Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    What exactly does it take to get the Executive Branch going here then?
    I'm not famaliar with the process. And I should be, but I'm not. I am going to assume it's going to have to be someone with alot of money to make it through the system. Stupidly I sort of figured they could jump on in when something went as crazy as some of this has.
    Right now it looks like the Congress would have to impeach down till Hastert or someone like him was in control.

If anyone knows of any other ways the Congress could assert its Constitutional authority over the Executive instead of impeachments, please let us know.

W
    Congress controls the purse strings. It could cut off funding for pet Executive programs and even withhold money for Executive payroll until the branch agrees to follow the law.

CrocketsGhost,
    If you read the post LunaLun wrote on "Response to Rep. Tancredo inquiry on the SPP" you will see that we canno count on Congress

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    CrocketsGhost,
    If you read the post LunaLun wrote on "Response to Rep. Tancredo inquiry on the SPP" you will see that we canno count on Congress
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply that we could count on those criminals. I was merely answering the question as to how they can reign in the Executive if they so desire.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123