Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

They're impounding illegal immigrants' cars in Fresno

I came across this letter on the Opinion page of the Fresno Bee. People who believe in entitling lawbreakers to anything amaze me. It makes me wonder if they raise their children with any respect for rules.

They're impounding illegal immigrants' cars in Fresno

Every time I read a story in my favorite newspaper about a DUI checkpoint, I'm amazed at the number of impounded cars that are collected by Fresno police. It's usually three times as many impounds as motorists being arrested for driving while intoxicated. There must be a reason for the disparity, so I called Sgt. Eric Eide, Fresno's traffic enforcement guru.

Here are the facts: On Wednesday night at Palm and Pinedale avenues, nine drivers were arrested on suspicion of DUI during a checkpoint operation in which typically 3,000 cars pass through. There were 29 vehicles impounded because the drivers didn't have valid licenses,

Eide said the reason is simple. . . most of the drivers who did not have licenses were undocumented immigrants. It's a reflection of the region's demographics, Eide said. A smaller number of violators were driving on suspended licenses.

The immigrants were otherwise obeying the law, Eide said. Their children were buckled into car seats. Everyone was wearing seat belts. The drivers weren't drunk or on drugs. They just didn't have drivers licenses because of their immigration status.

Seems to me to be another reason that California should allow illegal immigrants to obtain drivers licenses. We'd all be safer and it sure would be fairer to those whose cars are being impounded. But the public reacts negatively when someone proposes granting drivers licenses to illegal immigrants and the proposal never becomes law.

http://www.fresnobeehive.com/opinion/20 ... ded_c.html

That darn public! Always getting in the way of illegals.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

On Kroktalk radio about a week ago, there was a caller on who is in charge of picking up repossessed cars. He was talking about how they get away with not getting their cars repossessed. He was going on about how he'd show up at a home and there would be 20 of them. The guy with the car would be gone and there would be no way to find him. He said that about 40% of cars that are to be repossessed by illegals doesn't happen. They get away with the vehicle by leaving. Probably going to another family of 20. These were the caller's estimates. Kroktalk had him stay on the line to get his number. Kroktalk said that he was going to get some addresses of these homes where they couldn't get the car. I'm curious to see what he does with those addresses.

Anyway...this article made me think about that show.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    That darn public! Always getting in the way of illegals.

Illegals could be ridding bikes but hey, when you start breaking the law why stop at the illegal border crossing.

Illegal entry is just the first law they break... They represent a string of crime that includes ID theft.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Eide said the reason is simple. . . most of the drivers who did not have licenses were undocumented immigrants. It's a reflection of the region's demographics, Eide said. A smaller number of violators were driving on suspended licenses.

The immigrants were otherwise obeying the law, Eide said. Their children were buckled into car seats. Everyone was wearing seat belts. The drivers weren't drunk or on drugs. They just didn't have drivers licenses because of their immigration status.
    Eide Eide , Did you ever hear or read the word "illegal"..... No Eide they are breaking the law by being here... This guy is a COP ??? Great !!!

"....were otherwise obeying the law"

Obviously, they were NOT obeying U.S. immigration law! Their vehicles were impounded; well boo hoo! The same would happen to an American citizen who could not get a driver's license because theirs was under suspension. What's unfair about that? The illegals aren't being singled out; they're just getting caught (finally)! Anyone who doesn't like that, tough tacos!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

Anybody ever heard of the LAW....It is the LAW of the State to have a drivers license....THE LAW....but since they are here illegally...I guess they feel they do not have to abide by the LAWS of the State....
    They want their LEGAL RIGHTS upheld....but they do not have to abide by any laws... good deal if you can get it....they have gotten all of it for to long....ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just how in the heck is giving illegals licenses supposed to make the road safer?? If they broke one of the biggest laws by comming here illegally, whay would they care about state laws concerning driving??

As I live in the Fresno area, I would like to know one thing-

Why is it that every accident they are involved in, they get out of the car and walk away. I have personally seen it happen, and read about it in the newspaper all the time. These people NEVER register their cars, and they DON'T have insurance. Sounds like criminals to me.

We just came back from the Costco not far from Pinedale, and the worst thing you can hear is when the kids don't even speak english. It's no wonder a certain group of people are failing and dropping our of OUR schools. Anchor puppies, they are no better than their parents.