Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TODAY - We the people boycott

Join the We The People Boycott!

www.wethepeopleboycott.org

"On the last day of each and every month, do not spend any money. Do not buy gas, do not eat out, do not go to the grocery store, and do not make any bank deposits unless absolutely necessary. Do not contribute to the economy in any way. Plan ahead, buy essentials, bring lunch to work, and do everything in your power to not spend money for one day a month.
    The idea is to produce a noticeable dip in the overall economy one day a month by denying business and industry our collective spending power. This will not have a negative impact on the economy but that is not the purpose of the boycott. Our goal is to get noticed and make those who yield power start listening and responding to those who elected them into office - We The People!

Before the Last Day of the Month, Prepare!

Stock up on groceries and any other essential needs.
    Gas up the car and get any required vehicle maintenance done.
    Pick up your dry-cleaning and do your laundry.
    Get any necessary prescriptions filled.
    Do any banking or other financial transactions you need done.
    On the Last Day of Every Month, Don't Spend!

Don't spend money in any business.
    Don't buy, trade or sell stocks, bonds or commodities.
    Don't deposit any money in your bank account.
    If the boycott falls on a work day, drive only to and from work.
    If the boycott falls on a day off, stay home with friends and family.
    Use as little electricity and heating/cooking fuel as possible.
    Don't go out to eat, go to the movies or to any other form of entertainment.
    Please Read: More Actions You Can Take

I appreciate what they are trying to do, but this kind of boycott will have no impact on companies or the issue.

The major problems with this approach are that...

1. It has no real financial pain for the companies boycotted.

2. The companies do not even know what they are being boycotted for.

3. All companies and services are boycotted even those that do not support illegal immigration which removes any incentive for companies not to engage in that behavior.

4. Any impact of a boycott like this would be incredibly hard for anyone to measure or observe in any way. Even the media would have trouble visualizing this.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Other than limited successes (such as with Miller Brewing Co. last year), boycotting companies which hire illegal aliens has not proven very successful except at local levels.
    Say what?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can anyone find who these people are? I went to the About Us section and it did not identify a single individual known to the movement.

This boycott plan they are floating is absolutely juvenile. They say their plan is to capture the attention of "Economists who follow daily trends"

What a waste of time. We need to find out who is trying to distract our movement and waste activist time and energy with something like this.

I'm also wondering why there is a boycott site popping up when nobody in the National Boycott Coalition that I am aware of has been contacted about this.

I'm all for boycotts if they are structured well and are designed for success.

Miller Brewing's sales were down in the US the last time I checked and we made history by getting over 100+ organizations together on that.

This site and ridiculous description of not buying something on one day a month is both bizarre and obviously ineffective.

W

http://givemeliberty.org/

Well hope this helps if not...well I guess... what can I say...I do my personal boycotts of places like Walmart...It may be retarded to some but I must...
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

April
    Very cute avatar Red Badger......is that you and your loved one hugging?

You caught us... Yes it is my dear one... and may I say that your Avatar is completely beautiful
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    http://givemeliberty.org/

Well hope this helps if not...well I guess... what can I say...I do my personal boycotts of places like Walmart...It may be retarded to some but I must...
    Doing personal boycotts of companies that support illegal aliens is a great idea especially when a broader boycott might take place.

This kind of general non consumer boycott is useless and someone tried one two years ago that fell flat.

W

Yes.... thank you for the info... I see what you mean...and you having been doing this longer than me...but I can take you in checkers :P

April
    You make a very cute couple. Thanks, my avatar represents my favorite hobby. It is very fun, awe inspiring and peaceful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast