Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tired of Being Called a Racist and Xenophobe?

Here’s a new slant on the issue of labels: “Illegal Immigration, Xenophobia and Xenophily

“ . . .When the left calls the great majority of American citizens Xenophobes, they don’t even know what they are saying. Xenophobia is an irrational fear of foreigners or strangers. It’s more than just dislike – it’s a phobia. A phobia is a persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of something despite the awareness that there is nothing dangerous. Obviously, there’s nothing irrational or phobic about a nation of citizens becoming worried about a dangerous invasion of immigrants who are openly flaunting our laws!

Now Xenophilia or Xenophily is the opposite of Xenophobia. A Xenophiliac or Xenophily is someone who has an inordinate attraction to strangers and people of other lands usually to the detriment of their own welfare. The word is derived from the word Philoxenia. Philoxenia is a compound made up of two Greek words: philos, means "love" or “attraction” and xenos, means "stranger" or “foreigner."

According to wikopedia.com,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophily
    there’s a sexual as well as a UFO connotation to the word Xenophily. I leave it to your imagination to play with this word and its implications the next time some loony leftist “loose-bolt” tries to label you a Xenophobe!

Ok - enough of these labels! Let the p.c. crowd repent once they get their fill. Remember, labels go both ways!

Source:
    http://faultlineusa.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... a-and.html

Excellent contribution TXwise. Kind of takes out the sting when realizing you've come under attack from a possible xenophiliac.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

Skip wrote on January 13, 2007 2:52 PM:"When the left calls the great majority of American citizens Xenophobes, they don’t even know what they are saying. Xenophobia is an irrational fear of foreigners or strangers. It’s more than just dislike – it’s a phobia. A phobia is a persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of something despite the awareness that there is nothing dangerous. Obviously, there’s nothing irrational or phobic about a nation of citizens becoming worried about a dangerous invasion of immigrants who are openly flaunting our laws! "

Skip wrote on January 13, 2007 2:53 PM:"Now Xenophilia or Xenophily is the opposite of Xenophobia. A Xenophiliac or Xenophily is someone who has an inordinate attraction to strangers and people of other lands usually to the detriment of their own welfare. The word is derived from the word Philoxenia. Philoxenia is a compound made up of two Greek words: philos, means "love" or “attraction” and xenos, means "stranger" or “foreigner." Ok - enough of these labels! Let the p.c. crowd repent once they get their fill. Remember, labels go both ways!"

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... 1_8_07.txt

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... 1_6_07.txt

To be honest I no longer care what they call me. I'm just a proud American that actually cares about this country and our culture. They will continue to find names to label me as but I know what I stand for. I have nothing to fear from anyone and I love all people. This is just a legal issue with me and that is what is at the core of this argument.

...sticks and stones will break my bones but names with never hurt me.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Good piece of work Skip. Our thick skinned Brothers and Sisters don't need them, but some might find the exposure of the two alternatives enlightening.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Anymore I put no though into what these traitors want to say about me and millions of other Americans who want the laws enforced.

As far as I am concerned, they are non-Americans, traitors, dirtbags.......should I go on?

Their name calling sounds to me, kind of like the adults in the Charlie Brown cartoons!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Skip for pointing me to the newspaper comments. My monitor stinks. I gave up on the encryption rejects. Glad you liked it enough to quote. That's why I wrote the article so folks could have a little chuckle about the word "xenophobia."

Looservillelabor

Glad you liked the article. I agree that the thick-skinned don’t need it, but it’s pretty easy to be thick-skinned at a distance. In the last few months I’ve had to defend these personal attacks in the newspaper against our own Republican county chair. When I was looking for folks to interview for the story, you know who first came to his defense? The Democratic (Blue Dog) county chair!

When I was looking for folks to interview for the story, you know who first came to his defense? The Democratic (Blue Dog) county chair!
    Good to hear that.

I think it's good to learn this terminology; I think that most of the people who throw out the "xenophobia" accusation don't even know what it really means.

I don't consider wanting to preserve this country's language and culture to be xenophobic. I appreciate other cultures and think that the blending of cultures in the US makes it interesting. However, there's a difference between blending in and overwhelming and dominating. According to the pro-illegals, if you resist being overwhelmed, you are being xenophobic.

I do find a lot of the pro-illegals to be hypocrites in more than one way, though. For example, they will call anti-illegals "xenophobes and racists." My concern about illegal immigration is how it negatively affects Americans of all ethnic descent and races and how it affects the future of this country.

On the other hand, most of the pro-illegals I have interacted with are only concerned with illegal immigration because a lot of the illegals share their ethnicity. They are not thinking about the best interests of the country as a whole. So, you've got the pro-illegals who are only concerned with their ethnic group and could care less what happens to the country as long as they get their raza in vs. the anti-illegals who are concerned with Americans of all ethnicities and races and how illegal immigration affects them and the country at large. Which one is the xenophobe and racist?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast