Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Todays progressive lib rally was a joke

they had 400 orgs and couldn't even come close to equaling what Beck did

-----------------------------------
    WASHINGTON (AP) - Thousands of people flocked to the Lincoln Memorial for a rally Saturday organized by labor and civil rights groups, hoping to show support for the Democratic agenda in the face of expected GOP election gains next month.

More than 400 organizations, including faith, environmental and gay rights groups, sponsored the "One Nation Working Together" demonstration on the same end of the National Mall where a month ago tea party activists met to hear conservative commentator Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin.

"We're here to show the rest of the country that there are people who support the progressive agenda," said Ken Bork, who came from Camas, Wash. But he acknowledged that Republicans are enjoying an advantage heading toward the Nov. 2 election that will determine whether Democrats retain control of Congress.

"There may be an enthusiasm gap, but we're not going to know until we have an election," Bork said. "A lot of the noise from the extreme right-wing stuff, it's been well orchestrated by big money. But it's not as bad as they're making it out."

(AP) Activists gather at the Lincoln Memorial to participate in the "One Nation Working Together" rally...
    Full Image
    There were people with union T-shirts and others participants who carried banners advocating expanding Medicare for all Americans. While the Beck rally stretched well down the National Mall, Saturday's event was shaping up to be far smaller, with sparse groups lingering around the reflecting pool and other monuments.

Some people described the event as a counter-protest to the Beck rally. Many mentioned the perceived racism they see among the tea party-style activists, even though no one who spoke at the Beck rally neared anything approaching criticism of President Barack Obama or his race.

"He can't get anything done. It's just wrong," said Shelley Casala, who came from Fort Wayne, Ind.

She said Democrats need to look at the rally, take heart and govern from a liberal platform. "Democrats are too afraid of losing their job," she said. "We will have their back if they have ours."

With a month of campaigning to go and voter unhappiness high, the Democratic-leaning groups sponsoring the One Nation rally hoped the four-hour program of speeches and entertainment would unify activists who are crucial if Democrats are to keep power on Capitol Hill.

(AP) Workers prepare the stage as activists gather at the Lincoln Memorial in the nation's capital to...
    Full Image
    Republicans are hoping to ride voter anger to victories in the November congressional elections and regain control of the House and possibly the Senate.

Organizers insisted the rally wasn't partisan and said the message was about job creation, quality education and justice. However, the largest of the organizers, such as the AFL-CIO and the Service Employees International Union, tend to back Democratic candidates.

A month ago, Beck and former Alaska Gov. Palin gathered near the Lincoln Memorial on the anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech to urge a vast crowd to embrace what they consider traditional values. Though also billed as nonpolitical, the rally was widely viewed as a protest against the policies of President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats.

One Nation organizers said that they began planning their event before learning about Beck's rally and that their march is not in reaction to it.

Obama was spending the weekend at Camp David, the presidential retreat in Maryland.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20101002/D9IJLNU00.html

----------------------------------------------------------
    ". While the Beck rally stretched well down the National Mall, Saturday's event was shaping up to be far smaller, with sparse groups lingering around the reflecting pool and other monuments."

400 orgs? and they couldn't equal one Fox commentator and ex Gov?

"We're here to show the rest of the country that there are people who support the progressive agenda,"
    He ment to say, "e're here to show the rest of the country that there are very few people who support the progressive agenda,"

Yea, not so many. Sorry! Majority Rules.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They are wasting their time while thier "dear leader" relaxed at Camp David. What a joke.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I think its hilarious , 400 orgs , The commies, afl cio, la raza, seiu, naacp and a bunch of others and they couldn't come close to what Beck did for what amounted to an American feel good / religious values rally

The idiot progressives can go pound sand

Beck blew their doors off

"There may be an enthusiasm gap, but we're not going to know until we have an election," Bork said. "A lot of the noise from the extreme right-wing stuff, it's been well orchestrated by big money. But it's not as bad as they're making it out."
    BIG MONEY = SEIU and AFL-CIO.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

i enjoyed fighting them online , i went to HUF PO .. and fought them page after comment page the entire day ... i only had ONE issue , progressive support for illegal immgration ... and it's the one issue that divides their party ....they deleted MANY of my comments because they don't want to truth to be heard ... in the end i was banned from commenting , but that was ONLY at the end of the day , after the end of the fight ...

in the end , i'd say i gave better than i got .... fighting is fun !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marquis
    i enjoyed fighting them online , i went to HUF PO .. and fought them page after comment page the entire day ... i only had ONE issue , progressive support for illegal immgration ... and it's the one issue that divides their party ....they deleted MANY of my comments because they don't want to truth to be heard ... in the end i was banned from commenting , but that was ONLY at the end of the day , after the end of the fight ...

One thing I've noticed about the huffing post is that we do have some support there for our position

Quote Originally Posted by marquis

Good for you Marquis

You understand what is really happening in our country and being armed with this knowledge always make a great debator against most people who just listen to and are being lied to by tv news or liberal papers.

Hopefully you enlightened a few people today.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Sheesh, and sigh. I looked at most of the groups involved. Sheesh and sigh.
    I don't think they would let me play in their sand box. Thank God.
    No way in hell. "One Nation Working Together"? More like "Let Our Tax Payer
    Funded Septic Sludge Further Our Filth Ridden Agenda's" Rally.

I'd guess half the crowd or more were bused in at no cost to themselves.

Their Mindset:

It's free? I'll take it! Pay my own way? Screw that!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast