Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

These riots were about race. Why ignore the fact?

These riots were about race. Why ignore the fact?

by Katharine Birbalsingh
    The London Telegraph
    August 9, 2011

What colour is Mark Duggan? Mark Duggan is the man who was shot dead by the police on Thursday in Tottenham. The Tottenham riots last night were sparked when people protested his death. This morning, I first heard of the riots on the radio, then on the television. I read articles on the internet. But oddly, no one would say what colour Mark Duggan was. No one would say the unsayable, that the rioters were, I suspect on the whole, black. Then, finally, Toby Young’s Telegraph blog post on the riots was published. Is Toby Young the only journalist out there who will dare say that these riots are about race?

Still, one paper did carry a photo of Mr Duggan. When I saw the photo, it confirmed what I knew instinctively: black youths once again have set London alight.

Some of the black kids I used to teach will tell you that the riots are absolutely justified. A number of adults would agree with them. Everywhere I read that the protest was understandable because “people are very angryâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here, a gang of mixed-race thugs rob a victim who has just been beaten on the streets of London.

The victim appears to be Asian. Note the severity of his injury from the pool of blood on the sidewalk.

VIDEO: London Riots 2011 - Man Helped and Then Robbed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNh-fTv1Gm8

England is under great political stress. Cameras are mounted everywhere in public places, and private photography is being curtailed, even in public places.

This video was taken July 10th, before these riots. Now that the riots have happened, private citizens being able to archive what is going on in London are going to be greatly curtailed.

We are talking about a genuine police state.

VIDEO: Stand Your Ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JH9F7Hcluo
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The English have been disarmed and are defending themselves with freaking baseball bats! On DrudgeReport.com it showed online orders of American made bats going to England up over 15,000 percent!

Here this guy talks about having only a bat to defend his family against a potential mob.

----

Toby Young
    Toby Young is the author of How to Lose Friends & Alienate People (2001) and The Sound of No Hands Clapping (2006). In addition to being a freelance journalist, he is leading the efforts of a parent group in West London to set up a state secondary school. To learn more about that project, visit the school's website on www.westlondonfreeschool.co.uk. Toby's personal website is www.nosacredcows.co.uk and he tweets under the name of Toadmeister.
    Is it time to send in the Army? Or will water cannon be enough?
    By Toby Young Society Last updated: August 9th, 2011

558 Comments Comment on this article

Is it time to send in the water cannons? (Photo: Getty)
    I’m writing this at 3.30am on Tuesday morning, unable to sleep thanks to the outbreak of lawlessness that has engulfed large parts of London. At around 10pm, a mob of several hundred youths ran amok in Ealing, about two miles from where I live in Acton, smashing shop windows, setting property ablaze and looting the local shopping centre. Sky News reported two separate incidents of homes in the area being broken into, with one elderly lady waking to find a masked boy at the end of her bed. According to eyewitnesses I’ve been corresponding with on Twitter, it took the police 90 minutes to respond, so overstretched are they. Indeed, a Sky News team was in Ealing before the police – Sky is based in Isleworth, about three miles away – and one brave reporter agreed to wait with the elderly woman until the police arrived. There then followed unconfirmed reports that the violence was spreading Eastwards towards Acton.

At that point I seriously considered waking up my wife and children, putting them in the car and taking them to the Holiday Inn just outside Heathrow. The street I live in is frequently targeted by local youths from the nearby estates and I was concerned that they might decide to take advantage of the fact that the police are clearly otherwise engaged. Earlier this year, my six-year-old son was robbed by a teenage boy on a bicycle after setting up a lemonade stand in our driveway and, last week, my neighbour chased off two young men trying to break into his house, an incident I wrote about in the Spectator. In the end, I decided I wasn’t going to allow a mob of teenage thugs to intimidate me into leaving my property. Instead, I drew the curtains, turned off all the lights and dusted off an old baseball bat.

Like hundreds of thousands of people all over London, I’m not relishing another night of feeling this vulnerable. David Cameron is going to have to come up with a suitably robust response at this morning’s COBRA meeting if he’s going to persuade ordinary Londoners not to organise themselves into vigilante squads to protect their families and their property on the nights ahead. It’s increasingly clear that the police are becoming overwhelmed by the sheer scale of the lawlessness. Leave has been cancelled, additional manpower has been drafted in from outside London, but still they cannot cope. With disorder now spreading to Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool and elsewhere, and exhaustion setting in after three consecutive nights of rioting, the police will be stretched to breaking point.

One solution is to equip them with better weapons – tear gas, rubber bullets, water cannon. I suspect that a decision to supply the police with water cannon will be taken after the COBRA meeting, though it’ll probably be presented by the Prime Minister as an option that the Government has made available to the police, rather than something that’s been imposed upon them from on high. But will that be enough? The number of police trained in the use of water cannon is very small and, as a consequence, they’ll only be able to use it sparingly. If the violence and disorder of last night is repeated on the same scale tonight, water cannon won’t make much difference. The problem isn’t that the police aren’t equipped with effective enough weapons, it’s that the lawlessness is so widespread that the police aren’t able to get to the trouble spots in time.

If the rioting continues, the Prime Minister will have to consider more drastic action, such as declaring a state of emergency, imposing a curfew, even drafting in the Army. And he’ll have to do this sooner rather than later. Not only will ordinary citizens take the law into their own hands if they think the authorities can’t protect them, they’ll start leaving the cities in droves, causing huge logistical problems. There’s also the faltering recovery to take into account. Britain’s struggling retail sector will take a hit from these disturbances, and the longer they continue, the bigger that hit will be. Double dip, here we come.

Looking ahead to next year, there’s the London Olympics to consider. Will families in America and Australia want to book expensive holidays and pay top prices for tickets if there’s a danger that London will be engulfed in flames? The Olympics are supposed to be a showcase, a glossy advertisement for everything London has to offer as a global city. That dream currently lies in tatters and it will take a lot of skilful PR work to resurrect it. The longer the rioting goes on, the harder that task will be.

In the coming weeks and months, the politicians can argue about the causes of these riots, commission Law Lords to write reports and propose solutions. I daresay the cuts to police numbers will have to be reconsidered – they’ve earned that reprieve, thanks to the courage and fortitude they’ve shown in the past three days and will no doubt continue to show in the days ahead. But today we need decisive action from the Prime Minister. Violence and disorder on this scale is a catastrophe for this country on almost every level. Looking at the television pictures a few hours ago, I felt as if I was witnessing the collapse of Western civilisation as depicted in countless Hollywood disaster movies. We need to restore the rule of law by whatever means necessary and we need to do it now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    The English have been disarmed and are defending themselves with freaking baseball bats!
    =========================================

Actually, short of facing down a loaded firearm, a baseball bat can be a very effective defensive weapon. I suspect the underground market for weapons and homemade weapons in London is about to explode.

This is what happens when governments DISARM the civilian population.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If their laws are still like many Canadian laws they better have a baseball and a glove. That way you can say it was handy as you keep your equipment near the door to make it easier when you go to play.

This whole thing started like police shootings here in some black communities like Overtown and Liberty City in Miami where people go and protest by the police station or city hall. The only difference is that they don't do more than wave signs and yell. This incident in London was used by the thugs as an excuse to burn vehicles and buildings and go loot businesses. Then others continued in other areas of the city.

This video gives an idea about what is going through the minds of rioters in London.

RELATED

London Riots

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgILxGK0o

Darcus Howe, a West Indian Writer and Broadcaster with a voice about the riots. Speaking about the mistreatment of youths by police leading to an up-roar and the ignorance of both police and the governement. Intelligent black male.

Banned
    This liberal/progressive, PC belief that you can bring third world in to your country and they will automatically assimilate is bullsh*t. For many it seems, they can be taken out of the third world, but the third world can't be taken out of them.

Considering the constant race baiting and class warfare mentallity of the current administration, we here in the US can look forward to nights filled with fires, fear and riots. It is only a matter of time. There is a culture of dependency and when the economy collapes, London will look like a breath of fresh air in comparison'.

I wonder what would be happening right now if this was majority white on black crimes being committed.

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod
    I wonder what would be happening right now if this was majority white on black crimes being committed.
    =====================================

Food for thought:

FEMA Camp Footage (Concentrations Camps in USA)

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-hvPJPTi4
    2,726,683 viewings

FYI: The United States now has MORE PRISONERS INCARCERATED than any other nation in the world. Quite the distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    If their laws are still like many Canadian laws they better have a baseball and a glove. That way you can say it was handy as you keep your equipment near the door to make it easier when you go to play.

This whole thing started like police shootings here in some black communities like Overtown and Liberty City in Miami where people go and protest by the police station or city hall. The only difference is that they don't do more than wave signs and yell. This incident in London was used by the thugs as an excuse to burn vehicles and buildings and go loot businesses. Then others continued in other areas of the city.
    =======================================

RELATED

Stand Your Ground: Robbery victims shoot back
    http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/205035 ... shoot-back

"I don't regret what I did," Smith said. "I had to take control of the situation."