Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I see some U.S. flags likely bought at Costco by the corporate funders of this march. Anyone see foreign flags?

And I wouldn't trust the number from Noorani. Right now I'm reading "thousands" or "tens of thousands" which would be significantly fewer than the 2006 and later amnesty marches.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Basically what I'm hearing from the Invasion on America is that they think because they come from somewhere on the American Continents that they are Americans. And they are there to defend their people.

Notice they packed the stage area with American flags.

One thing is for sure, I don't want people like that in my country. I've seen all I need to see.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This excerpt from Politico:

Barney Frank: 'Mass hysteria' on Capitol Hill
    3/21/10 1:51 PM EDT

...But Tea Partiers don't necessarily own the Capitol lawn today.

While Tea Partiers flew American flags and sang""God bless America" and "We shall overcome" — the anthem of the civil rights movement — a major immigration rally unfolded on the National Mall.

The two groups have not directly clashed, but as they loomed close to one another, tensions ran high.

Immigration reformers had been planning the march for some time to pressure the Obama administration to address immigration reform as he had promised in his campaign. Many were young and rowdy, chanting "Obama, escucha! Estamos en la lucha!"

Cries of "Si se puede!" Clashed with "Kill the bill!" across the National Mall.

But most of the attention was focused on the Tea Party, whose protest on the hill yesterday and rush towards the Rayburn building created some serious moments of tension for Capitol Police and lawmakers. Out of Saturday's clash came accusations that some Tea Partiers yelled racial and homophobic epithets at lawmakers. Lawmakers of both parties condemned the attacks on Sunday.

One Tea Parter protester stuck a bullhorn in a POLITICO reporter's face, and chanted "media bias!"

On the fringes of the crowd on Sunday, protesters squabbled with what they said were Service Employees International Union members.

Some Tea Party organizers were warning protesters not to engage counter demonstrators.

"We do not want to engage with them if they come up" said Mary Beth Martin.

The crowd, which looked smaller today, was still planning to pressure wavering Democrats in their offices.

"We're going to Dahlkemper's office again and again and again," one protester said, of Pennsylvania Democrat Kathy Dahlkemper, an anti-abortion Democrat who is undecided.

"And when she votes for it?" "We'll go again?" his daughter asked with a hint of exasperation.

Martin warned the crowd not to let accusations of racism cloud the debate. "That's not what we're about. we're about three things: fiscal accountability, constitutionally limited government and free government," she said.

The stew of passions from disperate demographics and political interests promised to make this a tense Sunday -- hours ahead of the House health care vote.

"Those are the Tea Party movement" said one immigration reformer leading a crowd of young people across the street. "Obama is afraid of them...well we're going to tell him he needs to be afraid of us, because he's not making enough change right now!"

Across the street from the immigration protesters, Tea Partiers were yelling " free people not slaves!" One rallier told the crows if signs were not in English they should be dismissed. "If we can't read it we don't need it," he said, to audience.

"Obama, god is watching you," an immigration reformer screamed.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/03 ... z0iq1nQj2S

"Those are the Tea Party movement" said one immigration reformer leading a crowd of young people across the street. "Obama is afraid of them...well we're going to tell him he needs to be afraid of us, because he's not making enough change right now!"
    More threats from these militant illegal invaders! These are the people demanding amnesty!The only change you deserve is a one way ticket out of this country!

Where the hell is ICE!

More threats from these militant illegal invaders! These are the people demanding amnesty!The only change you deserve is a one way ticket out of this country!

Where the hell is ICE!

3:15

raylab:
    Now taking the stage, Deepak Bhargava fom the Center for Community Change. The new estimate of the crowd is over 200,000 people! My mind is blown. This is the largest mobilization on any issue since Barack Obama became President.

3:19

raylab:
    Janet Murguia of NCLR is introducing members of Congress including Rep. Nydia Velazquez, Rep. Joe Baca, Rep. Grace Napolitano, Rep. Grijalva, Rep. Celado, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, Rep. Zoe Lofgren, Rep. Lucille Royball, Rep. Grayson, Rep. Joe Crowley, Rep Becerra.

3:20

raylab:
    Now the members of Congress themselves are chanting 'si se puede' - YES!
    Sunday March 21, 2010 3:20 raylab
    3:21

raylab:
    On a side note, I was just informed there are even people standing on top of the hundreds of port-a-potties lining the Mall to wave signs and chant with the crowd. People are raising their voices in some pretty creative ways today.

Now the members of Congress themselves are chanting 'si se puede' - YES!
    Sunday March 21, 2010 3:20 raylab
    I think i'm going to be sick!

raylab:
    On a side note, I was just informed there are even people standing on top of the hundreds of port-a-potties lining the Mall to wave signs and chant with the crowd. People are raising their voices in some pretty creative ways today. Smile
    From a heap of crap comes a foul stench.

Dixie

The exaggerated numbers are in!!!

Immigration rally draws thousands to Washington

Tens of thousands of people turned out on Washington's National Mall on Sunday to support the Obama administration in its next big battle, a renewed effort to overhaul U.S. immigration laws.

"You are a spectacular sight," Ali Noorani, chairman of the coalition that organized the demonstration, told the crowd. Noorani said the rally had drawn more than 150,000 people "from across the country, and we are demanding comprehensive immigration reform now."

Noorani's figure could not be verified immediately, but the crowd packed more than two blocks of the Mall between the Capitol and the Washington Monument.

(Truncated)

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/21/im ... ashington/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast