Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Transportation bill c-span NOW

http://www.c-span.org/watch/cspan2_rm.a ... V&Code=CS2

I just turned this on a few minutes ago. Kit Bond was promoting Mexican trucking saying how it helps the ag industry.

Earmarks are being discussed now.

I don't believe any votes have been taken thus far. Keep calling your Senators.

Any North Carolinians out there CALL RICHARD BURR NOW!! HIS PHONES ARE NOT BUSY AND HE HAS YET TO TAKE A POSITION ON THE DORGAN AMENDMENT!

Florida Residents

Phone lines of both Senators are open--no wait.

What I saw was about the Minnesota bridge. Is that the same amendment or earmark you're talking about?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Called and done.

An article about this transportation bill:

Senate Amendment Would Bar Funds for Mexican Truck Pilot Program

The amendment to the $104.6 billion Transportation-HUD measure (HR 3074) would bar funds from being used for a controversial Transportation Department pilot program allowing up to 100 Mexican trucking companies to operate in the United States beyond a 25-mile radius of the border.
    http://public.cq.com/docs/cqt/news110-000002581201.html

Be sure to mention the Mexican truck that exploded yesterday and killed 34. Ask them if this is what they want to bring here.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    Called and done.

An article about this transportation bill:

Senate Amendment Would Bar Funds for Mexican Truck Pilot Program

The amendment to the $104.6 billion Transportation-HUD measure (HR 3074) would bar funds from being used for a controversial Transportation Department pilot program allowing up to 100 Mexican trucking companies to operate in the United States beyond a 25-mile radius of the border.
    http://public.cq.com/docs/cqt/news110-000002581201.html

Be sure to mention the Mexican truck that exploded yesterday and killed 34. Ask them if this is what they want to bring here.
    I didn't hear about the Mexican truck.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dozens killed when dynamite-laden truck explodes in Mexico

A truck carrying explosives crashed and later burst into flames in the northern state of Coahuila on Monday, killing at least 29 people including rescue workers and journalists who had rushed to the scene, local authorities said.
    http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gnR ... DggbX-0ezg

Mexico police probe truck inferno

Police said they had not established the cause of the initial collision as everyone who had witnessed the accident had died.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6989661.stm
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    What I saw was about the Minnesota bridge. Is that the same amendment or earmark you're talking about?
    I think what you're talking about the Coburn? amendment.

It's another amendment to the same bill. The DORGAN Amendment is the one that stops federal funding for the Mexican truck pilot program for the time being. If this amendment passes, we will have MORE TIME to fight this deal.

What needs to happen is NO MORE NAFTA/CAFTA. Then there would be NO REASON, no excuse for Mexican trucks in the U.S. Period.

My line rings then it goes to busy. I wonder if this is a blocking mechanism when they talk about these issues? Of course, Feinstein and Boxer wants no descent. They want the Fairness Doctrine of course.

I can find HR 3074 but isn't that the House Version? I guess not I looked at the article again. Sorry!

Called, and will keep doing more if time allows....

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast