Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well, I would never go to Mexico for anything!!!! And a root canal?????
    I can just imagine how sterile the files are~~~shudder~~~!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

NO Way!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well it all depends on the doctor themselves. I had dental work once in Mexico City and wasn't bad. My mother had also dental work done when we visited family. Our american dentist was impress by the work was done. My mother never again had problem with the tooth.

I can understand why many Americans would travel to Mexico to get dental care. My dentist here, heck more than 800 to fix my tooth and crown. My dentist charges me alot. Thank god I do now have dental insurance, but still god forbid I leave my job and have no insurance. How am I suppose to pay for future dental expense. I can tell my dentist frowns on payment plans. He gets his customers money up front in whole. I know. Even friends whom I recommended him, all left my dentist for that very reason - too expensive.

I remember some years ago, unemployed, I didn't have insurance. So I went to the county for help, well they at first refused me and suggested for me to find a dentist. Hellooooo...the reason I went to the county because I am uninsured and didn't have any money. They checked me and told me to find a dentist because I needed a root canal and that it would cost me about 500 bucks. Pleezeee...I didn't have that money to begin with. So they told me they will do it except that the only thing they could do was pull it out. Now looking back I regret it, but when it hurts bad..it hurts. I couldn't tolerate the pain, it was getting bad that I was getting sinus problems and headaches.

So I can understand why Americans go to Mexico out of necessity. If dentist would be more flexible in payments, and not charge exhorbitant prices, just maybe.

Now regarding Health service that is totally different...there I had horror experiences in Mexico . Always stay healthy when you visit Mexico.

For future reference, I believe that anyone can get care from a teaching
    hospital on a sliding scale.

I would really be afraid of procedures in a third world country.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Re: Throngs of uninsured US patients seek dental care in Mex

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    About 20,000 people legally cross the border on foot in this city in southwestern Texas, according to the Border Patrol.
    The key word here being LEGALLY.
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

The point is that Mexico's people come here and get free treatment, while people from here cannot afford the treatments here so they go to Mexico for cheaper prices.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    The point is that Mexico's people come here and get free treatment, while people from here cannot afford the treatments here so they go to Mexico for cheaper prices.
    The reason we can't afford medical and dental care here in the US is because of all the FREE care given to illegals. Talk about a vicious circle!
    Guess someone has to pay for it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have a family member on disability. His teeth are in extremely bad shape due to never having the money to fix them. He needs dentures and he will be footing the entire bill. It's a good thing the goverment had to pay back disability pay to the time he first applied for disability otherwise he wouldn't be getting his teeth fixed.

If there was some program for poor adults to help with dental needs he wouldn't be in this predicament right now. Dentists are expensive and they are a luxury for most people especially the working poor and the disabled.

i really would not risk major disease by having a 3rd world dentist work on my teeth. how would you even verify they went to dental school? as far as these mexican dentists being trained in the USA i really doubt it. it is currently costing OVER $250000 for an American education. the average dental student graduates with major debt, that's one of the reasons dental care costs so much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12