Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TPS: Haiti's illegal immigrants given temporary protection

The Department of Homeland Security said it would offer Haitians who were here illegally before Tuesday's earthquake temporary protected status (TPS). Haiti has 100,000 people living in the US illegally.

By Michael B. Farrell Staff writer / January 15, 2010
    San Francisco
    In a move supported by both Democrats and Republicans, the Obama administration Friday extended special protection to some 100,000 Haitians living illegally in the United States that keeps them from being deported.

The Department of Homeland Security said it would offer Haitian nationals, who were already here when Tuesday’s earthquake struck, Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for 18 months. That status, which would allow them to legally work, will not cover Haitians who flee their country following the devastating 7.0 quake that resulted in as many as 50,000 deaths and left its capital, Port-au-Prince, in ruins.
    Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said it’s “tempting for people suffering in the aftermath of the earthquake to seek refuge elsewhereâ€
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Just as I have been asking with regard to a general amnesty:
    How will they be able to tell whether someone was here before the order or sneaked in after it? Desperate people lie.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    Just as I have been asking with regard to a general amnesty:
    How will they be able to tell whether someone was here before the order or sneaked in after it? Desperate people lie.
    I believe it will be just like all the other illegals here from other countries. The Gov. says they don't know who is here, how many or anything else. They don't keep track, so what would make us think they will keep track of these. I read another article tonight saying there are 1 to 2,000,000.
    Mr. Krikorian has it right I believe.

Mark Krikorian, executive director for the Center for Immigration Studies, wrote on the conservative National Review Online that once TSP is granted, it often becomes amnesty. "As far as I've been able to determine, not a single person who has ever been granted this 'temporary' status has later been deported."
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

30,000 illegal Haitians awaiting deportation.
    How long have they been stalling their deportation? They have identified 30,000 but how many more are running loose in the US?

You know they didn't identify those 30,000 within the last year. Why has it taken so long to deport them? Pretty clearly, they are letting more Haitians in than they can deport.

This is not an acceptable level of immigration enforcement. How dare they clear the visa, immigration, asylum... backlogs and leave illegal aliens just hanging out waiting for amnesty!!!!!!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How about that for "feel good" legislation?
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas