Dave Gibson
Immigration Reform Examiner
January 5, 2012

San Francisco, CA - On Tuesday, jury selection began in the trial of Edwin Ramos, 25, an illegal alien gang member who is charged with gunning-down three members of the same family in 2008.

On June 22, 2008, Tony Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Matthew, 16 were shot to death by as they sat in their car on a crowded street, in the city´s Excelsior District.

Ramos who is a member of the notoriously violent drug gang known as MS-13, allegedly shot the Bologna family to death because Tony Bologna had temporarily blocked the car in which Ramos was traveling, as the two cars made their way through an intersection. The Bologna men were returning home from a family barbecue.

Though in the country illegally, as a juvenile, Ramos assaulted a man on a city bus in 2003, tried to rob a pregnant woman in 2004. However, he was never deported.

Shortly after the shooting, the San Francisco Chronicle reported, Juvenile Probation Department officials failed to report Ramos to federal immigration authorities for deportation because of San Francisco´s stated sanctuary policy.

Ramos has been charged with three counts of murder, gang membership and illegal use of a firearm. If convicted, he faces life in prison.

He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Despite the Bologna family’s tragic loss, it is apparent that the far left-leaning officials in San Francisco failed to learn anything.

On June 1, 2011, San Francisco Sheriff Michael Hennessey announced that he would begin releasing illegal-alien criminals from jail, regardless of whether or not federal immigration officials have requested the inmate be held. The sheriff vowed to uphold the city’s ‘sanctuary policy,’ in direct violation of federal law.

Sheriff Hennessey stated: “I’m trying to enforce San Francisco’s city of refuge law. The city of refuge law says we are not supposed to comply with federal officials except with felonies. I’m just doing our best to enforce local law. That’s my job.”

San Francisco officials are angry because Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents have been using data obtained under the Secure Communities program to detain and deport illegal aliens arrested for misdemeanors.

According to ICE, between June 2010 and February 2011…111 illegal aliens were deported after being identified through Secure Communities in San Francisco on immigration violations alone. Another 85 illegal aliens were deported after committing misdemeanors in the city, along with 45 convicted felons.

At the time, Tom Fitton, President of Judicial Watch said of the illegal policy: “It’s an astonishing abuse of his office. I guarantee you that someone who is released by him as a result of his lawlessness will go on to commit a more serious crime. People are going to get hurt, or worse, and it will be on him.”

Unfortunately, there will undoubtedly be more tragedies in San Francisco at the hands of criminal aliens, as well as at those of city officials.

http://www.examiner.com/immigration-...sanctuary-city