Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protesters rally at the capitol to denounce support for state bills yet to pass legislation which aim to crack down on illegal immigration, Thursday, March 24, 2011, in Atlanta. JOHN AMIS
    So who gave the Georgia field workers the day off?

More news on illegal alien rally: video
    Mar.24th,2011
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/27310051/detail.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    More news on illegal alien rally: video
    Mar.24th,2011
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/27310051/detail.html
    Thousands Rally At Capitol Over Immigration Bill
    Posted: 1:49 pm EDT March 24, 2011Updated: 8:45 pm EDT March 24, 2011
    ATLANTA -- Karen Padron watched the protest against immigration reform with extreme interest.

That's because she said she was born in the United States, but her parents were not.

They moved here illegally from Mexico 21 years ago, three years before she was born.

"It'll separate me and my mom," Padron told Channel 2’s Richard Elliot during the rally at the state Capitol. "So if my mom leaves, where am I going to stay? Who am I going to stay with? Who's going to take care of me and my sisters?" asked Padron.

Padron was one of thousands of people who crowded onto Washington Street in front of the Capitol to protest two immigration reform bills now before the General Assembly.

The bill would require employers to verify the immigration status of their employees, and would give police greater leeway to check the immigration status of suspects they think could be in the country illegally.

The sponsor of the House version of the bill issued a statement even as the protesters demonstrated outside.

"In contrast to these angry sign waiving activists, there are millions of Georgia citizens working and raising their families who no longer are willing to accept the loss of job opportunities to the nearly 500,000 illegal aliens in our state or to subsidize their presence with their hard earned tax dollars," said the statement from State Rep. Matt Ramsey, R- Peachtree City, along with other bill supporters.

The mostly Latino protesters heard speeches from community activists and music by the Indigo Girls.

D. A. King, an immigration reform activist and supporter of the bills, watched the protest from the sidewalk.

"(The bill) is the most well-thought out, well-written state level enforcement bill anywhere in the nation," said King. "And I am confident it will become law very soon."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Immigration-Rights Activists Rally At Capitol

Groups Claim Immigration Bills Promote Racial Profiling

By Christopher King, CBS Atlanta Reporter

POSTED: 6:09 am EDT March 24, 2011
    UPDATED: 5:47 pm EDT March 24, 2011
    (nothing updated since this time)

Thousands of immigration-rights protestors rallied Thursday outside the Georgia State Capitol.

Demonstrators jammed the streets, chanted and carried signs, protesting two separate bills aimed at cracking down on illegal immigration.

Lawmakers have already approved House Bill 87. It would give law enforcement the power to check the immigration status of criminal suspects. It would also require employers to use the federal work authorization program to verify the status of new employees.

State Senators are considering a similar bill, SB 40.

Both bills are similar to a measure in Arizona.

Immigration-rights activists have said that the bills are unconstitutional and would harm Georgia's economy and lead to racial profiling. They are calling on Gov. Nathan Deal to commit to vetoing those bills.

“These laws are unconstitutional," said Vanessa Kosky, an attorney. "You cannot discriminate against someone because of what someone looks like or because you believe they are undocumented.â€

Banned
    Until the Feds start enforcing the laws they should be..the states need to take matters into their own hands. There is nothing wrong with cracking down on criminals and thats what illegals are. They are criminals as they broke the law, have not paid their dues to society, and remain at large. Yes they need to be prosecuted, arrested and deported along with their kids. Their property should be confiscated and sold at auction and proceeds put to increasing the rounding up of more illegals.

BillCunnane,

That's a great idea!

Folk rock duo the Indigo Girls on Thursday performed their song "Shame on You" with lyrics adapted for the rally.
    Shame on YOU Indigo Girls for not supporting your fellow Americans! Just for that you should be sentenced to supporting at least 100 illegals!
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

That's because she said she was born in the United States, but her parents were not.

They moved here illegally from Mexico 21 years ago, three years before she was born.

"It'll separate me and my mom," Padron told Channel 2’s Richard Elliot during the rally at the state Capitol. "So if my mom leaves, where am I going to stay? Who am I going to stay with? Who's going to take care of me and my sisters?" asked Padron.

Padron was one of thousands of people who crowded onto Washington Street in front of the Capitol to protest two immigration reform bills now before the General Assembly.
    Well, you're 21 years old, old enough to serve in the US military, old enough to work, old enough to vote, so if you haven't figured out how to live and work in the United States as an American citizen, if that's what you are, by now, then you need to ask YOUR MOM where you're going to live in Mexico, since she alone is responsible for any problems you have because she is an illegal alien and you're an anchor baby. You and your sisters are her problem, not the Americans in Georgia or any other state of our union.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

YOU GO GEORGIA!! You pass these bills and set another example of right against wrong in our country. This nonsense of illegal immigration must end and end now, once and for all. And the states must do it. The feds won't ever do it, we know that now.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast