Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

True Stories - How Illegal Immigration Effects My Life

A Texan in my network is collecting stories about how illegal immigration has effected people's lives. She is posting the stories on her site. http://thevoiceblog.thevoice.name/?cat=103

If you have something you would like to contribute, please e-mail her at
    Hilemanhouse@aol.com

I have not had a chance to read most of the stories. I've been just too busy.

I hope you enjoy.
    Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you , Dixie
    I've read your comment on Alipac and the site looks like a very organized one .
    It is easy to find things there .
    I think this is how it should be - everybody is doing a share of their work - choosing for themselves whatever they can handle , at the same time being a part of the consolidated system - everybody can contribute this way .
    I share your hopes about NC . If one state can stand against illegals firmly , we will not need to wait for our Govn. to decide what to do with illegal immigration .
    I think , if just one state makes a decision on it - the chain reaction will start .
    Those stories are terrible .
    I do not have stories like this to tell - my life is not affected so much .
    We need to stand strong , to help each other and to assure that all of us will not share stories like those one day .
    Thank you
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

We will have good stories to tell in the future. We just have to endure the bad ones a little longer.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Dixie:

I went to the site, and dropped the person running it a note...the long and short of our conversation is that I wrote something for the site, and thought I would share it here since you were the driving force behind this action on my part........

From Out Of the Shadows
    Legal American Screams to be Heard

Today I stumbled across a website called, “The Voice” which attempts to give the unheard masses here in America a platform where our voices on Illegal Immigration can be heard. Having watched the Dog and Pony show this summer referred to as “The Hearings”, I find the concept more than refreshing, and far more necessarily than George W. Bush and the United States Senate would like to admit.

People like Billionaire businessman Michael Bloomberg, Pro-Illegal Mayor of New York seems to have no reality when it comes to understanding the harm being done to lower and middleclass Americans by a human tsunami of 15-20 million illegal aliens who are stealing our jobs, depressing our family earnings, and in many cases bringing a certain level of ruination to our lower and middle class communities. He does not, and cannot speak for myself, nor any one else who struggles day to day to keep food on the table, and the mortgage paid at the end of the month.

Sadly, those in elected office seem far more interested in winning over a voting block (The Latino Vote) than taking the necessary steps to curb illegal immigration, and restore order to our borders, both of which would stem, and eventually reverse the harm being done to those, like myself, who have no voice because politicians refuse to hear our screams.

I am an American, I am being hurt by illegal immigration on numerous levels…my God, typing that simple sentence makes it sound like I am a member of some 12 step program, makes it sound as if there is something wrong with me if I do not support the concept of granting Amnesty to 15-20 million people who are bent on stealing my dream in the name of attaining their own.

I would put a bumper sticker on my car that gave some small voice to my views, but am afraid that I would wake up the next morning to find my car vandalized, windows broken out, and tires slashed. Marches…forget about it, seems the liberal press only covers marches when they involve illegal aliens demanding full rights to citizenship, and end to deportations while Bush pushes through and Amnesty and Guest Worker Plan that would make all those criminals legal with a stroke of a pen. My God, why has my nation forsaken me? By my reckoning, any one here illegally is in violation of no less than four criminal statutes, and that is being conservative, yet reporters instead want to present illegal aliens in a humanistic light, painting them as victims who deserve our compassion rather than our scorn. Those reporters need to spend a day walking in the shoes of those who are affected by these invading hordes.

My name is Pinto Bean (assumed for personal protection), and I HATE illegal aliens, and am slowly beginning to hate a government that no longer cares about myself, and millions more like me. This is/was my America, and slowly I feel it slipping away, see myself becoming marginalized in the nation where I was born and raised, I am one of those wishing for a platform where my own story can be told, a space where I can share with the world my own loses as illegal aliens steal away what I had once taken for granted.

Where does one begin? My wife and I, both 50, live in a nice mixed moderate income middle class community. (Mixed in this case, meaning people of different races, and different levels of education, all living an average middle class life, and struggling to stay afloat.) We live in an old (built in 1903) Victorian home on a quiet street about one hour north of New York City. For the past ten years we have paid our mortgage, and gone into debt to restore our home, and make a pleasant life for ourselves. Somewhere around 2000, maybe 2001 there was a change, one that at first most of us failed to see. Certain houses changed, and with that change we began to notice unexpected problems. At first we wanted to ignore those problems, wanted to give things and people a chance to adapt to our community, and perhaps in that we made a horrid mistake.

Us Americans, we are an accepting lot, perhaps our own immigrant family trees seeing us being overly accepting, always wanting to give people a chance. After all, at first it was ONLY ONE HOUSE, and maybe things would change…soon, one house became two, and then three as absentee landlords out to make a buck bought up some of the larger old homes and began turning them into tenement properties which they rented out, not to one family, but to 20,30 even 40 illegal aliens. Currently, we find ourselves in the unenviable position of having a house full of illegal aliens directly across the street from us, and another one right next door. Some might want to say, “Ok, what’s the big deal?” and all I can say, is stop for a visit, and you tell me.

For starters, let’s talk cars. Most streets I have ever been on have only so much space where one can park a car. This is not something I (nor my neighbors) had ever given much thought to, it was never a problem. I and my wife had just enough space in front of our home to park two cars, as did all the neighbors. Living in New York we have alternate side of the street parking in the winter, so come that time of year, my wife and I as one of the few people on the street with a small driveway would move one of our cars into same, and block it in with our other car, thus creating and extra two spaces on the street for our neighbors. Our street (both sides) has 16 houses, and basically enough on street parking for 32 cars.

Now, as I have said, there is a house full of illegal aliens beside and across from us, the only two homes filled with illegal aliens on our street. Between the two homes, there are in the ball park of 60 people where there should be two average families (say ten people including children). Now, most of these people in these two homes are adults, and many of them have decided they should OWN A CAR. So, two houses have, at last count, 23 cars…are we beginning to get a picture here? That leaves only NINE SPACES before our neighborhood has a parking problem where before there was none. Further, they are sneaky…realizing parking spaces were now at a premium, they starting parking in such a fashion that one car would claim TWO SPACES until one of their own came home from work, where upon they would pull the one car up and let the other one in. Calls to the police were fruitless; they informed us it was A PUBLIC STREET, and nothing could be done! Forget the obvious, that they are here illegally…our town’s mayor has endorsed Mayor Bloomberg’s position that Police Officers cannot ask about someone’s IMMIGRATION STATUS.

These illegal aliens seem to have a sense of entitlement about a lot of things, not just parking spaces. My wife and I have some nice landscaping, and as a part of that, some beautiful lighting. Never would we envision that lighting creating PROBLEMS for us. These illegal aliens buy what I would call BEATER CARS, old hand me downs that take a lot of work to keep running. Our beautiful landscape lighting apparently was taken as and invite by these illegal aliens to turn the street in front of our house into a repair shop for their cars, and the steps leading up to our home was a perfect tool bench. This was BAD ENOUGH, but gets better. We noticed our water bill had increased, and at first thought maybe there had been a rate hike we were not aware of. Imagine our SHOCK and surprise when one of our neighbors knocks on the door one night to inform us that the illegal aliens living beside us were using our hose and water during the day while we were at work to wash their cars, and water their small vegetable garden! There is something wrong when I have to go down into our basement and turn my outside water supply on and off when I want to water my own flowers and lawn.

Like most towns, we have once a week garbage pick up, which is more than adequate for homes that have a reasonable number of people living in them. However, when you have 30 people in one house, a whole lot of garbage adds up in a week’s time. Enough garbage builds up in fact to attract both cockroaches and RATS. Last spring we had just gotten our pool open, and came out the next morning to find one of these rats had gotten up onto our deck, and drowned in our pool. We now have to routinely have a pest control service to our house to keep these vermin and cockroaches at bay.

Our illegal aliens are all Latin. They in numerous ways seem to think they have the right to FORCE their culture on the rest of our block. Further, if their actions are representative of the Latino culture, I have some problems with it. First, perhaps because they come from a warmer climate, they seem to enjoy congregating OUTSIDE, and have a propensity for consuming LARGE AMOUNTS of alcohol. Now, not saying these are traits unique to Latin America, but some of the things they do when consuming their alcoholic beverages are not behaviors I witness by the rest of the folks on the block.

We do not urinate in our front yards here in America, yet routinely we have had to witness this degusting spectacle, and yelling at them does no good. We do not park our cars in the middle of the street and block traffic because we want to join the party going on at the house full of illegal aliens…seriously; they seem to gather in PACKS like wild dogs. Not everyone on our street likes Latin music, not everyone wants to listen to your music blaring loud enough to be heard two miles away, and we like it even less at ten in the morning on a Saturday when we want to sleep in, and absolutely HATE IT at two in the morning when most SANE people are asleep in their beds. In America, we do not block the side walk so that a woman has to push her way through you, or walk out on to the street, and we do not leer at these women and made rude sexual remarks as she walks past. That’s sexual harassment.

