BETWEEN THE LINES

IS IT TIME FOR TEA PARTY TO REAWAKEN?

Exclusive: Joseph Farah presents formula for movement to reassert influence in 2014

Published: 22 hours ago JOSEPH FARAH

Bob Dylan famously wrote: “You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.”
The political winds are blowing against business as usual.
They are blowing against Barack Obama and the Democrats.
They are blowing against the Republican establishment epitomized by House Speaker John Boehner, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and political boss Karl Rove.
They are blowing against endless borrowing.
They are blowing against unrestricted abortion on demand.
They are blowing against federal judges imposing their will on the citizenry.
They are blowing against unconstitutional, unlimited government.
They are blowing against Washington dictating to the states and the people.
They are blowing against people of faith exercising their most basic First Amendment rights.
You don’t need a weatherman to notice.
What an opportune moment in American political history it would be for the tea party of 2009-2010 to reawaken.
Can it happen?
Let’s face it, the kind of spontaneous uprising we saw prior to the midterm election of 2010 was awe-inspiring. It accounted for the change in hands of the House of Representatives and the ouster of Nancy Pelosi. It nearly resulted in the Senate changing hands.
But the tea party was betrayed by the Republican establishment.
And it was targeted for retribution by the Obama administration – in a very tangible and illegal way.
It was also predictable (I predicted it) that the tea-party movement would lose steam after the 2010 election because many who for the first time in their lives got politically mobilized thought the job of electing Republicans was accomplished.
For the kind of hardworking people the tea-party movement represented, it’s not easy to remain politically mobilized all year long – perennially. That’s much easier for the perpetually angry left, which is subsidized by the government in so many ways for its work on behalf of “social justice” – a misnomer for more activist government’s accumulation of power.
But America is in crisis.
So excuses are no longer acceptable.
The country, as perhaps never before, is facing a critical fork in the road: It’s headed to the left, and it will take a hard right to realign its course.
There is only thing that can save us – serious repentant prayer, the kind we read about in 2 Chronicles 7:14. Without that, the kind of political activity needed to right the nation’s course simply cannot happen. We need help from the heavenlies. And it’s there for the asking – if only people of faith will heed the call.
The other thing that would help is courage.
America’s founders had plenty of it. They defied all the odds and history itself by creating the greatest creed a nation ever followed, by drafting and ratifying the greatest Constitution the world has ever known and by submitting all their endeavors to God’s favor.
It’s 2014 and time to reapply that formula.
I’ve argued since I wrote “The Tea Party Manifesto” that separating faith from political action is a recipe for defeat. I’ve argued since I wrote “The Tea Party Manifesto” that you cannot separate morality from “economic issues” because they are one in the same. I’ve argued since I wrote “The Tea Party Manifesto” that if so-called “social issues,” like life and death and sexual license, were not part of the agenda for conservatives and tea-party activists, they would become the exclusive domain of the cultural left, which has proven true.
Are you listening tea-party activists?
It takes courage and principle and energy and spiritual commitment.
You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
And you don’t need a 501(c)3 or 501(c)4 to take it to the streets.

“The Tea Party Manifesto” by Joseph Farah is now specially priced for this moment in history at 99 cents. Buy one or buy as many as you want to distribute to your neighbors and friends to spread the word that neither the establishment Republicans nor establishment Democrats want Americans to hear or read.
Media wishing to interview Joseph Farah, please contact media@wnd.com.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/is-it-tim...y-to-reawaken/