Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thursday---Senate Subcommittee on CIR

I have been pointing out to subcommittee members that they are being deluged with calls from foreign citizens posing as constituents. I think this is a serious national security issue. Our Congress is supposed to be free from foreign lobbying unless they are properly registered.

“Date Change---Comprehensive Immigration Reform in 2009, Can We Do It and How?â€
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fair and balanced witness list, huh?

Captainron : What is the form to register if you have foreign interest to lobby our Congress?

CALL AND VOICE YOUR OPINION AGAINST AMNESTY AND UNSECURE BORDERS TO THIS SUB-COMMITTEE.

Called them there Senators of that there Sub - Committee.

Only one wanted to start the, who represents me.

If the Senator is on a Sub-Committee, I as an American can voice my opinion to the Senator
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Texans, please call Sen. Cornyn.
    Arizonans, call Sen Kyl.

My Senator is a sell-out--but I am calling all of his offices.

ELE

Un-fair

I come from a Sanctuary city and almost ALL of our politicans are traitors! The politicans cry poor mouth to us and tell us that we have to tighten our belts and pay higher taxes for less services. Meanwhile, illegals continue to get health care, close down our medical facilities, raise our crime rate, cause over crowding in our schools, taking our jobs, and bring us nothing but dispair....... and we legal citizens continue to be forced to pay for the free loaders.

ELE

I am going to vote for the party that represent America!

Anyone notice a pattern. Republicans against Amnesty, Bank Bail Outs and Universal Health Care and Big Government. And 98% of the Democrats are almost ALL in support of Amnesty, Bank Bail Out's, Stimulus bills with 800 Ear Marks, Universal Health Care and Big Government control.

The Republican president screwed up last time around but if it weren't for almost all of the Republicans now we would have no representation at all.

http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/fara/

Foreign Agents Registration Act

The Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) was enacted in 1938. FARA is a disclosure statute that requires persons acting as agents of foreign principals in a political or quasi-political capacity to make periodic public disclosure of their relationship with the foreign principal, as well as activities, receipts and disbursements in support of those activities. Disclosure of the required information facilitates evaluation by the government and the American people of the statements and activities of such persons in light of their function as foreign agents. The FARA Registration Unit of the Counterespionage Section (CES) in the National Security Division (NSD) is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Act.
    Public information relating to the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) may be obtained in person at the FARA Registration Unit Public Office located at:
    Department of Justice
    Registration Unit
    1400 New York Avenue, N.W.
    1st Floor - Public Office
    Suite 100
    Washington, D.C. 20005

Public Office Research
    Hours of Operation:

Monday - Friday

11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
    Filing Hours:

This is a complicated piece of legislation---there are exceptions and various provisions. It was followed by other lobbying disclosure regulation--usually at the behest of Democratic leaders. As far as I can see he FARA does not address the specific subject of foreign citizens who are in this country illegally. A foreign agent could just as easily be an American citizen who lobbies on behalf of a foreign principal.

I say that, generally, our legislative decisions are to be free from foreign influence unless it is registered under the FARA. That is why Congress has enacted lobbying disclosure laws. I also ask them if they are aware that many foreign nationals, some of whom are here illegally, are calling at this time and that they are encouraged by certain organizations to pose as "constituents."

Re: Thursday---Senate Subcommittee on CIR

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    I have been pointing out to subcommittee members that they are being deluged with calls from foreign citizens posing as constituents. I think this is a serious national security issue. Our Congress is supposed to be free from foreign lobbying unless they are properly registered.
    What responses, if any, have you received from them?

Just from looking at the witness list, we can see the obvious agenda here.

Usually a somewhat somber tone and they say "I will pass that along." It seems that no one has considered this angle. The FARA was requested by FDR, and then Truman became alarmed that business interests were stirring up grassroots lobbying, so he pressed upon Congress to enact the Lobbying Disclosure Act. Apparently, Democrats have tended to push the "transparency in lobbying" legislation which, in a nutshell, has required greater disclosure of expenditures and who they are representing.

When foreign citizens represent themselves as "constituents" and do not declare that they are here illegally, I would say that that is very non-transparent. I have seen, on the web, a case where someone has emailed all the way from Argentina.

If anyone knows how to do it and get it noticed (how about asking the Republican committee members?) you could pull discussions from some of the dream act websites and forward them on. Here they are, illegally in this country, freely and specifically discussing which Congressmen they are going to contact and what issues they will raise. This info should be sent to DHS and we should demand a Congressional investigation..

What other country would tolerate foreign nationals representing themselves to be citizens and lobbying the legislators?

I keep getting voice mail at Sen Cornyn's office, but they tell you to call back instead of leaving a message.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast