YEAH, but their only here to work and make a better life for themselves. @##$$%%&##!!
    ------------------------

They are some of the same people that back up the Federal Government and their, illegal, immigration policies here in Fremont, California.

They are quite, for real.

Do you hold rallies in favor of the enforcement of the immigration laws in your area of the country?

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    YEAH, but their only here to work and make a better life for themselves. @##$$%%&##!!
    For sure they are making a better life, and better than a loyal citizen to this country. Because since the moment they enter the country already pregnant, or get pregnant here, they are cover by Medicaid, and welfare. A loyal citizen does not get a free ride such as this.

Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN

Are we "SLOW LEARNERS" or what?

Theodore Roosevelt on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Things have changed (unfortunately) since Teddy Roosevelt said that in 1907. Now we have "multiculturalism" where everyone's culture is celebrated and exalted except for our own. When we must be "sensitive" to others' cultures and heritage, EXCEPT for European culture and heritage because they have been they cause of all of the misery of the world (see the post on removing the celebration of Columbus Day).

With our children now being taught that their ancestors were genocidal and evil, and our heroes and icons being knocked down one by one, we no longer possess the moral authority or confidence to insist that people who come here respect our culture and language. Truly a sad state of affairs.

Do you hold rallies in favor of the enforcement of the immigration laws in your area of the country?

Yes Sir, Bob. The illegals aren't as bold her YET...Here are a couple of rally's I attended in the spring...Picture in the pictures section...

http://www.cullmantimes.com/homepage/lo ... cturestory

The Cullman Times

Border War

Protesters express anger at local rally

Evan Belanger

Hundreds of angry demonstrators raised flags, signs and their voices Saturday, blanketing the steps Cullman County Courthouse to protest amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Rough estimates from law enforcement officers placed the crowd size between 300 and 500 participants in all.

Together, they cheered and shouted at passing drivers to honk their horns, “if they were angry about illegals.”

“We’re here to protest illegal Mexicans in the U.S., living on our tax dollars,” said James Bradford of Cullman. “They need to get here legally and work like the rest of us.”

“We want our country back. We’re tired of being second-class citizens,” said John Clements of Hanceville. “We want them out of here.”

The rally was organized by local business owner Billy Kuykendall, who received permission Monday from the city council to hold the rally.

Kuykendall said he had expected more to show up for the rally, but he was glad the council respected their rights to speak out.

“How can our government talk about amnesty with the border wide open?” Kuykendall asked. “We’ve got to let our politicians know that they need to vote ‘no’ to amnesty.”

According to Kuykendall, politicians and the media have been covering up problems caused by illegal immigration in the U.S. While most estimates say there are between nine and 12 million illegal immigrants, Kuykendall claimed there are more like 25 to 30 million.

He called them “lawbreakers” and said they placed a burden on legal U.S. citizens through increased taxes and higher crime.

Quoting an unknown, legal Hispanic immigrant who he had seen on television, Kuykendall said the best solution he had heard called for cutting off welfare funding to illegals and enforcing much stiffer penalties for companies that hire illegals.

He estimated those actions would force at least half of the illegals to leave in just one year.

“This is not about race, this is about laws,” he said. “We have nothing against legal immigrants — nothing at all.”

In an effort to support his point, Kuykendall invited a number of guest speakers to tell how illegal immigration had adversely affected their lives.

Lisa Mercier of Hartselle told the crowd she was forced to leave her home in Manassas, Va., due to gang violence associated with illegal immigrants.

“We literally slept with a loaded gun, it got so bad,” she said. “When the school banned students from wearing crosses, because they were associated with Mexican gangs, it was the last straw. We put our house on the market.”

Mercier and her family own a plumbing business in Hartselle today.

Other speakers included John Warren, who told how an illegal Mexican, who was driving while intoxicated, nearly killed his daughter in a car accident. Warren claimed that the driver was already awaiting trial for a previous DUI incident.

“I guarantee you, if we put four of five of them in jail, the rest of the state will get the idea,” he said.

Warren is campaign manager for Mo Brooks, a candidate for Lt. Governor.

Across the crowd, reactions were positive. Protesters cheered loudly for speakers and any vehicle that honked while passing.

One protester, Charli Gribble of Blount County, came with a “Don’t Tread on Me” flag, similar to one used by Confederate troops during the Civil War. She said she brought the flag to warn of the impending civil war that illegal immigrants were bringing to the U.S.

“I have been talking about this for 11 years,” she said. “Now it’s time we do something about it.”

After the rally, Police Chief Kenny Culpepper and Sheriff Tyler Roden said everything went as planned with no incidents to report.