We have a nice back yard, off of the back porch we have a small covered patio with table and chairs that we enjoy sitting out under. I woke up one night in need of a snack and headed down to the kitchen when I heard voices. So, I quietly made my way through the kitchen to the small half bath which has a window which looks out over our back yard. Imagine my surprise when sitting on MY FURNITURE, IN MY YARD were sitting five illegal aliens drinking beer, smoking cigarettes (that they were putting out on MY DECK) and talking. When I went outside to confront them, they wanted to get INDIGNANT, informing me that I was NOT USING IT, so what was the big deal. I had to go back inside and get my Louisville Slugger to show them that it was a big deal. This is not the first time, nor the last time they have accessed our yard…do we have reports from neighbors that a couple of their children sneak into our back yard when we are at work and swim in OUR POOL.

We’ve caught them peeking into the windows of our house when drunk like common peeping toms, had to call the police when they were so drunk they thought our house was theirs at three in the morning, but the worse affront occurred this past winter. We had gotten a huge snowfall here in New York, and that means shoveling. Now, we have a sidewalk along the side of our house (elevated) that runs beside the driveway of the house beside us that has all the illegal aliens. (The landlord thought a black top parking lot made more sense than a BACKYARD.) I was upstairs getting myself ready to head outside to shovel and happened to look out our side window, only to see the illegal aliens throwing their snow off their driveway up onto my sidewalk, piling it up onto the foundation of my home. I went outside screaming at them, and pushed all the snow they had piled up back onto their driveway while telling them NEVER TO DO THAT AGAIN. The next day I was served with a summons…the landlord had charged me with TREPASSING. Sure, the case was eventually thrown out of court, but not before I spent a great deal of money having to hire and attorney, not to mention losing three days off from work to make the court dates.

Some may see these things as and inconvenience, at best a nuisance, the cost we pay for being a welcoming nation. However, these actions and behaviors on the part of illegal aliens have a measurable cost in dollars. Their presence in our community, the tenement houses next to and across from me have lowered the value of our home by over $50,000 and I am wondering who it is that is going to give that money back to me? That is our hard earned equity, which was money we had considered as banked for our retirement. Perhaps to a George Bush or Michael Bloomberg $50,000 is pocket change, not and amount worth fretting about, but for my wife and I that loss is more than we can afford to have lost, represents us having to work a couple of extra years before having a chance to enjoy our golden years.

Americans are a compassionate and giving people, we routinely are the first to open our hearts and our wallets when disaster hits those less fortunate than ourselves. Our nation already has the most liberal immigration policies in the entire world; we legally allow millions to immigrate here each and every year. However, even if our politicians in their quest for CHEAP LABOR fail to recognize it, we as citizens have our limits, can only be pushed so far before our backs are up against a wall and we decide to fight back. We are losing our jobs to illegal aliens, our wages are being depressed (over eight percent per year on average) by illegal aliens, and our neighborhoods are being ruined by illegal aliens…in short, our backs are up against the wall. I fear what will happen if the government fails to heed the voices of the majority, I fear what will happen if they go against our wishes and grant AMNESTY to 15-20 million undeserving criminals.

(This is just one part of my own story, my own pain…perhaps in another writing I will share with you the reader how illegal immigration has interfered with my ability to earn a decent living wage.)
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Pinto , this story makes me scream .
    And you cannot even protest - they will either break your windows or attack you somewhere when you will be unprotected .
    These people are backstabbers - they smile in your face and they will stab you in the back .
    This is not such an easy thing - to protect yourself .
    What I do not like, that all the laws we have are actually do not protect us .
    What can you do - take them to court if they harm you ?
    But you do not even know their names .
    They can kill , steal , rape and then just go to their country and stay there for a while until they come back for more fun .
    I do not protest openly , you know why ? Because I can get hurt - one side can call me racist , another just break my car or harm me any how else .
    If I knew that the laws would protect me - could I protest loudly ? -
    I have nothing to be afraid of then .
    So , people who stand against them and represent us , deserve to be treated well and protected , because this is a dangerous business , whatever you can tell me .
    I just posted the link about the Mexican man who raped the 10 yo girl and said :
    " I did not know it was wrong , this is what people do in my village "
    They live in the primitive society , their brains are underdeveloped and they are NOMADS - the travelling tribes - it means , they come , take over the territory , use its resources and then move on to the next one .
    You are just a resource to them , which they can use , that is all
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .