Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Today I learned something

This morning on a talk radio show out of Chicago...a legal mexican citizen called in. They had been doing part of their show on that letter to Bush about wanting to take their family to Mexico. At any rate the caller was mad. Their family had discussed that very letter over their Easter dinner. She claimed it was "racist" as anyone would expect. So the host took it step by step through each issue. The caller didn't have a leg to stand on. What I learned though, is they feel they are paying taxes when they pay the state taxes on goods and services. That's why they so strongly say we pay taxes. And of course the call ended with the usual , America stole the land.............
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What I learned though, is they feel they are paying taxes when they pay the state taxes on goods and services. That's why they so strongly say we pay taxes. And of course the call ended with the usual , America stole the land.............
    Groan! What a half-truth. We pay taxes because we pay them on our purchases! Si?

No, you moron! There are OTHER taxes like income taxes - federal income tax and, in some states, a state-imposed income tax.

Crazybird, you said a legal Mexican called in. Didn't you mean to say "illegal?"

Where's the letter you refer to posted? I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks

No...she said she was legal. She said her parents were legal and she was born here. But she's got her own children now and it very well could be her parents were from the first amnesty fiasco. There wasn't clarification on that issue. But it was clear she felt like she shouldn't even be considered an immigrant by any standards since she was on her land we stole from them. And to think they are at their Easter dinner continuing the story to their children on how America stole their land.

I just thought it was humorous that tax on goods and services were considered enough. If that was the only tax....I wouldn't mind, but it's a small part.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MR. PRESIDENT, I'M HEADED TO MEXICO

Dear President Bush:
    I'm about to plan a little trip with my family and extended family,
    and I would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk across
    the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a few
    arrangements. I know you can help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports,
    immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the
    same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy,
    President Vicente Fox, that I'm on my way over? Please let him know
    that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.
    2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need,
    whether I use them or not.
    3. All government forms need to be printed in English.
    4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.
    5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
    6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the
    flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.
    7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and
    lunch.
    8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy
    access to government services.
    9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any
    effort to learn local traffic laws.
    10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the
    memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all
    police officers speak English.
    11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decals
    on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not
    want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
    12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes,
    and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.
    13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice
    and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might
    place on the economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these
    things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico. I am
    sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask him
    nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quail
    hunting with your V.P.

Thank you so much for your kind help.

Sincerely, John Q. Public

LegalUSCitizen
    ALIPAC Super Hero

This is the letter, I was refering to that they talked about on the radio.

Yeah, I've come to understand that a lot of illegals think that paying sales tax means they are paying taxes. But think about it. We all know many of these "taxpayers" claim the max number of dependents to avoid withholding. Then, when they file their "income tax" return they end up qualifying for the EIC or some other form of tax credit and end up making money by NOT PAYING TAXES. How often do you figure an illegal fairly computes their family's taxes, sees that they owe $1,000 and actually pays this money they OWE the government--i.e. the people of the US who fund their illegal endeavor? I'll bet not often. Oh, and don't even get me started about program eligibility for food stamps and welfare, etc. when they live with 20 people in a house in addition to not paying taxes.....

So, please when they tell you they pay taxes, press them on it. I'll bet you'll find they are not "PAYING TAXES" in a manner with which you and I would be familiar.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Thats for sure......I just thought the feeble reasoning behind their claim was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Thats for sure......I just thought the feeble reasoning behind their claim was funny.
    The propoganda machine is feeding them that line. They couldn't be THAT stupid, could they? .. to believe sales tax equates to federal income tax.

Got me, but that woman on the radio firmly beleived the illegals were doing their fair share in the tax system.

That whole logic about them paying taxes drives me batty. Yes, they do have to pay sales tax where it is applicable, but here is what is so flawed or just not being discussed...

1) If the person is illegal that means they do not have proper identification.

2) If they do have identification (a tax number) then the identification is illegal. Now we are talking about breaking another law in which, I a citizen, would be in a lot of trouble for.

3) If they do not have proper identification then they are either commiting fraud and paying taxes, or they are being paid cash.

So they may be actually paying taxes on their wages, but in the process they are committing a felony. Every time I hear that they pay income taxes I just cringe. How can someone without any identification be be paying taxes? They can only be paying them by identity theft or with fraudulent federal documentation.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Exactly......but rest assured, they are going to do a background on these illegals and fix the problem of fraudulent papers by giving them tamper proof green cards, etc.

It's disgusting and a disgrace.