The Sheriff’s Office and the Police Department worked together to provide security for the event, along with Alabama State Troopers and volunteers from the U.S. Disaster Relief Command.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdail ... test.shtml

Some speak mind on illegal immigration

By Ronnie Thomas
    DAILY Staff Writer
    rthomas@decaturdaily.com · 340-2438

Allen Hawkins let the handmade poster on the tailgate of his pickup do the talking Saturday as he drove from Arab to a "pro-citizenship" rally in Decatur.

The sign read: "Illegal aliens are not only destroying our S.S. system but they are stealing my grandchildren's right to the American Dream!"

Hawkins, 57, was commenting on the Social Security system. He had more to say after reaching the site at the old Dodge dealership on U.S. 31, where about 30 people had gathered at noon. American flags mounted on pickups fluttered in the mild breeze.

"Our country is being destroyed by our own government. Our borders are wide open," he said. "We let the illegals in here."

Hawkins continued, "If the good Lord takes me today, I've lived the American dream. Read my sign. Am I too selfish to want the same opportunity for my grandchildren? I don't think so."

Another band of about 50 supporters lined their flag-bearing vehicles along U.S. 31 in front of Gateway Shopping Center. Others drove motorcycles and pickups up and down the highway, between the two sites.

No one showed up to voice opposition. Decatur police said they had received no reports of any incidents by the time the rally ended at 3 p.m.

People came from several other towns, including Cullman, Vinemont, Moulton, Hartselle and Trinity, to support the rally, the brainchild of Ray Lawrimore, 44, of Falkville.

Lawrimore said that although he got the inspiration after attending a similar rally in Cullman three weeks ago, he has been involved in campaigning against illegals for two years.

"I'm tired of seeing them on television and laughing in our faces. What makes it worse is that our government and big business supports them," he said. "Every American knows that."

Lawrimore's wants

Lawrimore said he wants President Bush, during his speech on immigration Monday night, to "give amnesty to anyone who is illegal but who has been here at least five years. They need to show they pay taxes and have insurance. There should not be a double standard for Americans."

Lawrimore said he is upset that he cannot get Gov. Bob Riley's office to respond to his phone calls.

"I am asking Riley to press the federal government for state and local approval to conduct raids, weed out the illegals and send them back," he said. "I can get enough truck drivers to send 60,000 back in six months. If they give me a year, I can get them all back. I'm ticked off."

Others at the rally were, too. Delores Clark, 48, of Cullman carried a sign that read, "Close Our Borders."

She said she is not prejudiced against Hispanics.

"I just want them to be legal and go through the proper procedures to be in our country," she said.

Marlin Hawkins, 67, of Vinemont, Allen Hawkins' brother, walked around wearing front and back signs reading, "Amnesty No, Go South of the Alamo," and "Remember the Alamo."

Marlin Hawkins said he isn't happy with the media "because it seems like when we've approached them to put our story out there, they seem to turn it around and eliminate a lot of what we're saying the problem is."

He said the problem rests with government.

"We got to stop the illegals, but we've got politicians that are not supporting our laws. They're sitting up there and not taking a stand," he said. "They try to sit on the fence to get themselves back into office."

Kim Jordan, 45, of Moulton said, "The power of the pen is what's going to solve this. I'm urging everyone to spend 39 cents for a stamp and write their congressman. One letter, in (a congressman's) view, represents 10,000 people."

John Hartsfield, 62, of Decatur said he came to the rally "to stand up for America because it is being deplenished by our government, which is trying to give illegals amnesty. I don't have anything against legals one bit."

Hartsfield, too, wants to hear direct talk from Bush.

"I want to hear him say Monday he will close the border immediately," Hartsfield said.

He said he isn't as concerned about the northern border because "Canadians cannot infiltrate like the Mexicans."

Lewis Allison, 48, of Hartselle hauled his riding mower to the rally site and parked it in the median near the old dealership. He sat high in the seat while others, such as David Brown, 37, of Trinity, gathered around with lawn chairs.

"I live in this country. I don't depend on Hispanics to do anything for me," Allison said. "That is what this John Deere represents. I mow my own grass."

Nearby, Mike Garrie, 36, of Moulton wore a sign that read "Close the Border" on one side and "I will not speak Spanish" on the other.

Eric Rauch, 36, of Cullman stood alongside the highway in what was once the entrance to the dealership, waved a large American flag and signaled to motorists to give a blast on their horns to show support. Many responded, including some extended wails from 18-wheelers.

"We have to close the borders and secure them, which includes building a wall if they have to," he said.

Rauch said he will watch Bush's speech Monday with a lot of interest.

"If he says we need to send in the National Guard to secure the borders," Rauch said, "then I will agree with him."
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Well Virginiamama, I see you indeed have rallies and some big ones at that.

One of the things that struck me at first at the rallies here were the Communist, the Brown Shirts, people with their faces covered and the brainwashed college students.

The government has quite a following. I suppose they must be proud.

How our government still functions is a mystery to me.

How they manage to clean a couple of these people up so we can vote for them, and vote we do, is just plan sad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast