Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TODAY'S LETTER OF THE DAY, NORTH COUNTY TIMES

LETTERS: NCT, April 5, 2009
    By Readers of the North County Times
    San Diego and SW Riverside County, California
    Sunday, April 5, 2009 12:09 AM PDT

Economic victims of illegal immigrant labor

Bureau of Labor Statistics (February 2009): 2.6 million unemployed Hispanic Americans; an unemployment rate of 12 percent. That's approximately 1.7 million men and 900,000 women. ... BLS also shows the unemployment rate among U.S.-born Hispanic young adults with high school diplomas is 13.6 percent; 40.3 percent among U.S.-born Hispanic teens (age 16-17).

Other victims are 1.6 million unemployed, less-educated, young adult Americans having only a high school diploma who are looking for work but unable to find any kind of job. Of the young adults, a recent study shows that 291,000 of them are looking for a full-time job and have had to settle for part-time hours. Another 477,000 teens (16-17) are unemployed and actively seeking jobs (http://www.cis.org/December2008Unemployment).

Recent studies show that the poor, particularly people with only a high school diploma or less, have a net cost to the U.S. Treasury of $20,000 per year. The dropout rate for children of illegals, including those born in the U.S., is roughly 50 percent. The Census Bureau says within 40 years, at current rates of immigration, the U.S. population will increase by 140 million. America's current unfunded liabilities are nearly $60 trillion (http://www.heritage.org/research/immigr ... 52107a.cfm).

That's before the current financial chaos. Who's going to pay?

Brandon

Oceanside

LETTERS: NCT, April 5, 2009

California Citizen April 5, 2009 1:36PM PST

By the way I am now unemployed. You may remember me as Skip. MVet, Gary in Murrieta, or a host of other names. I believe in speaking my mind on Illegal Immigration, City Politics, and the direction our country is heading. Maybe I am too negative, because people keep calling me a hater, racist, a Mexican hater, Obama hater, and a host of other names. For all of the people who know me that is just unfair and untrue. I just served 21 years in the military and now I am the one between a rock and a hard place. My children are still in private school, my house payments are still coming and the state of California is taxing us to death. I could fill up this whole page on how we have eliminated all but critical spending in our family. I fully expect that the NCT will ban me again, but I have been blogging in this paper for over 5 years now and they cannot get rid of me that easy. I am a resident of North County. Thank You

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2009/04 ... 7f56d3.txt