Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Toronto Mayor: No Reason to Have Guns at Home

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/au ... reason.htm

Toronto Mayor: No Reason to Have Guns at Home

National Post/James Cowan | August 17 2005

Gun owners in Toronto may soon be prohibited from keeping their firearms at home even if they are properly licensed and registered, Mayor David Miller said yesterday.

"There's no reason to own a gun in Toronto -- collector or not. If you are a collector and you have a permit, the guns need to be stored in a way that they can't be stolen. And perhaps a centralized facility of some kind could accomplish that goal," Mr. Miller told the National Post. "The law requires gun owners to have proper storage, but obviously not everyone adheres to that."

Following a spate of shootings in Toronto, the Mayor has asked city lawyers and the police to determine whether the municipality has the "legal ability" to require individuals to store their weapons at a secure facility such as a gun club.

"It's a very serious issue and I don't have all the answers to it, but I've spoken to the [Police] Chief as well as our own legal department to see what we can do," Mr. Miller said.

The Mayor has repeatedly blamed lax gun laws in the United States for some of Toronto's violence, saying half of the firearms in the city originated in the United States.

While pressing the federal government to stem the smuggling of guns across the border, Mr. Miller said steps must also be taken steps to address domestic gun problems.

"I understand there was one theft from a collector two years ago, where some of the guns were recovered after being used in murders in Toronto," he said.

Police have also speculated a theft in June of 46 handguns, along with three rifles and ammunition, from a collector in Port Hope, 100 kilometres east of the city, has contributed to the recent increase in shootings.

Mr. Miller noted several U.S. cities such as Chicago have passed ordinances restricting handgun ownership. But legal gun owners argue the new rules would only make life simpler for criminals.

"It would just put all the firearms in one place so they could all be stolen at one time," said Eric Greer of the Ontario Arms Collectors Association. "That would be a wonderful thing."

Mr. Greer added the Mayor's proposal would not prevent criminals from acquiring weapons, noting Canada enacted its first handgun registry in 1934.

"It hasn't made one iota of difference. And the reason is the people that registered their handguns don't commit the crimes. The people who commit crimes don't register their guns. It's as simple as that," he said.

Other gun owners said they are tired of being conflated with murderers and thieves.

"There are legal gun owners all over Ontario who don't go around brandishing their guns, who go through the whole rigamarole to get licensed properly," said Bill, a member of the Maple Leaf Revolver Club, who asked his last name not be used citing safety concerns. "The Mayor's not thinking properly."

He added most gun owners would support tough sentences for individuals caught using firearms to commit a crime.

"At most of the clubs, you will hear people say, 'Arrest the guy, look at the law and if the law says to throw him away for five years or 10 years, do it,' " the gun owner said.

Mr. Miller agreed the courts must be more stringent, noting individuals caught with weapons currently are routinely released on bail.

"If somebody has a gun, that's illegal, whether or not they've shot it should be irrelevant. They should be treated like they've shot it and tried to kill somebody," he said. "So when they come to court, they shouldn't get out. They should be kept in court until they're tried."
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I guess the US will be doing the same soon. I guess those on the border can forget about protecting themselves against the drug runners and gangs that are constantly raping and killing on the border.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

They will have to come to my house to "collect" mine if it ever goes that far.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He blames the US gun laws for crime in his city????
    What about his city's lax enforcment of their own drug laws?
    What about his city allowing a serial killer to run wild and kill upwards of 30 women?
    What about the hookers conducting their business right outside of the Toronto police station.

I guess thats all the fualt of the United States lax gun laws too
    Lt. Col. North Carolina Confederate Militia

And somebody said I was telling conspiracy theory stuff today. It is sad how many children are left without a mind.

[quote="jp_48504"]And somebody said I was telling conspiracy theory stuff today. It is sad how many children are left without a mind.

Conspiracy theory? Actually its froma dectives show I saw one one of the cable channles this past weekend. Willie was found and a couple dozen bodies were found in mass graves.
    Really want to see something... Type Toronto serial killings into googlel and read the few hundred news articles the search finds.

here allow me.....

Go to Google Home
    Web Images Groups News Froogle Local more »
    Advanced Search
    Preferences
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 126,000 for toronto serial killings. (0.07 seconds)

SERIAL KILLERS
    Possible Toronto Serial Killer (3) On May 23, 1996 police linked the consecutive
    murders of three prostitutes, sparking fears that a serial killer is loose ...
    www.greatdreams.com/serial-killer.htm - 365k - Cached - Similar pages

Toronto news: Serial killer sought
    ... sparking fears that a serial killer is loose on Toronto streets. ... "I guess
    we have a serial killer on our hands?" a reporter asked. ...
    www.walnet.org/csis/news/toronto_96/torstar-960523.html - 9k - Aug 17, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, Serial Killer and Rapist Team - The ...
    You are in: SERIAL KILLERS/MOST NOTORIOUS ... Initially, several Toronto detectives
    interviewed Karla for almost five hours. By the kinds of questions they ...
    www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/not ... tml?sect=1 - 84k - Cached - Similar pages

Paul Bernardo & Karla Homolka, Serial Killer and Rapist Team - The ...
    You are in: SERIAL KILLERS/PARTNERS IN CRIME ... All of this was before the
    Toronto police had the forensic evidence to convict Paul as the Scarborough ...
    Researching Serial Murder:
    Methodologial and Definitional Problems
    Egger says a series of killings may be classified as serial murder when: ...
    Toronto: Penguin Books. Dietz, Mary Lorenz. (1996) "Killing Sequentially: ...
    www.sociology.org/content/vol003.002/hinch.html - 40k - Aug 17, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

Serial Killers
    The United States produces more serial killers than other country. Experts say
    the motives of serial killers are personal. Learn more about what we know ...
    www.karisable.com/crserial1.htm - 61k - Cached - Similar pages

Serial Killer Crime Library * profiling * serial murder * serial ...
    Recent Serial Killer News. Serial Killers from History. ... 2004/04/13: MOORE
    Douglas, Toronto, CANADA. Teen linked to suspected serial killer ...
    www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_news/ - 86k - Cached - Similar pages

serial killer true crime library * serial killer news * list of ...
    serial killer true crime library lists more than 2000 serial killers from more
    than 70 countries featuring ... TORONTO SUBWAY Killer, CANADA ... ... ... 6+ ...
    www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_index/xserienkiller_t.htm - 89k - Cached - Similar pages

Karla Homolka- A Serial Killer Afraid of Abandonment
    Karla Homolka, one of Canada’s best known serial killers, ... Serial Killers are
    not known though for caring too much about their victims… let alone their ...
    www.canadafreepress.com/2005/kmarsala070805.htm - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

640 Toronto
    Current Replies for Not all serial killers r white Males ... a increasing handgun
    problem in Toronto that claims mostly Black males and ...
    els.fimc.net/cfyi/messageboard/default.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=466&tid=1065 42 - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

©2005 Google

Conspiracy??? Children left without a mind????
    Tisk, tisk.

Never say anything you can't back up.
    Lt. Col. North Carolina Confederate Militia

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    They will have to come to my house to "collect" mine if it ever goes that far.

W
    They will have to take my guns off my cold dead hands! This is nothing more than a Liberal that wants to supercede Federal law and is nothing more than a pro UN person that wants to take our rights to bear arms away.

We need to rise up and bear our arms agains those that wish to take our contiutional right away.

Pro

Meanwhile the mayor is probably protected day and night 24/7/365 by armed cops paid for by the taxpayers.

Did I mention that when Rudy Giulani was NYC mayor his security detail numbered over 20 NYPD detectives? 3 or 4 I could understand but 20?