Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by slyhunter
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    Dr. Paul’s Writings › The Immigration Question
    [Email this] [Print this] Summary:
    Does his voting history match his writings?
    Not in my world
    Can someone answer my original question without the trolls misdirecting.

Did Tom Tancredo Draft Dodge?
    Why didn't you simply "Google: Tancredo and draft-dodging" yourself and included the answer in your original post instead of trying to be a smart-ass.
    Why is your advice directed towards me, which is sound advice - but not anybody else who posts these same type of threads when they are not in support of those you like?

This is the type of 'lameness' we contend with everyday by others... yet I have yet to see you come out in defense of that. Perhaps if we had a little more even-handedness, there would be no need for things such as this.

Tancredo

According to a Denver Post article:

After graduating from the University of Northern Colorado in June 1969, he became eligible to serve in Vietnam. Tancredo said he went for his physical, telling doctors he'd been treated for depression, and eventually got a "1-Y" deferment.

Not in my world

Did Tom draft dodge? I suppose it all depends upon how one chooses to look at it. Personally, I don't believe he did.

I think that he answered a question honestly in the course of filling out paperwork and it is now being used against him.....either to imply that he evaded the draft or as an attempt to display that he is unfit for office.

My own personal opinion is that he didn't dodge the draft. Nor do I believe that he is mentally ill since depression and anxiety are both very common in teenagers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not in my world

Why didn't you simply "Google: Tancredo and draft-dodging" yourself and included the answer in your original post instead of trying to be a smart-ass.
    Why is your advice directed towards me, which is sound advice - but not anybody else who posts these same type of threads when they are not in support of those you like?

This is the type of 'lameness' we contend with everyday by others... yet I have yet to see you come out in defense of that. Perhaps if we had a little more even-handedness, there would be no need for things such as this.
    I'm not omnipetent. I don't post in every thread much less read them all. I posted when and where I wanted to. If it's sound advice then it doesn't matter whether or not I posted the same advice in another thread because in this thread we are talking about this topic. I don't think this threads topic was what we should be posting in other threads. And if you think this advice should be posted in other threads then post them there instead of expecting me to do it.

Ok,

I'm stepping in here now. This is no way for people to be talking about candidates that favor our cause.

Brightnail, if you plan to continue posting here about candidates, we are going to expect you and everyone else to put the gloves on and triple the respect level.

People here can disagree but calling people that are fighting for our cause names will NOT be tolerated here.

I am singling this post out because I just spotted it. Im sure there are others so everyone spare me the "they started it" posts and PMs.

I get to read very little of these boards anymore due to my other duties and it is very disappointing to see this kind of madness brewing on our site.

Everyone, please chill for a bit, see my post in Gen Disc.

ALL MODS, PLEASE LOCK ANY PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE DEBATE POSTS MADE IN THE NEXT 48 HOURS While we STOP OUR OTHER IMPORTANT PROJECTS, PUT THEM ON HOLD, BACK UP FIVE STEPS AND SEE WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO HAVE FREE DEBATE HERE BUT INCREASE THE DIGNITY LEVEL OF THESE DISCUSSIONS.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If this was true, and I am assuming it is, Depression at that time was not viewed the same way we view it today. With all the advances in medicine and pharmaceuticals since then, Depression today is manageable. Back then, it wasn't, and that is why the military X'd Tancredo.

Today, the SSI agency accepts certain forms of mental illness as disabilites, and they pay out to these people. It is a valid illness that can incapacitate people to the point of inaction. Thank God Tancredo's illness was not as debilitating and that he was able to recover from it.

Whatever the case, the more important thing now is HOW IS THE PERSON NOW? The past is the past. People can change. Depression is a treatable affliction. I don't hold that against Tancredo at all. He found treatment and is the better for it. (Thank God for us) He is one of millions of Americans with that affliction. But today, Tancredo is LUCID AND CLEAR. He spouts common sense and no one can deny his PATRIOTISM.

Let's not spread unwarranted rumors. Give the man some peace and let's respect his medical history, which we all would want for ourselves. It's not like he is a liar -- he told the truth. Depression is not a immoral; it is not like he has a drinking or gambling or womanizing problem.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

[quote=slyhunter]
    Quote Originally Posted by "magyart":w47o5i6b
    Not in my world

I'm not omnipetent. I don't post in every thread much less read them all. I posted when and where I wanted to. If it's sound advice then it doesn't matter whether or not I posted the same advice in another thread because in this thread we are talking about this topic. I don't think this threads topic was what we should be posting in other threads. And if you think this advice should be posted in other threads then post them there instead of expecting me to do it.[/quote:w47o5i6b]

Because you have posted in threads that followed this same formula. Posting of questionable items, that might be true - but does nothing but smear. There is no expectaton, only consistency. My point was, let there be consistency.

brightnail, must you alwasy be so contrary? I have noticed that you like to incite scurrilous (sp?) debate. In fact, I have taken to skipping over your posts.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12