Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Like they say, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

I read this:

Don't freak out. I'm in Oklahoma, the so called land of "toughest US measure against illegal immigration" which on paper is even worse than what's proposed in South Carolina, as it makes harboring or transporting an illegal immigrant a crime. Guess what? Two weeks in, the law is obviously a joke. Law enforcement across the state hates the bill and many say they have little plans on enforcing, religious groups are boycotting the law, and the most news coverage lately is the fact that due to the law if a person does not renew their drivers license at a tag agent before it expires, they have to go to a testing facility and prove they are a legal. It was all fun and games when they thought it would get rid of wetbacks, who cares if immigrating "the right way" is generally impossible or could take over a decade. But now that regular people have to spend a few hours in line, well that's just no acceptable.

Here-

http://www.dreamact.info/forum/about3492.html

I am not sure what to think about this comment. Except the law has only been in effect for a couple of weeks.
    I think he underestimates us Okie gringos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by slyhunter
    I like the fact that over on the "dream act" forum they are now talking more about which "other" country to immigrate to than they are talking about trying to get the dream act to pass.
    They are talking about other countries besides the one they were born in? So much for being "proud of their heritage".
    They are talking about going to English speaking countries. Since those countries have tough standards for immigration---not a porous border like the US---that would be nearly impossible, except as students. What would they do then? Overstay their visas?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345