ALIPAC Note: Please forward and post Jim's message today and please check out the audio files on his website from the Oct 3 radio interviews at

Dear Voter,

Ever since you helped convince me to run for Congress, all of our work has been geared up for this day. Election Day.

Topics: JIM GILCHRIST, election day, campaigns, Republican, Democrat, Congress, illegal immigration

We have all joined together in this effort. I am very grateful for your hard work of walking precincts with me throughout Orange County, and attending the candidate forums and meetings. I thank you for the personal phone calls you've made to so many of your neighbors. We could never have gotten to this day without the generous financial support you have give my campaign, enabling me to reach out to still more voters through our events, mail, television, and radio.

But now, today -- Tuesday, October 4 -- between 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM, I need you to go to the polls and cast your vote.

Our campaign in defense of our national security, our national sovereignty, and our national identity is off to a great start. I know you welcome with me this first step empowering the voters of Orange County to send Washington an unequivocal message about our border crisis. Now is the time to make clear to our leaders how urgent the issue of illegal immigration has become in our neighborhoods.

From all my conversations with the people of the 48th Congressional District, it is crystal clear that they realize the huge influx of illegal migrants not only exposes America to organized crime and terrorists, it also dangerously overburdens our public and social services, our hospitals, our schools, our criminal justice system. Unchecked, the real costs of our porous borders will increasingly imperil and bankrupt the taxpayers in California and throughout our country.

Today is the day that we take America's problems of uncontrolled illegal immigration and lax border security from the streets of California to the career politicians in Washington. This is our opportunity to make a difference.

If you haven't yet joined my campaign, I hope you do so. Casting your vote for my candidacy will help change the way the political elites of both major parties think in America. We must show them that by joining together and remaining independent of their petty partisan squabbles, we can transform the war zone that our borders and cities have become, and temper the way political business is done in DC. True leaders like GOP Congressman Tom Tancredo, who has generously endorsed me in this race, are determined to get more like minded-people into the halls of Congress to tackle this crisis.

Let's get that process underway today, by making sure that our agenda -- and my candidacy -- are put before the people of the 48th District with a full hearing in December. To achieve this victory, I need your vote today.

Since this Special Election has been so rushed, and such a low turnout is expected, some of our regular polling places are not open today. That is why it is important that you go to this web site -- http://www.ocvote.com/polling/polling.htm -- and select your zip code, street, and street number to find your specific Polling Place or Sample Ballot Information. Remember that polls are open from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM today.

As we conclude this opening phase of our shared efforts to challenge the status quo, I want to say thank you. In fact, I want to show my appreciation by inviting you to celebrate with our campaign team after the polls close at 8:00 PM. Please stop by Players Sports Grill at 24401 Ridge Route Dr. in Laguna Hills -- just off Moulton Parkway. You can find directions to the event on their web page at http://www.psgrill.com/

As we go forward to the General Election to be held December 6, I will once again be calling on your help. But I hope that you will turn your enthusiasm right now into action by casting a vote for me today, and later this evening I hope you will join us as we celebrate our initial victory of the campaign.

Please keep Sandy and me in your prayers. It is a privilege to fight for you, and for America, in the battle to solve our illegal immigration and border security crisis.

God bless you, God bless America.

Jim Gilchrist

Please send this message to all your friends in California's 48th District.

Paid for and authorized by Gilchrist for Congress

Gilchrist for Congress
PO Box 295, Lake Forest, CA 92609
E-mail: contact@jimgilchrist.com
Phone: 949-588-VOTE (8683)
Fax: 949-462-9066

http://www.alipac.us/article776.html